Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't derp insisting he's not a Republican?

Now he wants to replace Lindsey Graham but only if it's another Republican?

That's a very Republican thing to say. Hmmm. I wonder if he might not have been completely honest.
    hnest brker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, your feelings are hurt too.

See: You
    the irony of this post... the only one completely butthurt here is you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't derp insisting he's not a Republican?

Now he wants to replace Lindsey Graham but only if it's another Republican?

That's a very Republican thing to say. Hmmm. I wonder if he might not have been completely honest.
    I assume that is the easiest level to replace him at. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Sadbert.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the irony of this post... the only one completely butthurt here is you.
    Bargaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean? You got corrected and started to lash out... it's not all personal, tbh...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do you mean? You got corrected and started to lash out... it's not all personal, tbh...
    What correction? I don't recall being incorrect about anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What correction? I don't recall being incorrect about anything.
    lol ok

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a chumpette will jump in and throw you a lifeline. They often do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What tweet did he put out that he messed up on that he is pretending his account got hacked?
    none. they're still up. i think they might just be his own re ed tweets

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none. they're still up. i think they might just be his own re ed tweets
    Well, whatever. I don't care. I haven't been programmed to be triggered by the dude like chumpettes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe a chumpette will jump in and throw you a lifeline. They often do that.
    who cares? oh wait, you do.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “2016, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.”

2018, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016, Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the ins ution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would he say that? How dumb unless he actually meant it which seems doubtful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “2016, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.”

2018, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.): “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016, Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016, Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the ins ution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016, Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.): “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016, Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016, Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Col.): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wisc.): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”
    1998, Pres Bill Clinton (D-Arkansas): "I did not have sex with that woman"

"Everybody lies" - Dr House

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Grassley's tweets are still up. Bogie you said you're from Iowa and that you once voted for Grassley, what the is up with this guy?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lincoln Project releases devastating new ad against Republican Lindsey Graham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You should look up RBGs opinion 2016.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Covid

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump gets livid over Susan Collins’ refusal to support his right to fill Ginsburg’s Supreme Court seat

https://occupydemocrats.com/2020/09/...me-court-seat/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The R know they're about to lose the presidency and congress...why else rush...they're also banking for the D to remain spineless...D will pack the court with liberal judges

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GOP governor breaks ranks and urges Senate Republicans to hold off on Ginsburg replacement

On Saturday morning, Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA) issued a statement on Twitter

urging Senate Republicans to hold off on filling Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat until after the November election.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/gop-governor-breaks-ranks-and-urges-senate-republicans-to-hold-off-on-ginsburg-replacement/

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    GOP governor breaks ranks and urges Senate Republicans to hold off on Ginsburg replacement

On Saturday morning, Gov. Charlie Baker (R-MA) issued a statement on Twitter

urging Senate Republicans to hold off on filling Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat until after the November election.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/gop-governor-breaks-ranks-and-urges-senate-republicans-to-hold-off-on-ginsburg-replacement/
    lol breaks ranks, Charlie Baker has zero clout within the GOP. Him saying this is a non-story.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Top Contender for RBG’s Seat Has a Fundamentally Cruel Vision of the Law

Here’s what we can expect if Trump fills the late justice’s seat.

The consensus among legal and political analysts is that Judge Amy Coney Barrett, whom Trump placed on a federal appeals court in 2017, is the leading candidate to fill Ginsburg’s seat.

During her three years on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, Barrett has either written or joined a remarkable number of opinions that harm unpopular and powerless individuals who rely on the judiciary to safeguard their rights.

Faced with two plausible readings of a law, fact, or precedent,

Barrett always seems to choose the harsher, stingier interpretation.

Can job applicants sue employers
    whose policies have a disproportionately deleterious impact on older people? Barrett said no.

Should courts halt the deportation of an immigrant who faced torture at home? Barrett said no.

Should they protect refugees denied asylum on the basis of xenophobic prejudice? Barrett said no.

Should they shield prisoners from unjustified violence by correctional officers? Barrett said no.

Should minors be allowed to terminate a pregnancy without telling their parents if a judge has found that they’re mature enough to make the decision? Barrett said no.

Should women be permitted to obtain an abortion upon discovering a severe fetal abnormality? Barrett said no.

Barrett would cast the fifth vote to either hollow out Roe v. Wade or overturn it altogether. Similarly, there is no doubt that

Barrett would dramatically expand the Second Amendment, invalidating gun control measures around the country.

It’s quite possible, perhaps even likely, that within a year of her confirmation,

Americans will be forbidden from terminating a pregnancy in 21 states

but permitted to purchase assault weapons and carry firearms in public in every state.

Abortion and guns, however, are just the beginning

the Supreme Court will eradicate the entire Affordable Care Act in 2021, stripping health insurance from more than 20 million people.

Barrett has criticized Roberts’ 2012 opinion saving the law, suggesting she would join the other four conservatives to destroy it root and branch.

Barrett and her conservative colleagues would also take a machete to the thicket of laws that protect the health and safety of millions of Americans.

etc

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...e.html?via=rss

========================

The story behind potential

Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett’s little-known Catholic group,

People of Praise

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/07/06/the-story-behind-potential-supreme-court-nominee-amy-coney-barretts-little-known-catholic-group-people-of-praise/

==========

yet another devout, or not, ing Catholic extreme rightwingnutjob, vengeful, punitive, sanctimonious mofo whose "faith" supercedes the actual ing law.

Thread Information