Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The voters are the electoral college. You're dipped in salt.
    Jesus Christ, just stop talking. You don’t know anything.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are done with the scamdemic.
    It all goes away after November 3rd.
    What do you mean by that, derp?

Step up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I were actually pimping Rasmussen I'd point to the approval poll he had 2 days ago of 53%. The article quoted the RCP average he had of 46% overall in Feb before the pandemic hit us.

And you guys pile on Rasmussen when they only bombed once, really. Every other pollster bombed in 2016. Wisconsin a 7 point Hillary win NBC News had her up 12 nationally on Oct 23
    They write that all off as the Comey Effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I mean ideologues like you.

But for what it's worth I just used the finger analogy for effect.

More realistically, Ruth was as pompous as the rest of you and the ideologues of your ilk, and she figured there was no way Hillary would lose. She wanted to leave with a woman as president as her way of ing the football. Instead, she didn't make it one term of orange man and dieded off just in time for him.

Except I didn't say any 'ideologue' had to pressure her, I said the Democratic party should have, seeing what happened here could've been clearly avoided.

cool gif though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The voters are the electoral college. You're dipped in salt.
    No they're not. You're dipped in ignorance, and extremely butthurt Trump didn't win the popular vote. We know.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wisconsin was the only state that was polled wrong.

Every other were inside the margin of error.
    RCP only had him in the margin of error because of the accurate Trafalgar polls leveling it out. In Michigan, PPP had her up 6 and Gravis had her up 5 going into the election.

I mention this because I have seen Dems here call the Trafalgar group "suspect" or "right leaning" because the polls tend to have Trump up in swing states.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except I didn't say any 'ideologue' had to pressure her, I said the Democratic party should have, seeing what happened here could've been clearly avoided.

cool gif though.
    Ideologue/Partisan. This isn't even much of a hair splitting at the end of the day.

It is a cool gif, though. Couldn't be more apropos.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No they're not. You're dipped in ignorance, and extremely butthurt Trump didn't win the popular vote. We know.
    Trying to rub your salt onto me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ideologue/Partisan. This isn't even much of a hair splitting at the end of the day.

It is a cool gif, though. Couldn't be more apropos.
    I don't even disagree she was a pompous ass, tbh.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not technically incorrect, which like his fuhrer he will lean on. The voter of the election are the electoral college, they just don't represent the will of the people. But they're still the voters

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RCP only had him in the margin of error because of the accurate Trafalgar polls leveling it out. In Michigan, PPP had her up 6 and Gravis had her up 5 going into the election.

I mention this because I have seen Dems here call the Trafalgar group "suspect" or "right leaning" because the polls tend to have Trump up in swing states.
    Trafalgar is a laugh.

For one, yes they do lean to the right to start with.

They also dont show their methodology. They basically want you to take them at their word....and your neighbors.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to rub your salt onto me.
    there's only one person salty here, and that's you after I pointed out that you can't possibly claim to know what 'voters' want, considering 'voters' clearly didn't want what you want.

Just a fact.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They write that all off as the Comey Effect.
    People did not really give a sh1t about that, imo. They had already tuned out that email/server business at the point. The electorate just didn't like Hillary and held their nose voting for Trump.

They don't seem to be that excited about Biden, either, according to the internals on these polls. They just don't hate the man they way they did Hillary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not technically incorrect, which like his fuhrer he will lean on. The voter of the election are the electoral college, they just don't represent the will of the people. But they're still the voters
    He said 'the voters want', and by that he clearly meant the population at large, not electoral voters. That's what I was pointing out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no beef with the EC, stated so many times, never denied Trump is the president, etc etc etc...

For some reason derp gets extremely upset any time somebody reminds him the population at large didn't pick Trump. That's his problem, not mine, tbh

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right now both parties are focus grouping the out of every scenario to see what plays well and what doesn't, that's probably why we're waiting a week for a nomination

Whether you're a Democrat or Republican, we're all in for some political theatre between now and the end of the year we'll be able to tell our grandkids about
    See sonny, this is why grandpappy moved the to Portugal in 2020.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't even disagree she was a pompous ass, tbh.
    She wanted her enhanced legacy. She wanted to go out carried on her teammates shoulders.
    Can you really blame her?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If I were actually pimping Rasmussen I'd point to the approval poll he had 2 days ago of 53%. The article quoted the RCP average he had of 46% overall in Feb before the pandemic hit us.

And you guys pile on Rasmussen when they only bombed once, really. Every other pollster bombed in 2016. Wisconsin a 7 point Hillary win NBC News had her up 12 nationally on Oct 23
    There's now a pretty solid explanation for what happened in the polls in 2016, and most of the highly rated pollsters corrected for it. Prior to 2016, white people generally voted Democrat/Republican at around same percentages regardless of education, so the fact that educated whites respond to polls with higher frequency than uneducated whites never mattered. The pollsters in 2016 weighted their sample by race instead of race & education, without realizing the Trump effect of college educated whites voting more Democrat and uneducated whites voting more Republican. There are still some lower quality pollsters not weighing for education but the top pollsters like Monmouth University are now weighing by education.

Pollsters still can't really account for what turnout levels will be and groups like hispanics are still really hard to poll so it's not like Trump can't win, but the polling issues from 2016 have largely been corrected.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She wanted her enhanced legacy. She wanted to go out carried on her teammates shoulders.
    He just explicitly said he blames her, derp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can blame her for putting herself in front of the country. I can blame a lot of public servants for the same, be it Dems, Republicans or Independents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See sonny, this is why grandpappy moved the to Portugal in 2020.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People did not really give a sh1t about that, imo. They had already tuned out that email/server business at the point. The electorate just didn't like Hillary and held their nose voting for Trump.

They don't seem to be that excited about Biden, either, according to the internals on these polls. They just don't hate the man they way they did Hillary.
    If it's not the Comey effect, then the polling was definitely a scam. It has to be one or the other.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can blame her for putting herself in front of the country. I can blame a lot of public servants for the same, be it Dems, Republicans or Independents.
    "Putting herself in front of the country" is the same as saying "for not being partisan."

And for that she truly did give you the finger.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    RBG deserves blame because she ignored reality by risking her seat. Outside of when they unexpectedly die (i.e., Scalia), conservative judges make sure their replacement is picked by a conservative president. The Courts are now littered with hundreds of Federalist Society clones who are all of the belief that ensuring conservative politicians control the courts is important. There's not a chance Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, or even Roberts (all 4 being Federalist Society members since they were in law school) are going to ever retire with a Democrat in the White House or even risk that they're still on the bench and die with a Dem in the white house. If Ginsburg was so concerned with protecting reproductive rights, she would have made sure Obama picked her replacement knowing that the other side of the aisle had judges who put their ideals before themselves.
    Last edited by Will Hunting; 09-21-2020 at 03:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    29 times in American history there was an open Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential election year.

All 29 times the President made a nomination

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...mpression=true
    Last edited by ducks; 09-21-2020 at 03:55 PM.

Thread Information