Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Roberts is the same way honestly. I don't know what causes judges to turn to the left after they get in. Because liberal judges never seem to turn to the right post-appointment.
    The louisian abortion decision was literally "hey guys we just said this was uncons utional 2 years ago, reword it and come back" Nothing to do with being liberal.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    No he was one of the judges that voted to uphold the louisiana abortion law. He don't give a .
    There was more to it than that. He wanted SCOTUS to dodge the issue and send it back down to the lower courts while temporarily blocking it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/polit...nts/index.html

When I read that article it doesn’t sound like Kavanaugh has any interest in being part of the Supreme Court that overturns Roe v Wade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Their best chance at heroism is being as " the libs" as they can possibly be. The posturing is self serving. They're trying to convince themselves they have any conviction beyond winning.
    That would imply they have conviction though

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    well, that was one reason, the other being the more obvious not having 5 reliable liberal votes + 2 50/50 votes and only 2 reliable conservatives. Even if Garland was a 50/50, that would still be a strong advantage to the Democratic ideals.

toomey, portman and ron johnson are dead in 2022, hence why that was my prediction for the year the Dems take back the Senate.
    If Biden wins none of them are dead. Do you forget how midterm elections go for Democrats when they control the White House?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was more to it than that. He wanted SCOTUS to dodge the issue and send it back down to the lower courts while temporarily blocking it.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/polit...nts/index.html

When I read that article it doesn’t sound like Kavanaugh has any interest in being part of the Supreme Court that overturns Roe v Wade.
    Once Collins is gone, he told her he wouldn't overturn it, I could see him not giving a . That article does say he was trying to kick that down though, probably hoping to wait out the clock hoping that trump isn't in office for the next time it came around. I still think next time it comes around he's in the not woman side of the decision.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Once Collins is gone, he told her he wouldn't overturn it, I could see him not giving a . That article does say he was trying to kick that down though, probably hoping to wait out the clock hoping that trump isn't in office for the next time it came around. I still think next time it comes around he's in the not woman side of the decision.
    I think next time around he’ll want to side step it. I don’t think SCOTUS judges particularly like dealing with abortion , Kavanaugh and Roberts are more focused on finding ways to help rich people buy elections and the country over.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does Emmett scare you?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now you're haggling over value.
    no . werent we talking about the value of our vote?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Oh and making it harder for black people to vote. That’s another pet project for John Roberts.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a designated thread to hyperventilate over harsh language by liberals, stop spamming this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if a new SCOTUS justice is appointed before the inauguration, does it even matter if Trump wins or loses? Aren't we ed either way?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing stupid head she should have stepped down in 2009. 2012 at the latest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So if a new SCOTUS justice is appointed before the inauguration, does it even matter if Trump wins or loses? Aren't we ed either way?
    yeah they can jam this through even if its after election but before inauguration. and they will.

only recourse dems have in that scenario where they win the presidency (but only if they also at least have a tie in the senate) would be to pass legislation increasing the number of justices on the court and just start stacking it. after that it just becomes a tug of war where anytime a party controls the white house + senate they're going to go ham. and its going to be bad for the country. but its a hand that would be forced

mitch sat on a nomination for a ing year but now feels that he can just jam one through less than 2 months from an election. he has completely broken congress

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah they can jam this through even if its after election but before inauguration. and they will.

only recourse dems have in that scenario where they win the presidency (but only if they also at least have a tie in the senate) would be to pass legislation increasing the number of justices on the court and just start stacking it. after that it just becomes a tug of war where anytime a party controls the white house + senate they're going to go ham. and its going to be bad for the country. but its a hand that would be forced

mitch sat on a nomination for a ing year but now feels that he can just jam one through less than 2 months from an election. he has completely broken congress
    I still like Will Hunting's idea of multiple DC states plus Puerto Rico being admitted to the union. GOP wants to play dirty then let's ing play dirty. DC statehood is long overdue and if there can be two Dakotas, there can be two DC too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, Roberts is the same way honestly. I don't know what causes judges to turn to the left after they get in. Because liberal judges never seem to turn to the right post-appointment.
    Threats, bribes or just being deep state operatives in the first place.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a designated thread to hyperventilate over harsh language by liberals, stop spamming this one.
    The posts can go in either thread tbh.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is she driving and on the right side of the car? Is she in Great Britain or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no . werent we talking about the value of our vote?
    My original claim was the vote wasn't worth much. The fact people would not only sell their voting right, but vote against their own beliefs for life for 1 million illustrates that they don't hold the vote itself to be worth much. You tried to equate "much" with 1M as a subjective "much" but I was meaning intangible, inalienable rights like freedom to vote your conscience. Consider Indecent Proposal where Woody lets his wife basically Robert Redford for 1M. They needed the money, so you could say his wife's pussy was valuable, but you cannot say their marriage was worth much if they are willing to other people for money.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Begging for the presidency to be put on hold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think next time around he’ll want to side step it. I don’t think SCOTUS judges particularly like dealing with abortion , Kavanaugh and Roberts are more focused on finding ways to help rich people buy elections and the country over.
    At some point they have to pay the piper, they can't keep saying they are going to overturn abortion and not do it when they have their justices

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They don't really want to overturn abortion. They just want to fight about it and push through legislation to enable big Pharma and big Firearms and big Insurance (I feel Shaq should get some credit for some of these names tbh)

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone crying about "money in elections" while they are silent as big tech puts their finger on the scales for Dems has no credibility tbh.

Thread Information