Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1242
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Lagoa is apparently all about getting rid of church/state separation, in a way that would make ISIS happy.
    so is Barrett

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A chief goal of the right.

They really do want a theocracy, even if a lot of them don't understand that word, or it's implications.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald J. Trump realDonaldTrump
    ·
    3h
    Great news. It will show how incompetent she is!
    Quote Tweet

ABC News ABC
    · 8h
    Kamala Harris is poised to become a leading figure in the Democratic opposition to Pres. Trump’s Supreme Court pick. https://abcn.ws/2ZUGURS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lagoa is apparently all about getting rid of church/state separation, in a way that would make ISIS happy.
    So why did she get confirmed 85-15 or something like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats' best strategy here is to cast the nominee as someone who is a political operative out to kill Obamacare (AKA the Affordable Care Act) and thus protection for people with preexisting conditions. Trump couldn't beat the ACA in congress so he's going to try to do it in the courts with important decisions on it coming up this year.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RBG's liberalness was exaggerated AF, Sotamayor has been the real liberal female icon recently imo. She's going to inhabit a special place of disgust in my heart for not retiring in 2014 tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any state having 2 Senators by less that 2% of the US population needs combing, for electing Senators, with other under-populated states.

America is an urban/suburban country, after 100+ years of relentless urbanization.

As long as America is dominated by a rural minority, America is ed and able.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    RBG's liberalness was exaggerated AF, Sotamayor has been the real liberal female icon recently imo. She's going to inhabit a special place of disgust in my heart for not retiring in 2014 tbh.
    If her death is the kick in the ass the Democrats needed to kill the filibuster, she did us a favor.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If her death is the kick in the ass the Democrats needed to kill the filibuster, she did us a favor.
    Should have killed it in ing 2009.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wing Christians ‘praise the Lord’ for death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg

at LGBTQ Nation, the late justice was called

a “murdering hag”

by one follower of Christ while another compared her to Adolf

Hitler ... had redeeming qualities she lacked.

far-right Christians were beside themselves with joy after Ginsburg passed away from pancreatic cancer,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/rig...ader-ginsburg/

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I could be brainwashed into being republican frankly bc it's mentally exhausting having such a continuous stream of events and happenings go against what I believe in

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Should have killed it in ing 2009.
    No doubt, but even though they had a larger majority there were too many DINOs in the senate for that to happen (3 Dems in the Dakotas, 2 in Arkansas, 2 in West Virginia, etc.), and there also wasn't any semblance of a progressive wing beyond Bernie Sanders before anyone cared about him.

Harry Reid, the heavyweight champion of muh hands are tied just came out and said the filibuster needs to end. Most importantly, Obama called it a Jim Crow relic and it's pretty clear Obama has regrets about letting the filibuster neuter his ability to get anything done. I'm pretty confident he's told Biden not to make the same mistake and let the filibuster compromise his presidency.

This is the country that didn't outlaw slavery until the 1860s. Common sense change always takes a lot longer than it should.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah I cant hold ill will toward a decent person. Her weakness was liking her job too much and so we're supposed to on her grave?

If it were me, you would absolutely have to get me out of that seat in a casket too. It's the sweetest gig this country has to offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right-wing Christians ‘praise the Lord’ for death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg

at LGBTQ Nation, the late justice was called

a “murdering hag”

by one follower of Christ while another compared her to Adolf

Hitler ... had redeeming qualities she lacked.

far-right Christians were beside themselves with joy after Ginsburg passed away from pancreatic cancer,

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/09/rig...ader-ginsburg/
    it's the Russians.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish I could be brainwashed into being republican frankly bc it's mentally exhausting having such a continuous stream of events and happenings go against what I believe in
    There's no going back, not ever again any mutual respect between the parties, nothing but deepening antipathy, polarization, hate from the Trumpism cult mob.

Trump only exploited Trumpism, he didn't create it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Romney on board with McConnell & Co., not a chance they don't have the votes now.

The Dems should just be focused on making it so the GOP senators running for re-election need to spend more time in DC to get this done, but they're not going to be able to stop the inevitable. Let it be a lesson to how they need to manage the party going forward.

McConnell might be a piece of , but he's able to coalesce votes in a manner so quickly and efficiently you need to respect it.
    It was never in doubt... but Old Joe is going to stick with "bipartisan" coz stooopid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no going back, not ever again any mutual respect between the parties, nothing but deepening antipathy, polarization, hate from the Trumpism cult mob.

Trump only exploited Trumpism, he didn't create it.
    Says the biggest cult polarized hater on Spurstalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes Susan Collins and Mitt Romney pretending to be across the aisle, stand up people and voting for whatever Mitch tells them to...

You have to admit that Mitch is a lucky SOB... from McCain dying to nominating two SCOTUS judges..
    Called it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, they never pretended this time. At least Romney didn't, he just flat out said he'll vote for whatever is put in front of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats' best strategy here is to cast the nominee as someone who is a political operative out to kill Obamacare (AKA the Affordable Care Act) and thus protection for people with preexisting conditions. Trump couldn't beat the ACA in congress so he's going to try to do it in the courts with important decisions on it coming up this year.
    Pelosi should attach repeal of the individual mandate to the CR, forcing the pending ACA SC case moot.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    It was never in doubt... but Old Joe is going to stick with "bipartisan" coz stooopid.
    I might end up being terribly wrong about this but I think you’re being premature in ruling out the possibility that he doesn’t go bipartisan.

Obamacare is going to get axed while this pandemic is going on and it’s going to be an unprecedented health crisis. He won’t have the luxury of wasting time reaching across the aisle. If he can’t replace Obamacare the Democrats get destroyed in 2022 midterms and he’s a lame duck after that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    QUESTION, WBAY: If Trump's Supreme Court pick goes through but you win the election, democrats take over Senate and maintain the House, would you consider adding more Supreme Court justices to the bench?

JOE BIDEN: It’s a legitimate question, but let me tell you why I’m not going answer that question because it will shift the focus, that’s what he wants, he never wants to talk about the issue at hand and he always tries to change the subject. Let’s say I answer that question, then the whole debate is gonna be about what Biden said or didn’t say, Biden said he would or wouldn’t. The discussion should be about why he is moving in a direction that’s totally inconsistent with what founders wanted. The Cons ution says voters get to pick a president who gets to make the pick and the senate gets to decide. We’re in the middle of the election right now, you know people are voting now. By the time this Supreme Court hearing would be held, if they hold one, it’s estimated 30 to 40% of American people already have voted. It is a fundamental breach of cons utional principle. It must stay on that and it shouldn’t happen.
    Smart and well thought out answer for someone with dementia.

We are in new times, El.

I fully expect a lot of things to happen, milquetoast Biden or not.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Pelosi should attach repeal of the individual mandate to the CR, forcing the pending ACA SC case moot.
    It’s moot right up until they manufacture another bad faith argument all the Federalist Society judges agree with.

There’s never going to be a point where Republicans give up and stop trying to kill healthcare reform as long as they’ve stacked the courts with federalist society bots. I know it sounds ridiculous but literally the only way Biden will be able to create lasting healthcare reform is if he’s ready to nuke the filibuster and stack the courts. That’s the reality we’re dealing with. It was bad enough when Roberts was the swing vote, he left Obamacare intact but weakened parts of it. With Gorsuch as the swing vote it doesn’t survive at all.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This should be Biden's campaign message the rest of the way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/o...gtype=Homepage

Best part of the article:

This is the inconvenient truth about healthcare that conservatives ignore - Obamacare was the least socialized, least liberal way to protect people with pre-existing conditions while making sure they have sufficient health insurance. There's no other policy to protect pre-existing conditions that involves less government regulation or subsidies. Republicans spent the first 6 months of 2017 tripping over their own trying to find a way to protect those with pre-existing conditions through a free market system and the square peg never fit down the round hole.
    I knew Obamacare was never going to be successful. You need everybody to buy in to it to keep the premiums reasonably priced and that wasn't gonna happen. Young people were electing to pay the fine.

So it's either full blown universal health care or keep it how it is. Not a fan of it, but the Republican party will have to start budging on a few things to please a changing electorate. So I think this is where we are headed, as healthcare seems to be a big priority according to the pollsters. Often 2nd behind the economy.

Thread Information