Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a bad fit. I actually think Mike is a great coach, but mainly for teams that don’t have any real pressure on them. Once you have great expectations, he folds. But if you pair him with a young team then he is great. It’s why I think he would be perfect for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d welcome him as an assistant. Spurs need to shoot the 3 more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought he was done after NYK.

Then after the Lakers debacle.

He just keeps rising from his grave like Jason Voorhees, The Rolling Stones, and other undead creatures...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When will the NBA give up on Pringle’s??? Lol
    I bet some of 76ers owners want him. He might get another job, but he’ll fail and be gone for good within 2 1/2 years. It’s not worth it Pringles, give it up and enjoy your 70s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d welcome him as an assistant. Spurs need to shoot the 3 more.
    He’d eat a Pringles can before being Pop’s assistant.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet some of 76ers owners want him. He might get another job, but he’ll fail and be gone for good within 2 1/2 years. It’s not worth it Pringles, give it up and enjoy your 70s.
    Why would he give it up when idiots are lining up to pay him millions?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to @KeithSmithNBA, the Sixers are letting teams know they are open to trade talks if they hire Mike D’Antoni as their next head coach.

— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) September 23, 2020
    Because of the style of play Mike D'Antoni likes to play, it's likely the team explores trading Ben Simmons, who even though loves to play in transition, he's not a good shooter, and D'Antoni's offense is all about shooting the basketball. Simmons 29% from three just isn't going to cut it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    According to @KeithSmithNBA, the Sixers are letting teams know they are open to trade talks if they hire Mike D’Antoni as their next head coach.

— Hoop Central (@TheHoopCentral) September 23, 2020
    Because of the style of play Mike D'Antoni likes to play, it's likely the team explores trading Ben Simmons, who even though loves to play in transition, he's not a good shooter, and D'Antoni's offense is all about shooting the basketball. Simmons 29% from three just isn't going to cut it.
    LOL, giving up a young (if flawed) star to meet the needs of an aging coach who has never won anything.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, giving up a young (if flawed) star to meet the needs of an aging coach who has never won anything.
    I think they know they have to trade Ben or Joel this off-season because they aren't a good fit and this is just a way to sell that to their base.

I guess the question for each team now is what would you give for Ben?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they know they have to trade Ben or Joel this off-season because they aren't a good fit and this is just a way to sell that to their base.

I guess the question for each team now is what would you give for Ben?
    Agree, this is cover. They know the two can’t coexist. It’s not just their style of play, but also at ude. It’s no wonder they drove away Jimmy Butler, who is the perfect fit for a city like Philly. He’s having the last laugh right now.

Over time, you’ll see the league place more value on guys who can play with any team vs. guys that are a tough fit unless you cater specifically to their style, largely because of lack of shot range. Simmons and Westbrook are extreme examples that alter geometry on the floor. We also feel it with guys like Demar who play a position where shooting from 3 is a must, and needing to surround him with guys who can space the floor but leave things to be desired elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, this is cover. They know the two can’t coexist. It’s not just their style of play, but also at ude. It’s no wonder they drove away Jimmy Butler, who is the perfect fit for a city like Philly. He’s having the last laugh right now.

Over time, you’ll see the league place more value on guys who can play with any team vs. guys that are a tough fit unless you cater specifically to their style, largely because of lack of shot range. Simmons and Westbrook are extreme examples that alter geometry on the floor. We also feel it with guys like Demar who play a position where shooting from 3 is a must, and needing to surround him with guys who can space the floor but leave things to be desired elsewhere.
    Please don’t ever compare Simmons to DeRozan. The ONLY similarity in their games is a lack of 3 point shooting. Simmons has never been a high usage player, topping out at 22%, while DeRozan has had 10 seasons higher than that, once a whopping, Hardenesque 34%. He has also only had one season where he was NOT a net negative on DBPM, and Simmons is always comfortably positive in that category.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs get a chance to trade for Simmons, they *must* do it. He is an excellent defender who defends 1 to 5, very good playmaker and a high IQ player. Yes, he lacks shooting, but he can play point forward and defend and if paired with other shooters, he will be an outstanding addition. Simmons will be a fantastic replacement for DeMar and will be a great fit with White, Keldon, Walker and Aldridge. Heck, even Poeltl will fit well with him if the other three on the floor are good shooters.

Dont know the trade parameters because extensions kick in for Dejounte and Simmons next year. But a trade featuring Demar plus Dejounte plus maybe the 11th pick should be a good one for Simmons, I think, from a Spurs perspective. The 76ers wont get a shooter in exchange though and I dont know if they will agree to this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure they are looking to dump Tobias Harris or Al Horford. It would be NBA malpractice to move BenSimmons at this point.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As long as they stay away from Becky...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure they are looking to dump Tobias Harris or Al Horford. It would be NBA malpractice to move BenSimmons at this point.
    Simmons can’t function in D’Antoni’s offense. Mike has never showed any interest in running any other kinds of sets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont know the trade parameters because extensions kick in for Dejounte and Simmons next year. But a trade featuring Demar plus Dejounte plus maybe the 11th pick should be a good one for Simmons, I think, from a Spurs perspective. The 76ers wont get a shooter in exchange though and I dont know if they will agree to this.
    No way in 76ers agrees to that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how is this guy still in demand?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They now want to trade for harden

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great. Import two losers, instead of one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not a numbers guy, but I like Forbes for Simmons
    Pringles can have the east coast Steph
    Do it, RC

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    how is this guy still in demand?
    he's a good coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would actually prolly benefit Harden to head to Philly with Pringles. He might be able to get to the Finals that way unless the Heat land Giannis.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could Philly possible offer Houston that would be enough for Harden?

Something funny to think about is a full-scale roster swap. D'Antonio would just be running it back but in the East instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What could Philly possible offer Houston that would be enough for Harden?

Something funny to think about is a full-scale roster swap. D'Antonio would just be running it back but in the East instead.
    Simmons, Horford, and a pick for Harden and Westchimp?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he's a good coach.
    He runs a gimmick system that comes apart like stewed chicken in the playoffs...every time.

Thread Information