Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That part does not even bother me. So did Kobe and the other greats before him. Even Dirk became somewhat of a crybaby to the refs after he finally rang.

Narcissists are also typically deluded as and that is Lebron in a nuts . The fact that he has 3-6 final's record and honestly thinks he is the GOAT tells me all I need to know about his awareness or lack thereof.
    Lebron has far surpassed anyone in cries (often over nothing). It's quite unbecoming for a guy who is supposed to be a great.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron has far surpassed anyone in cries (often over nothing). It's quite unbecoming for a guy who is supposed to be a great.
    IDK, Kobe's overly dramatic flailing his arms in the air and yelling HHEEEEYY every time someone was shutting him down was very annoying .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK, Kobe's overly dramatic flailing his arms in the air and yelling HHEEEEYY every time someone was shutting him down was very annoying .
    Yes I remember that. I also hated how Gasol would also scream "Arrggh" every time he posted up. Throughout a Kobe-Gasol laker game you would hear "HHHHHHHEYYYYY" and "ARGGGGGHHHH".

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe at least mostly lobbied for cheap fouls. Practically every time Lebron goes to the hoop and loses the ball or misses on a clean play he is crying.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Yes I remember that. I also hated how Gasol would also scream "Arrggh" every time he posted up. Throughout a Kobe-Gasol laker game you would hear "HHHHHHHEYYYYY" and "ARGGGGGHHHH".
    Yeah and Pau had that mop-head so the refs always bought his act as the guy really knew how to make it appear that he had been viciously assaulted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan of Jimmer thinks Lebron is unlikable

If you put away your fandom for a minute, Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh...

And I might be short on the 20-25 year range...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even MVP of the Lakers - DaQuit is for sure. LeBron truly hated by many and with multiple good reasons including his way to change teams to fit his whims.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fan of Jimmer thinks Lebron is unlikable

If you put away your fandom for a minute, Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh...

And I might be short on the 20-25 year range...
    Definitely not more likable or charismatic than MJ if we are going to go 25 years back granted if social media existed back then I'm sure things would have been different for MJ. If you use the last 20 years only Shaq-Kobe are equally as recognizable. Him being more likable than Shaq-Kobe isn't saying much.
    Last edited by daslicer; 09-21-2020 at 07:56 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh...
    No on two out of three if not three out of three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely not more likable or charismatic than MJ if we are going to go 25 years back granted if social media existed back then I'm sure things would have been different for MJ. If you use the last 20 years only Shaq-Kobe are equally as recognizable. Him being more likable than Shaq-Kobe isn't saying much.
    MJ was a consummate gambler, got his dad killed, shat on his fans quitting the NBA for a year, and like you said, all that even without social media. Shaq was recognizable, but he did nothing for the league, tbh... it was all about him. Kobe rapedPERIOD.

If you keep going back, all flawed, tbh... AI was a fake thug, Barkley was a diva, Malone a pedo, Magic got dem AIDS...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ was a consummate gambler, got his dad killed, shat on his fans quitting the NBA for a year, and like you said, all that even without social media. Shaq was recognizable, but he did nothing for the league, tbh... it was all about him. Kobe rapedPERIOD.

If you keep going back, all flawed, tbh... AI was a fake thug, Barkley was a diva, Malone a pedo, Magic got dem AIDS...
    You just love LeRoids cos #AlwaysWithHer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Again we are talking about how MJ was perceived during his playing days and not what he is now. Also no one hated on MJ for the gambling but the NYC media. I remember all this stuff as a kid since I was 10 years old way back in ‘93. Also the conspiracy theory about him killing his father is stupid. MJ’s perception by the media and fans was god like back then hence the high ratings. Lebron does not have the charisma or appeal Jordan did back then.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeCoward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just love LeRoids cos #AlwaysWithHer.
    I don't know why you keep trying to crowbar Shillary on everything. You can go look at my post history and how much I despise that .

Keep trying, one day you might get it right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again we are talking about how MJ was perceived during his playing days and not what he is now. Also no one hated on MJ for the gambling but the NYC media. I remember all this stuff as a kid since I was 10 years old way back in ‘93. Also the conspiracy theory about him killing his father is stupid. MJ’s perception by the media and fans was god like back then hence the high ratings. Lebron does not have the charisma or appeal Jordan did back then.
    But I'm not talking about how was he perceived during his playing days... I'm talking about the whole body of work (so far). It took Uncle Tom MJ 20 some years after he retired to come out and support the black community, after having kill eachother over his Chinese made shoes for just as long.

I mean, sure, Lebron could go that route too and the bed. But AFAIK, he has not yet, and frankly if he's a runner up to MJ, he's in a very good place. Again, nobody comes even remotely close in the past 20 or so years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRoids is simply unlikeable and a proven fake with his non-China stance then jumping on various bandwagons. In NBA protest he even ticked off other players with his arrogance. He may do some good for schools and the like but he is rightfully distained.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bird is a father

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, you can't debate whether someone is "likeable" or not when that's completely subjective. You can't tell someone what they should (or should not) like. They either like it or not. And that's where the conversation ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right except LBJ is forced upon us all the time by the adoring and overly fawning media which only makes him more unlikeable on a personal basis to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right except LBJ is forced upon us all the time by the adoring and overly fawning media which only makes him more unlikeable on a personal basis to me.
    so was Jordan

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    rofl arguably no single sports player in history was forced upon fans as much as michael jordan was

at least it appears lebron is just himself (cornball at times, absolutely), unlike mike who put on a front to manufacture a fake persona that everyone believed in, when in fact he turned out to be a trash human being
    Last edited by Neo.; 09-22-2020 at 10:11 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    rofl arguably no single sports player in history was forced upon fans as much as michael jordan was

at least it appears lebron is just himself (cornball at times, absolutely), unlike mike who put on a front to manufacture a fake persona that everyone believed in, when in fact he turned out to be a trash human being
    lebron couldnt be less authentic if he tried tbh .. everything he does comes out as either forced or corny as , or both

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lebron couldnt be less authentic if he tried tbh .. everything he does comes out as either forced or corny as , or both
    coming from a guy who defends Mike dad killer jordan

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    coming from a guy who defends Mike dad killer jordan
    at least jordans dad stuck around

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    at least jordans dad stuck around
    ok?

Thread Information