Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not like MJ either that much but 6-0 speaks more loudly that 3-6 and the elephant in the room is LBJ is never hurt, over-muscled and going bald very fast - not sure he using but he fits some potential parameters and rumors around for years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rep...-nba-news.html

https://medium.com/offtop/what-if-le...s-790503f3314f

Again no proof but what if all his records a sham?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But I'm not talking about how was he perceived during his playing days... I'm talking about the whole body of work (so far). It took Uncle Tom MJ 20 some years after he retired to come out and support the black community, after having kill eachother over his Chinese made shoes for just as long.

I mean, sure, Lebron could go that route too and the bed. But AFAIK, he has not yet, and frankly if he's a runner up to MJ, he's in a very good place. Again, nobody comes even remotely close in the past 20 or so years.
    This is exactly what you said: If you put away your fandom for a minute, Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh...

And I might be short on the 20-25 year range...

1. So now you are changing the narrative because it doesn't fit exactly what you said which makes your argument flawed. Going by your logic we would have to wait until Lebron's career is over to compare the skeletons in his closet to Jordan's. Usually when a players career is over that's when more dirt comes out on that player.
    2. at bringing up China considering Lebron supports China's oppression of people due to all the money they are paying him. That was evident when he coudn't speak out against China when it came to Hong Kong because of fear of losing Chinese money.
    3. Lebron's activism is what I call for profit activism. Nike is the company that made the "More Than An Athlete" campaign for Lebron. They also told him to speak out on racial issues once they figured out it was profitable for them much like how they have profited off of Kaepernick. I'm sure MJ would have also supported the black community when he was a player if Nike told him to do so.
    4. What exactly has Lebron really done for the black community? Has he opened up banks, businesses,hospitals for them, or provided them with affordable housing. It's very easy to make donations to a charity fund or provide some scholarships to a few black kids and say you are a hero for your community. MJ has done all those things but he's hated on but when Lebron does it he's loved. To me that's laughable.
    5. Even Lebron's school is a scam in the sense that he didn't actually build it. That school was built by the money of Ohio State tax payers. Lebron made some donations at the start but is now out of it and will not deal with costs and expenses of managing the school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not like MJ either that much but 6-0 speaks more loudly that 3-6 and the elephant in the room is LBJ is never hurt, over-muscled and going bald very fast - not sure he using but he fits some potential parameters and rumors around for years.

Context is needed

Yes 2011 is a stain on hs resume but other than that, the teams James faced in the Finals were better than his own teams and infinitely better than the ones Jordan faced in his 6 Finals appearances
    Not to mention the Bulls had the refs in their backpockets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Context is needed

Yes 2011 is a stain on hs resume but other than that, the teams James faced in the Finals were better than his own teams and infinitely better than the ones Jordan faced in his 6 Finals appearances
    Not to mention the Bulls had the refs in their backpockets
    If we are being honest here every team and player that is favored by the media tends to have the refs in their backpocket. We saw that a lot with Kobe-Shaq Lakers. Look at game 1 of the Lakers-Nuggets series with all the bs phantom calls that were made in the Lakers favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Context is needed as LBJs entire playoff record inflated by EC weakness, if anything and now he is being subverted as man by Davis - real MVP inarguably of LAL as they stunk without him (hate him too for quitting on Pelicans)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Proud to despise LaRoid and sticking with it. I actually favored historical non liked players like Kareem (true GOAT) and Chamberlain as at least they were not frauds.
    How can anyone like James at all?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are right except LBJ is forced upon us all the time by the adoring and overly fawning media which only makes him more unlikeable on a personal basis to me.
    Or maybe it's just he's the best player of the century and you're butthurt over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are being honest here every team and player that is favored by the media tends to have the refs in their backpocket. We saw that a lot with Kobe-Shaq Lakers. Look at game 1 of the Lakers-Nuggets series with all the bs phantom calls that were made in the Lakers favor.
    But Jordan is the most ref protected in the history of the NBA, BY FAR

, that game 5 in 1993 vs the Knicks is a travesty, and I'm not talking about the Charles Smith play (clean D imo), but the number of bail out calls on MJ is nauseating tbh

Same with game 1 of the 1992 Finals, those and 1's called on Drexler were utter BS

Also, the Riley Heat weren't allowed to do , Alonzo would set clean screens on MJ, but they called offensive fouls most of the time

1st round of the 1998 playoffs vs NJ, the ing Nets , Kittles and Kendal Gill were called for breathing on MJ; Jordan needed help at home against a team
    Last edited by lefty; 09-22-2020 at 01:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Context is needed as LBJs entire playoff record inflated by EC weakness, if anything and now he is being subverted as man by Davis - real MVP inarguably of LAL as they stunk without him (hate him too for quitting on Pelicans)
    The best team Jordan faced in EC during his 6 peat was Indy in 98 and it was very close

The Knicks? Ewing and an actual grocery bagger as the 2nd best player

The Cavs? ok, underrated PG, good frontline, but that frontline was soft AF; then you had Uncle Joey from Full House guarding Jordan

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Jordan became bald early too. And peds are different. Not all of them make you look like bodybuilder. Maybe Jordan took something that increased his stamina (increased level of play in the 4th aka clutch play) or something like Methylphenidate (stimulating an increase in training time aka legendary work ethic). He could also take psychostimulants that increased his concentration and made him fearless (what also increased his cluth play). Maybe 1997 "flu game" was really "peds side effects game". It's also explained why he abused his teammates (roid rage).

Again no proof but what if it's true and all his records a sham? Just saying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan became bald early too. And peds are different. Not all of them make you look like bodybuilder. Maybe Jordan took something that increased his stamina (increased level of play in the 4th aka clutch play) or something like Methylphenidate (stimulating an increase in training time aka legendary work ethic). He could also take psychostimulants that increased his concentration and made him fearless (what also increased his cluth play). Maybe 1997 "flu game" was really "peds side effects game". It's also explained why he abused his teammates (roid rage).

Again no proof but what if it's true and all his records a sham? Just saying
    Looks legit tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron haters please do tell how good (cough cough) his 2016 team was.
    You know the one that beat the collusion Golden gots with Durbeta, refs, and every other conceivable advantage. Casual Phan even thinking that that years gots team was the GOAT.

Do tell. You know, since the EC was soo weak.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lebron haters please do tell how good (cough cough) his 2016 team was.
    You know the one that beat the collusion Golden gots with Durbeta, refs, and every other conceivable advantage. Casual Phan even thinking that that years gots team was the GOAT.

Do tell. You know, since the EC was soo weak.
    um

what?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp would be an absolute God Troll if he purposely made this thread for irony's sake.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp would be an absolute God Troll if he purposely made this thread for irony's sake.
    Baggage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron appears to care more for the black community than Jordan did. MJ seemed indifferent...not only about blacks, but about humanity in general

But that's pretty much it. He appears passionate and likely forced Silver to put BLM stuff all over the court/uniforms which has accomplished nothing but low ratings. He is no MLK or Tupac Shakur who actually made a difference in their eras.

This is exactly what you said: If you put away your fandom for a minute, Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh...

1. So now you are changing the narrative because it doesn't fit exactly what you said which makes your argument flawed. Going by your logic we would have to wait until Lebron's career is over to compare the skeletons in his closet to Jordan's. Usually when a players career is over that's when more dirt comes out on that player.
    2. at bringing up China considering Lebron supports China's oppression of people due to all the money they are paying him. That was evident when he coudn't speak out against China when it came to Hong Kong because of fear of losing Chinese money.
    3. Lebron's activism is what I call for profit activism. Nike is the company that made the "More Than An Athlete" campaign for Lebron. They also told him to speak out on racial issues once they figured out it was profitable for them much like how they have profited off of Kaepernick. I'm sure MJ would have also supported the black community when he was a player if Nike told him to do so.
    4. What exactly has Lebron really done for the black community? Has he opened up banks, businesses,hospitals for them, or provided them with affordable housing. It's very easy to make donations to a charity fund or provide some scholarships to a few black kids and say you are a hero for your community. MJ has done all those things but he's hated on but when Lebron does it he's loved. To me that's laughable.
    5. Even Lebron's school is a scam in the sense that he didn't actually build it. That school was built by the money of Ohio State tax payers. Lebron made some donations at the start but is now out of it and will not deal with costs and expenses of managing the school.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) I didn't change a thing, I'm talking players in the past 20-25 years. Not my fault Lebron hasn't retired and shat the bed like MJ did yet. I certainly give you or anybody that disagrees with what I said that Lebron still has some ways to go to clear the bar.

2) You're running away from the main argument here, which is Jordan not ever giving a about the black community while he was profiting from the crime his shoes created (whether they were made in China or Indonesia). It's also pretty convenient to bring up Lebron and China now, when nobody had a problem with muh human rights when MJ was exploiting children over there to make his shoes. That's a nice double standard, tbh.

3) He simply doesn't have to do it to make a buck, period. See: MJ, who played Uncle Tom to appease white people and still made a bundle. There's simply no comparison in this topic.

4) Kicked off a public school in Akron, Ohio, which he called the greatest achievement of his career. He speaks out for them, gives them a voice. Not to mention direct and indirect charity, but more importantly, he embarrassed MJ into saying something nice about the black community after 20+ years. What has MJ done for the black community, other than rip them off with cheap sneakers and overpriced jerseys?

5) How is that bad? It's a public school. It's orders of magnitude better than flooding the black neighborhoods with cheap shoes with a markup and watch the lil niglets kill each other over them, all the while staying silent and counting dem bills.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That too.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3) He simply doesn't have to do it to make a buck, period. See: MJ, who played Uncle Tom to appease white people and still made a bundle. There's simply no comparison in this topic.
    Both play what they think they have to maximize bucks. You couldn't be slobbing Lebron's knob more, pretending he's a virtuous character.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What has MJ done for the black community, other than rip them off with cheap sneakers and overpriced jerseys?
    Supply and demand. Black people should not buy overpriced sh** if it's hurting them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe it's just he's the best player of the century and you're butthurt over it.
    Laughable not even top two

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aged Duncan went three and oh against prime Lebron in the Finals were it not for Gregg giving one away.

Gawd, you're fanboy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aged Duncan went three and oh against prime Lebron in the Finals were it not for Gregg giving one away.

Gawd, you're fanboy.
    You mean Kawhi giving one away

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Laughable not even top two
    Just curious, it's Duncan and who else?

Thread Information