Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. If you put away your fandom for a minute, Lebron is easily the most charismatic, recognizable and likeable player in the league in the past 20-25 years, tbh... This exactly what you said and I think most people would think you would have implied career and not post career with that statement 25 years ago would go back to '95 and I would say from '95-'98 MJ had charisma,recognizably, and likability that hasn't been matched since then. The Q score measures charisma,recognizably, and likability and Jordan had a higher Q score than Lebron. He still has a higher Q score despite his post career negativity of being uncle Tom. You just can't admit you were wrong. What I find even more interesting is I was reading an article that stated Curry actually has the highest Q score of a current NBA player. So Lebron is not even the most likable, charismatic player out of his own generation.

Defintion of charisma is compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others. You can say Jordan was a rotten teammate but no one cared about that stuff during the 90's. Everyone loved him, worshiped him during that time period. I have never seen Lebron get the godlike worship MJ got during the 90's. I can't say he's more charismatic than MJ was.

2. I'm done arguing this point.

3. Fact is they had the number 1 pick and Kyrie in 2014. That's why Lebron went there. Do you honestly believe he's going there if they didn't have Kyrie and the number 1 pick. They got to the finals in 2015 but you left that out on purpose. Don't be stupid we know they would have won it all in 2015 had Kyrie had not gotten injured in the finals and Love getting injured before the finals. They were not a rebuilding team but were a team that was built to win from the get go when they got Love and Kyrie. They won it all in 2016 which shows you they were a team that was built to win right away. Also Love didn't go to the Cavs he got traded to the Cavs. Davis is the only guy I have seen who actually wanted to play with Lebron since Wade in Miami. I posted the article to show you how bad of Q score he had before he went back to the Cavs so you could see where I got the information from. You are proving again to be a simpleton.

4. Nice deflection great job. Well I will deflect to by saying why didn't Lebron speak out on racial issues in 2008 or any other NBA players speak out? We all know why that is because social media didn't take off until the the start of the 2010's and that's when it became in style to do it. Lebron didn't voice any opinions on racial issues until 2012 when the Trayvon Martin shooting happened.
    1. I see the "my league" there now, my bad. I own that, it was a mistake. I was referring to NBA players, basically. I can admit when I'm wrong, not the first or last time, tbh... that said, I still disagree that Lebron is anywhere below MJ at this point in time (with regards to those traits)... but again, I'm ok with people that feels he's number 2.

3. Please. There's no way Love goes to the Cavs if Lebron isn't there. He forced his way out (here's a piece from around that time if you need a refresher: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...g-an-nba-trade). The Wolves got a complete raw deal out of it too. And at that time Lebron (well, Rich Paul) was pretty much running the Cavs org, because there's no way Gilbert manages to make that deal. tbh, I even remember Harlem had a schtick here calling Lebron the GM. Don't forget that up to that point Love didn't make the playoffs with the Wolves, he was desperate to team up. I don't dispute your contention that Lebron had an image problem after the decision. I dispute that Nike made him go back to the Cavs. You took offense when I suggested he went to the Cavs when he could've gone to pretty much any team for more money and a bigger market, but he passed that opportunity to go to the Cavs. Nowhere in that piece you posted says Nike made him do anything.

4. What's the deflection? I'm simply pointing out that racial talk started to escalate back then. Sure, you want to take your own barometer and restrict to the '10? Ok... where was MJ? It took really hitting the proverbial fan in the past year to finally put one presser out. This is a guy black kids looked up to since the 90s. Frankly, it's shameful, IMVHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mentioned in one of your previous posts in this thread that you never voted for a democrat which would imply you voted republican granted you could have been a third party voter but I doubt it.
    Never voted for GOP or Dem... not claiming I never will, but hasn't happened yet. I got my citizenship ~12 years ago, and haven't really liked what parties have offered so far, tbh... not the kind of guy that likes to vote the 'lesser of two evils' either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFv9oZ4wtbU

8 reasons NBA players hate on James. [Most valid]

If you skip the ads and really not from the players perspective.
    Last edited by Rummpd; 09-26-2020 at 06:48 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is MVP of LAL - all team defense and NBA and leading scorer and was the reason turnaround much as I hate his quitting on Pelicans. He must be cringing with LBJ acting like he, who failed to make playoffs last year is the key!
    Actually the way things are going if they go on to win the championship Davis is positioning himself nicely to win the finals MVP. Which will be a complete nightmare for LeBron James. Everyone in the media will basically act as if the championship doesn’t even count for him. Michael Jordan Always winning the finals MVP will be said over and over again. So the Lakers may lose the finals because LeBron will feel the need to score a lot trying to get that finals MVP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually the way things are going if they go on to win the championship Davis is positioning himself nicely to win the finals MVP. Which will be a complete nightmare for LeBron James. Everyone in the media will basically act as if the championship doesn’t even count for him. Michael Jordan Always winning the finals MVP will be said over and over again. So the Lakers may lose the finals because LeBron will feel the need to score a lot trying to get that finals MVP.
    Agree 100%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What year? Was it when they were about to trade him for Kemp?
    97/98

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yea, that was at the end though. I do think he was sick of Jordan's sh** and then got wined and dined by Jordan.
    Pip was a bit of a dupe.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Was in the LA market for it. Watched Pau go in lower gears cos he was sick of the diva.
    how do you know that was the reason?

You think it's just happenstance that the back-to-back champs got swept?
    no. I think they lost to a better, more well coached team.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There's hating on a conference rival in a year when your team is insignificant. And there's pure delusion. That take is pure delusion. Lebron want the ring. He wants two because that's how many Kobe etc. had. If you honestly believe his rant about an MVP, regular season or playoff, is sincere you're more gullible than an NBA ref buying a Pat Beverly flop. That whole act, along with the "they're disrespecting The King" rant is designed to motivate Lebron. It's an old MJ tactic. Create a way to still hate the other team to motivate yourself. This Lebrons 17th year.

Hated? People hated Kobe, Shaq, Kareem, Bird, McHale, Isiah, Iverson, Jordan. Any great player in their prime torching your team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ndbutch;10274492]There's hating on a conference rival in a year when your team is insignificant. And there's pure delusion. That take is pure delusion. Lebron want the ring. He wants two because that's how many Kobe etc. had. If you honestly believe his rant about an MVP, regular season or playoff, is sincere you're more gullible than an NBA ref buying a Pat Beverly flop. That whole act, along with the "they're disrespecting The King" rant is designed to motivate Lebron. It's an old MJ tactic. Create a way to still hate the other team to motivate yourself. This Lebrons 17th year.

I have said repeatedly I do not hate LBJ - despise him even if respect his abilities

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donkey has his head all up LeCoward's arse.

https://sports.yahoo.com/draymond-gr...153818973.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Despise him but he lives well.....

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...210011376.html

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About an eight hundred percent markup for the location.

Gonna when he has to sell it for a huge loss cos Hollywood going to sh**.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol white people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of his post retirement Hollywood lifestyle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron rings and I will no longer be extremly annoyed with him being in the GOAT conversation. Still don't think he is goat, but winning les with 3 different teams is pretty impressive and helps people forget about 4-6.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron rings and I will no longer be extremly annoyed with him being in the GOAT conversation. Still don't think he is goat, but winning les with 3 different teams is pretty impressive and helps people forget about 4-6.
    I don't get how this is being spun in a positive way tbh... the guy seems to always jump ship to form the next superteam as soon as the going gets tough and now thats a good and admirable thing?
    Last edited by 140; 10-02-2020 at 09:18 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I don't get how this is being spun in a positive way tbh... the guy seems to always jump ship to form the next superteam as soon as the going gets tough and now thats a good and admirable thing?
    That part of it is somewhat negative, but it's merely a product of this run-from-the-grind era.

The reason I think it's impressive is because A.) It's really unprecedented...you just don't see many doing it, ever. And B.) It shows true leadership to be able to step into different situations and acheive success right away. Granted, the teams are top heavy like you point out, but as we saw with the Clippers, chemistry is a thing and it starts with the lead players and/or coaches.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LeBron James, the NBA’s biggest star, was widely criticized for calling Morey’s support for the protests “misinformed,” and “not educated about the situation.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...?ocid=msedgdhp

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    That part of it is somewhat negative, but it's merely a product of this run-from-the-grind era.

The reason I think it's impressive is because A.) It's really unprecedented...you just don't see many doing it, ever. And B.) It shows true leadership to be able to step into different situations and acheive success right away. Granted, the teams are top heavy like you point out, but as we saw with the Clippers, chemistry is a thing and it starts with the lead players and/or coaches.
    Right away?

LeBrat literally missed the playoffs last season. Besides, ‘11 happened & the Cavs didn’t play well in ‘15 (struggled against the Bulls even with a healthy Kyrie)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this thread. Most of the people calling LeBron a coward are supporting weaklings like Trump and the Republicans.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol this thread. Most of the people calling LeBron a coward are supporting weaklings like Trump and the Republicans.
    Hope LeBron wins tonight so he can get busy with black voter outreach. God bless LeBron for getting NBA arenas opened as voting sites in Milwaukee, Phily, Phoenix, Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Orlando, Charlotte, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. .

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Hope LeBron wins tonight so he can get busy with black voter outreach. God bless LeBron for getting NBA arenas opened as voting sites in Milwaukee, Phily, Phoenix, Detroit, Atlanta, Cleveland, Orlando, Charlotte, Houston, San Antonio, and Dallas. .
    Great news for Kayne's campaign

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    You support an ideology that kneels and washes the feet of others. Yet have the nerve to call others weak. Know your submissive role.

Thread Information