My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Not a bad start to the season, 2-0.

Lots of mistakes in each game, a bit of good fortune as well. Still, the offense looks so much better than last year. I am no fan of the runners, but they are entertaining. I am, however, a Converse Judson alum and fan. There are 4 players from JHS on the roster, most notably McCormick and Wisdom. If I am not mistaken, Harris is from Converse, though not JHS.

Keep recruiting Judson, along with the other 9 top 10 programs every year, and the on field success will show, and the local support will definitely grow.

Post Count
    Holding on to a lot of the top SA talent will go along way for UTSA.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, pluck some hidden gems from Dallas, Houston, Austin, and ither states known to have rich HS talent depth like Louisiana, Florida, Cali......

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who is the coach at UTSA?

Jeff Traylor. I thought he was a great hire for UTSA. Not a burned out or washed out, recycled college head coach. Years of success in Texas HS football and connections therin and some experience as assistant in major college programs.. I think he is the perfect kind of coach for a place like UTSA. I am not really a big fan of UTSA but of course happy to see area schools do well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jeff Traylor. I thought he was a great hire for UTSA. Not a burned out or washed out, recycled college head coach. Years of success in Texas HS football and connections therin and some experience as assistant in major college programs.. I think he is the perfect kind of coach for a place like UTSA. I am not really a big fan of UTSA but of course happy to see area schools do well.
    Agree, what you didn't list in your thoughts on recruiting areas is that Traylor's best and most influential area of recruitment is BEast Texas where he was a head coach. I'm sure he still has strong ties to the area. It's a great area to find under the radar athletes with lots of potential.

Agree, what you didn't list in your thoughts on recruiting areas is that Traylor's best and most influential area of recruitment is BEast Texas where he was a head coach. I'm sure he still has strong ties to the area. It's a great area to find under the radar athletes with lots of potential.
    Absolutely correct. Getting someone like Traylor who can beat the bushes with his high school connections especially in East Texas could be a coup for UTSA. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but personally I thought he should have been retained at UT.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Every time Texas changes coaches, there is always 2 or 3 assistants I want them to keep, Traylor was one of them. Heck right now I like Tom's assistants more than I like Tom. For the first time ever, Texas has a OC who is not afraid to put his foot on the throat of the opponents and keep it there the whole game. Well, that is my impression of the first game, hope it holds up.

If our offense is as good as I think it will be, don't be surprised if Okie lite gets rid of mullet boy and goes after our OC. Don't think it will happen this year but it is going to eventually happen.

Post Count
    Jeff Traylor. I thought he was a great hire for UTSA. Not a burned out or washed out, recycled college head coach. Years of success in Texas HS football and connections therin and some experience as assistant in major college programs.. I think he is the perfect kind of coach for a place like UTSA.
    Yeah, I agree with that. This guy seems fresh and has a great background for a head coach in Texas.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Weak schedule, tbf. Could easily go 0-4 the next four games as the compe ion ramps up.

Still, its nice to not be the worst offense in FBS. Liking the up tempo offense after enduring Wilson's ground and pound bull for years. I think Traylor will build something here.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    another injury for harris. got to feel bad for the kid. he's just very injury prone, even going back to when he was at clemens.

Post Count
    another injury for harris. got to feel bad for the kid. he's just very injury prone, even going back to when he was at clemens.
    True, but he is a game time decision for the next game, so maybe this latest injury isn't too bad.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    True, but he is a game time decision for the next game, so maybe this latest injury isn't too bad.
    hope so. it'd be great if he could catch a break for once.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Weak schedule, tbf. Could easily go 0-4 the next four games as the compe ion ramps up.

Still, its nice to not be the worst offense in FBS. Liking the up tempo offense after enduring Wilson's ground and pound bull for years. I think Traylor will build something here.
    bruh just enjoy it or would u rather be 0-3 right now...........jeff traylor will not be at utsa long he is a legit coach he was legit at gilmer he was legit at texas he was legit at arkansas he is one of the best recruiters in the nation power5 schools r going to come knocking at his door end of season

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    bruh just enjoy it or would u rather be 0-3 right now...........jeff traylor will not be at utsa long he is a legit coach he was legit at gilmer he was legit at texas he was legit at arkansas he is one of the best recruiters in the nation power5 schools r going to come knocking at his door end of season
    Pump tha brakes a bit there............other schools will come knockin Im sure, but it wont be at the end of this year. Traylor needs to get his feet a bit wetter as a head coach. I give it 3 years, then he will be highly sought after. IMHO

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pump tha brakes a bit there............other schools will come knockin Im sure, but it wont be at the end of this year. Traylor needs to get his feet a bit wetter as a head coach. I give it 3 years, then he will be highly sought after. IMHO
    Lol, PB is a lot like me, he gets carried away. I like Traylor and I think everything PB said is correct, but no one is going to come knocking at the end of this season, maybe in 3 or 4 years when he has a resume of real success. When UTSA hired their last coach, I thought for sure he would end up moving up to bigger and better things, but he never got over the hump. I do think Traylor is a lot better than Wilson but only time will tell.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    looks like playblair was right..........big brother texas is now said to be pursuing jeff traylor

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    looks like playblair was right..........big brother texas is now said to be pursuing jeff traylor

No he wasn't right. Fans on Orangebloods saying the Horns should go after Traylor is not the same as the AD actively pursuing Traylor. Like I stated, in the next few years if he continues his upward progress they may seek him out.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Proud of the boys effort against a Top 20 team without Traylor. Its amazing what a difference quality coaching makes. Wilson was a re .

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Proud of the boys effort against a Top 20 team without Traylor. Its amazing what a difference quality coaching makes. Wilson was a re .
    Could not agree more. Wilson had the most predictable offense in the world. Run, run, third and long pass, punt. Every damn time. Now our offense is wide open, you dont know if we are running, passing or what on any down. Its great to have Traylor as our head coach. A breath of fresh air.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I loved Traylor when he was at Texas, but he is no more ready for a job like Texas than Herman was. Traylor being a Texas high school coach has the respect of all the coaches in the state, and he is by far much more mature than Herman is, but he still needs time and maybe a higher level school before he is ready to take on the beast that is Longhorn football. However, if I was Tech, I'd look very hard at him.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I loved Traylor when he was at Texas, but he is no more ready for a job like Texas than Herman was. Traylor being a Texas high school coach has the respect of all the coaches in the state, and he is by far much more mature than Herman is, but he still needs time and maybe a higher level school before he is ready to take on the beast that is Longhorn football. However, if I was Tech, I'd look very hard at him.
    What about the other coaches with high profile experience that failed at UT. Basically you are saying they need an Urban Meyer type hire then?

Im good with Traylor not being attractive with UT at this point. I think he is a great coach for UTSA.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What about the other coaches with high profile experience that failed at UT. Basically you are saying they need an Urban Meyer type hire then?

Im good with Traylor not being attractive with UT at this point. I think he is a great coach for UTSA.
    It's not that he couldn't do the job, there are probably many coaches that can coach at Texas if it was all about football. But we all know that coaching at Texas is beyond just football. Right now, at this moment, Texas football needs someone that comes in with skins on the wall nothing else is going to gain the respect of Boosters, Administration and recruits. Not even an accomplished coach like Brian Kelly is a sure thing at this point.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    It's not that he couldn't do the job, there are probably many coaches that can coach at Texas if it was all about football. But we all know that coaching at Texas is beyond just football. Right now, at this moment, Texas football needs someone that comes in with skins on the wall nothing else is going to gain the respect of Boosters, Administration and recruits. Not even an accomplished coach like Brian Kelly is a sure thing at this point.
    Understood............

Thread Information