Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The one and only silver lining if the Lakers win this year is that next time Laker fans brings up an asterixis about the Spurs '99 championship, we can talk about 2020 pretty much being an asterixis season too.

But still, now that the Clippers are dead, anyone but the Lakers. Even the Celtics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this year's le an asterisk? This year's le is harder to win due to being in isolated environment with no home court advantage which is huge in the playoffs. Lakers worked hard to get the #1 seed all year long and it got taken away from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is this year's le an asterisk? This year's le is harder to win due to being in isolated environment with no home court advantage which is huge in the playoffs. Lakers worked hard to get the #1 seed all year long and it got taken away from them.
    Less than a full season, all teams not in full shape, all the same BS reasons given to supposedly asterixis the 99 le. I don't think either le should have an asterixis, but if you're gonna give it to one based on those reasons, you should give it to the other.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go LeBron. LDN too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe in the asterisk. Every team had the same hurdles and inconveniences.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Line bandwaggoning back of Laker Phans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cursed image.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think 99 is an asterisk and this season either. LA basically had home court taken away from them. le means just as much imho. Especially when a lot of these guys can't even see most of their families or anything in between

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was it is a counter argument to the Lafans and their asterixis talk. I don't believe in asterixis anyway.

One thing the bubble is an advantage for is older players (like LeBron). The three month break and the no-travel playoffs are easier on their bodies. Along those lines, if a D'Antoni team was ever going to win, this would have been the year. Usually his short rotation and high tempos have his players ground down by the playoffs. The fact that they lost (easily) this year after a huge break and no travel shows they likely never will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I'd consider this the first championship since '16 that didn't have an asterisk. An asterisk isn't unusual yet equal cir stances for all, an asterisk is unusual, controllable cir stances that benefitted one particular team.

You know, like the consensus second best player in the league joining the consensus best team in the league because of an unprecedented cap e and the best player on said team being paid way under market value due to earlier career injuries.

Or, I don't know, a top five player intentionally destroying his value and being dealt along with an impact role player for way under market value to a top five team and the best team in the league being decimated by injury in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People (fans) seem to be REALLY affected by the wins and losses/ outcome in each of these playoff games which makes it hard to believe this is an asterisk season.

If it was an asterisk season, people wouldn't give a .

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Asterixis is the tremor you get from having a damaged liver.

But good point lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t even consider this a lakers le to be honest, more like lebrons le and just the team he’s using. They’re the Los Angeles Lebrons tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    * championship

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *2002 is an asterisk no and, if or buts about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t care who as long as it’s not GSW tbh. Could not stomach another post season of their moving screens, going to the line from ‘in the gather’ layups from mid crt lol. Refs being screamed at w/o techs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you for real? this will be the asterisk of all asterisks 'till the end of times.

And no, it isn't harder for the best teams to win on this environment. It's easier for the underdog to steal one game away and then ride a hard Home court advantage (like the one Denver would have, for example) to win a series, than it is to win 4 out of 7 on neutral ground.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Don’t care who as long as it’s not GSW tbh. Could not stomach another post season of their moving screens, going to the line from ‘in the gather’ layups from mid crt lol. Refs being screamed at w/o techs.
    Yeah but they are also the reason why LeBron's Los Angeles Lakers might be winning a championship if they beat Denver. They had injuries and didn't make the postseason. If they were playing in the bubble it would have been more challenging so I miss them not being there. I can't stand the moving screens, whining, BS foul calls either. The road is easier for Lakers though without them. Actually they are a nightmare matchup for the Lakers because Lakers play well defensively but struggle defending the 3. It seems though everything is coming together for LeBron's LA Lakers, AD bailed him out tonight with that 3. Denver has fight though and I would not be surprised if they win the next two games especially after that AD shot. It will make them more motivated to beat Lakers.

I don’t even consider this a lakers le to be honest, more like lebrons le and just the team he’s using. They’re the Los Angeles Lebrons tbh
    Exactly, this is a bought team all the way. They traded away all the drafted players for Anthony Davis to please LeBron. They will be back in the lottery soon because if AD leaves or LeBron retires it will get messy.

Kobe championships had purple and gold glory all over it. If Lakers ring this is all about LeBron's ego.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah but they are also the reason why LeBron's Los Angeles Lakers might be winning a championship if they beat Denver. They had injuries and didn't make the postseason. If they were playing in the bubble it would have been more challenging so I miss them not being there. I can't stand the moving screens, whining, BS foul calls either. The road is easier for Lakers though without them. Actually they are a nightmare matchup for the Lakers because Lakers play well defensively but struggle defending the 3. It seems though everything is coming together for LeBron's LA Lakers, AD bailed him out tonight with that 3. Denver has fight though and I would not be surprised if they win the next two games especially after that AD shot. It will make them more motivated to beat Lakers.

Exactly, this is a bought team all the way. They traded away all the drafted players for Anthony Davis to please LeBron. They will be back in the lottery soon because if AD leaves or LeBron retires it will get messy.

Kobe championships had purple and gold glory all over it. If Lakers ring this is all about LeBron's ego.
    Jokic seems like he's figured them out. Dwight was the guy who frustrated him the first game and in the first half of this game was having the same effect. Then he got it together and started scoring on Dwight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The silver lining would be that LA becomes more attractive as trade asset for Miami and Boston. LA has had a lot of success against Unibrow over the years and could be considered a player that could put them over the top.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the big silver lining has already emerged from the darkened skies. Kawhat?

I'm hoping the Kind Buds will win their 'home' games and make this a series in row WCF. AD's shot today was sick, .....but horribly defended. 'Plumlee, in the last second of a one point game...actually run after the guy that that just scored all the points for the other team in the last several minutes. Yes chase after him!!'

Now that I don't have a dog in the hunt, I'm enjoying watching the games and not pacing around on the lawn like a crazy person.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is no silver lining to any Lakers win, ever, in the history of the known universe. Plumlee btw, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest joke about this is, that the Lakers were a complete joke. A joke of a GM. Traded all their lottery picks. Constant losing seasons. Dreadful contract. Fired coaches after another. It was great. Then the best player in the league is like, 'I want to go there.'

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My point was it is a counter argument to the Lafans and their asterixis talk.

The problem back in 99 was that it was the first and only championship for the Spurs. So when the Lakers talked asterisk, a bunch of SA fans got defensive. Notice that Charlotte or NO fans didn't talk that smack openly.

Sort of reminds me of that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean:
    "You're the worst pirate I've ever heard of."
    "But you HAVE heard of me."

This could be the worst Championship ever, but the Lakers will still have the LOB. If the Spurs had been good enough to win it all this year, I would have laughed at the asterisk talk. Lakers fans will, too.

Thread Information