Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking bigs didn't matter anymore or that they couldn't have the same impact as a perimeter player. Must be killing all these arrogant, groupthink nerds who think they're "progressive".

Davis has quietly been the best player in the playoffs, is in the midst of a historic run, has emerged as the Lakers best ISO scorer and along with Jokic obliterated this narrative.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thinking bigs didn't matter anymore or that they couldn't have the same impact as a perimeter player. Must be killing all these arrogant, groupthink nerds who think they're "progressive".

Davis has quietly been the best player in the playoffs, is in the midst of a historic run, has emerged as the Lakers best ISO scorer and along with Jokic obliterated this narrative.
    If Golden State was healthy and Durant didn't leave, the Lakers would be sucking hind teat. This is a scrimmage year, don't pretend it says anything about the math of 50% more points for the 3.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bbbbbbut three pointers!!!

Dumb s didn't realize that pull-up 3s against regular season traffic cone defense wouldn't drop at the same rate against playoff defenses

Also... Sixers having the most physically dominant and talented low post big in the league and still jacking up outside shots

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost forget, S bag, his agenda driven ass kissers in the media and anyone spouting results without context.

What's Davis ever done was the question when it should have been what's he ever had the opportunity to do? He hasn't lived the affluent existence S bag has. Meanwhile, he gets one shot, with a team not as good as the previous two S bag was on nor as talented as the third and he's already on the verge of a le.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    We’re not talking about Rudy Gobert or Enes Kanter tho.

Davis and Jokic epitomize the evolution of the big man and at the same time the de-emphasis of traditional big man importance. Davis getting all this attention because he hit a three point game winner. Meanwhile, people criticized him for struggling to score on back to the back post-ups against a 6’5 PJ Tucker. And Jokic is functioning as a 7 foot point guard and often leading his team in assists.

Bigs always matter, because rebounding, interior defense, and easy scoring opportunities at or near the basket can still heavily impact the game. But now, a big has to do more than just those things to stand out and elevate himself to star status. We’re not watching DeAndre Jordan or Andre Drummond make this impact. Davis and Jokic actually show why the big man has changed in today’s game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bbbbbbut three pointers!!!

Dumb s didn't realize that pull-up 3s against regular season traffic cone defense wouldn't drop at the same rate against playoff defenses

Also... Sixers having the most physically dominant and talented low post big in the league and still jacking up outside shots
    Didn't Davis win the game last night with a three pointer?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't Davis win the game last night with a three pointer?
    Davis is a swiss army knife. He can do just about anything on the basketball court, including making a great read to get open and knock down a shot, but the play before that to give them the lead was a floater in the paint.

The point is that way more often than not, in the playoffs you need an inside/at the basket option for when outside shots don't fall.

Teams that rely on jump shooting as their primary offense don't work in the playoffs. The one exception in history has been the Warriors... and even the Warriors had guys who could get to the basket, and they would regularly run misdirection plays for layups.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Golden State was healthy and Durant didn't leave, the Lakers would be sucking hind teat. This is a scrimmage year, don't pretend it says anything about the math of 50% more points for the 3.
    Pretty much.

Cept AD is over-rated and Lebron is old. Put a real big line with enough three shooting and that's a recipe to crush.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pretty much.

Cept AD is over-rated and Lebron is old. Put a real big line with enough three shooting and that's a recipe to crush.
    Lmao. You miss GS huh ? Everyone knows a healthy GS team would be lethal.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmao. You miss GS huh ? Everyone knows a healthy GS team would be lethal.
    Don't miss those betas at all. Just agreeing that these Lakers couldn't even hold their water.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Don't miss those betas at all. Just agreeing that these Lakers couldn't even hold their water.
    No comment from me . Those ers would be lethal with these shootouts happening in the bubble

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    what a profound post, considering that GS team is arguably the greatest NBA team ever assembled. never thought of that before.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what a profound post, considering that GS team is arguably the greatest NBA team ever assembled. never thought of that before.
    They're not, Slob. Get a hold of yourself.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    They're not, Slob. Get a hold of yourself.
    three championships in 4 years, most wins in a 4 year stretch and the most dominant postseason run of all time. yeah, they have an argument.

lol thinking I'm mono

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    three championships in 4 years, most wins in a 4 year stretch and the most dominant postseason run of all time. yeah, they have an argument.
    No, they don't. They were simply ahead of the curve on the soft rule changes / three shooting. 90's Bulls or 80's Celtics would rip them limb from limb.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    No, they don't. They were simply ahead of the curve on the soft rule changes / three shooting. 90's Bulls or 80's Celtics would rip them limb from limb.
    lol conjecture

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like GSW, but when healthy those ers are almost impissible to defend (getting away with illegal screens doesn't hurt either)

The main reason they haven't won every Finals has been Curry choking

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol conjecture
    Poor slob doesn't know what conjecture means.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like GSW, but when healthy those ers are almost impissible to defend (getting away with illegal screens doesn't hurt either)

The main reason they haven't won every Finals has been Curry choking
    But they needed Durant to stack the deck, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Poor slob doesn't know what conjecture means.
    lol thinking im mono

lol rent free

90's Bulls or 80's Celtics would rip them limb from limb.
    prove this then.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol thinking im mono

lol rent free

prove this then.
    I take it back. I didn't realize you were using the term quite so rigidly.
    If I had said your park n' rec team wouldn't have beat the Celts/Bulls, you would've cried conjecture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But they needed Durant to stack the deck, tbh.
    Yeah that weak move tbh

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I take it back. I didn't realize you were using the term quite so rigidly.
    If I had said your park n' rec team wouldn't have beat the Celts/Bulls, you would've cried conjecture.
    lol still no proof

lol deflecting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At USA basketball buying the propaganda of the NBA and its broadcast partners who have tried their hardest to brainwash the masses by diminishing the importance of and downplaying the significance of bigs.

This was always the end game or antidote to "small ball". Once they inevitably adjusted to this era, they regained control of the league in addition to best on best international compe ion.

Thread Information