Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    article too long to cut and paste

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...0#.UHVrrE3R58E

Though some administration officials had initially said that the attack grew out of protests over an anti-Muslim film, the senior State Department official told reporters today that "nothing was out of the ordinary" on the night of the attack.

At 8:30 p.m., the ambassador said goodnight to a visiting Turkish diplomat outside the compound and the streets were empty. But at 9:40 p.m., noises, gunfire and an explosion were heard by the agents located in the TOC and Building B.

The agent in the TOC looked at one of the camera feeds monitoring the perimeter and saw a large group of armed men entering the compound. Asked about the initial reports of the protests, the official said that while "others" in the administration may have said there were protests, the State Department did not.

"That was not our conclusion," the official said. "I'm not saying that we had a conclusion."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much proves the White House was lying their ass off intentionally spinning it as a riot over a movie gone bad.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if you think that's bad, Gecko and his neocons have great WAR plans for the planet

1. The First War: Return to Iraq

“In Iraq, the costly gains made by our troops are being eroded by rising violence, a resurgent Al-Qaeda, the weakening of democracy in Baghdad, and the rising influence of Iran. And yet, America’s ability to influence events for the better in Iraq has been undermined by the abrupt withdrawal of our entire troop presence. The President tried—and failed—to secure a responsible and gradual drawdown that would have better secured our gains.”

2. War number 2: Syria

“The President has failed to lead in Syria, where more than 30,000 men, women, and children have been massacred by the Assad regime over the past 20 months. Violent extremists are flowing into the fight. Our ally Turkey has been attacked. And the conflict threatens stability in the region.”
    “we are missing an historic opportunity to win new friends who share our values in the Middle East—friends who are fighting for their own futures against the very same violent extremists, and evil tyrants, and angry mobs who seek to harm us. Unfortunately, so many of these people who could be our friends feel that our President is indifferent to their quest for freedom and dignity. As one Syrian woman put it, “We will not forget that you forgot about us.” It is time to change course in the Middle East . . . “
    “In Syria, I will work with our partners to identify and organize those members of the opposition who share our values and ensure they obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad’s tanks, helicopters, and fighter jets.”

3. The Third War is with Iran

“I will put the leaders of Iran on notice that the United States and our friends and allies will prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons capability. I will not hesitate to impose new sanctions on Iran, and will tighten the sanctions we currently have. I will restore the permanent presence of aircraft carrier task forces in both the Eastern Mediterranean and the Gulf region—and work with Israel to increase our military assistance and coordination.For the sake of peace, we must make clear to Iran through actions—not just words—that their nuclear pursuit will not be tolerated. I will reaffirm our historic ties to Israel and our abiding commitment to its security—the world must never see any daylight between our two nations. I will deepen our critical cooperation with our partners in the Gulf. “

4. The fourth war is in Afghanistan.
    “President Obama would have you believe that anyone who disagrees with his decisions in Afghanistan is arguing for endless war. But the route to more war – and to potential attacks here at home – is a politically timed retreat that abandons the Afghan people to the same extremists who ravaged their country and used it to launch the attacks of 9/11.
    I will evaluate conditions on the ground and weigh the best advice of our military commanders. And I will affirm that my duty is not to my political prospects, but to the security of the nation. ”
    5. The small wars: Intervention in Yemen, Somalia, perhaps even Libya in a ‘war on terror.’

http://www.juancole.com/2012/10/romneys-five-wars.html

Gecko/Ryan war-marking will make dubya/ head look like Boy Scouts (and they certainly won't stop CIA drones or Petraeus/SOCOM murders or the US domestic police state). And of course, none of Gecko's five sons will sign up, although, like the father, "they really want to".

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol deflection

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB

House Repugs cut $500M from embassy security, the Senate cut it back to $300M.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    if you think that's bad, Gecko and his neocons have great WAR plans for the planet

1. The First War: Return to Iraq

“In Iraq, the costly gains made by our troops are being eroded by rising violence, a resurgent Al-Qaeda, the weakening of democracy in Baghdad, and the rising influence of Iran. And yet, America’s ability to influence events for the better in Iraq has been undermined by the abrupt withdrawal of our entire troop presence. The President tried—and failed—to secure a responsible and gradual drawdown that would have better secured our gains.”

2. War number 2: Syria

“The President has failed to lead in Syria, where more than 30,000 men, women, and children have been massacred by the Assad regime over the past 20 months. Violent extremists are flowing into the fight. Our ally Turkey has been attacked. And the conflict threatens stability in the region.”
    “we are missing an historic opportunity to win new friends who share our values in the Middle East—friends who are fighting for their own futures against the very same violent extremists, and evil tyrants, and angry mobs who seek to harm us. Unfortunately, so many of these people who could be our friends feel that our President is indifferent to their quest for freedom and dignity. As one Syrian woman put it, “We will not forget that you forgot about us.” It is time to change course in the Middle East . . . “
    “In Syria, I will work with our partners to identify and organize those members of the opposition who share our values and ensure they obtain the arms they need to defeat Assad’s tanks, helicopters, and fighter jets.”

3. The Third War is with Iran

“I will put the leaders of Iran on notice that the United States and our friends and allies will prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons capability. I will not hesitate to impose new sanctions on Iran, and will tighten the sanctions we currently have. I will restore the permanent presence of aircraft carrier task forces in both the Eastern Mediterranean and the Gulf region—and work with Israel to increase our military assistance and coordination.For the sake of peace, we must make clear to Iran through actions—not just words—that their nuclear pursuit will not be tolerated. I will reaffirm our historic ties to Israel and our abiding commitment to its security—the world must never see any daylight between our two nations. I will deepen our critical cooperation with our partners in the Gulf. “

4. The fourth war is in Afghanistan.
    “President Obama would have you believe that anyone who disagrees with his decisions in Afghanistan is arguing for endless war. But the route to more war – and to potential attacks here at home – is a politically timed retreat that abandons the Afghan people to the same extremists who ravaged their country and used it to launch the attacks of 9/11.
    I will evaluate conditions on the ground and weigh the best advice of our military commanders. And I will affirm that my duty is not to my political prospects, but to the security of the nation. ”
    5. The small wars: Intervention in Yemen, Somalia, perhaps even Libya in a ‘war on terror.’

http://www.juancole.com/2012/10/romneys-five-wars.html

Gecko/Ryan war-marking will make dubya/ head look like Boy Scouts (and they certainly won't stop CIA drones or Petraeus/SOCOM murders or the US domestic police state). And of course, none of Gecko's five sons will sign up, although, like the father, "they really want to".

You sure have become a lot like the very people you claim to hate.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    TB

And that obviously makes the lies ok in your book?

Again, you are just like DC politicians, all you want to do is play politics.....LOL

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Our brother Boutons is passionate about his team. God bless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most transparent administration ever.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    TB

You forgot the slapping the last time you used this line? Not surprising.

They have a 20 billion dollar budget, idiot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TB

Another Boutox lie. They cut 300 million from a 20 billion budget. After that it was the State department that budgeted for security. Saying "they could have spent that 300 million to protect the ambassador" to try to shift blame to Republicans is total bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot the slapping the last time you used this line? Not surprising.

They have a 20 billion dollar budget, idiot.
    In Boutox's defense, Nancy Pelositox made the same claim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much proves the White House was lying their ass off intentionally spinning it as a riot over a movie gone bad.
    Meh. Go stand in the corner with the 9-11 nutters until you have proof of that conspiracy theory being more probable than a complex fast moving event that involved a lot of people with bits and pieces of information.

You are beginning to sound like the 9-11 nutters who start jabbering about "coincidences", and then get to "you know they did it".

If this really is a up, that will become clear soon enough.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Meh. Go stand in the corner with the 9-11 nutters until you have proof of that conspiracy theory being more probable than a complex fast moving event that involved a lot of people with bits and pieces of information.

You are beginning to sound like the 9-11 nutters who start jabbering about "coincidences", and then get to "you know they did it".

abc news is in with the 9-11 nutters? Interesting.

I guess the bot's notion that the Republicans enabled this event is ok with you.

Whatever, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    abc news is in with the 9-11 nutters? Interesting.
    Read the article, and see if you can find where it flat out says the Obama administration deliberately lied. I'll wait.

Or just maybe, I was referring to CC's partisan (surprise!) interpretation of the information presented to him.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Read the article, and see if you can find where it flat out says the Obama administration deliberately lied. I'll wait.

Or just maybe, I was referring to CC's partisan (surprise!) interpretation of the information presented to him.
    That the report is in stark contrast to the official line has meaning. Pardon me if I don't patiently wait for a mea culpa from the most transparent administration in the universe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I would say you are above this petty name calling, but then again...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the report is in stark contrast to the official line has meaning. Pardon me if I don't patiently wait for a mea culpa from the most transparent administration in the universe.
    You will pardon me for being skeptical of an obviously partisan interpretation of the facts, without having a bit more solid proof. Your claim, your burden of proof.

I would be more than happy to ding those responsible, given sufficient evidence, if warranted.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You will pardon me for being skeptical of an obviously partisan interpretation of the facts, without having a bit more solid proof. Your claim, your burden of proof.

I would be more than happy to ding those responsible, given sufficient evidence, if warranted.
    I'm not drawing conclusions at this point. I'm also not dismissing them out of hand.

You don't know what you don't know.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And lo ingl @ abc interpreting partisan facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not drawing conclusions at this point. I'm also not dismissing them out of hand.

You don't know what you don't know.

There is a vast difference between being skeptical of a vitriolic partisan's interpretation of what he reads saying "I would prefer more proof", and outright dismissal. I hope you don't think that is what I am doing.

To be clear:

I think there is enough evidence at this point to reasonably conclude more could have been done, but wasn't. I also would expect that any administration would actively try to spin events for damage control.

What I don't see is anyone with enough proof to conclusively say there was some deliberate effort to cover up or actively lie about known facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lo ingl @ abc interpreting partisan facts.
    Meh. Go stand in the corner with him and Cosmored.

I would normally expect better of you, but if you want to roll with this conspiracy theory, that is your choice, I guess.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Meh. Go stand in the corner with him and Cosmored.

I would normally expect better of you, but if you want to roll with this conspiracy theory, that is your choice, I guess.
    Cowboy the up. I'm not rolling with anything yet, slick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ RG comparing this spin/coverup to 9/11 troofer nuttery. Fail.

keep asking questions George Gervin's Afro's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it's true that the administration received an initial assessment that was not true or incorrect.. then how could they have knowlingly lied?

Thread Information