Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Carr isn't top 10. He's had 1 legitimate season of top 10 play, and we are in his 7th season. He's playing about as well as he did last year. Efficient, accurate, keeps the offense on schedule, keeps them out of 3rd and long, and has been accurate on 3rd downs... but he doesn't generate enough chunk plays to be explosive. I don't get why people are so enamored with his first2 games of this year as if it's any different from what we saw last year.

The criticism of Carr is that he's really turned himself into a stereotypical "system" QB, in that even on his check-downs, he's more often than not technically making the right read and right decision, but he doesn't take those chances that the great QBs do. He doesn't make those big plays when things break down. He doesn't ramp up the aggressiveness enough when the team is in a hole. He always follows exactly what the progression is, sometimes to a fault.

The next level for him is to start having at least 1-2 chunk plays to Ruggs per game.

He's better than Minshew though
    No doubt. Win or lose, Carr is in a dangerous place in his career, and it all hinges on this year. Hes right in the middle between a game manager with little flashes of his old self at Fresno State being a gunslinger. He comes from a pass heavy background, but he seemed afraid to make mistakes over the year. He has had a good start, and a win against the Patriots would mean everything.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    No doubt. Win or lose, Carr is in a dangerous place in his career, and it all hinges on this year. Hes right in the middle between a game manager with little flashes of his old self at Fresno State being a gunslinger. He comes from a pass heavy background, but he seemed afraid to make mistakes over the year. He has had a good start, and a win against the Patriots would mean everything.
    i dont buy that his seat is as hot as people think. the raiders have had 5 first round picks in the last 2 years, all under Gruden's time... they did pay mariota a lot to be a backup, but he's not a realistic replacement option.

if carr does end up having a faceplant season, nothing is off the table, but there would have to be a legitimate replacement option. they're not going to dump him just for the sake of dumping him. i dont think the raiders will be bad enough to land lawrence/field/lance. but faceplant season means faceplant. if he completes 70% of his passes, throws for 4000+ yards, ~25 TDs, they're not moving away

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dont buy that his seat is as hot as people think. the raiders have had 5 first round picks in the last 2 years, all under Gruden's time... they did pay mariota a lot to be a backup, but he's not a realistic replacement option. if carr does end up having a faceplant season, nothing is off the table, but there would have to be a legitimate replacement option. they're not going to dump him just for the sake of dumping him. i dont think the raiders will be bad enough to land lawrence/field/lance. but faceplant season means faceplant. if he completes 70% of his passes, throws for 4000+ yards, ~25 TDs, they're not moving away
    plus it's already hard to have a "faceplant season" when you're 2-0 and already beat one of the league's best teams... (yeah I know it happened to Houston in 2013, but that was an absurd extreme outlier and really spurred by Matt Schaub's late game losing pick-six to Richard Sherman and Seattle when Houston was staring 3-1 in the face.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    plus it's already hard to have a "faceplant season" when you're 2-0 and already beat one of the league's best teams... (yeah I know it happened to Houston in 2013, but that was an absurd extreme outlier and really spurred by Matt Schaub's late game losing pick-six to Richard Sherman and Seattle when Houston was staring 3-1 in the face.
    way too early to make any kind of determination like that. a ton of football to be played.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    way too early to make any kind of determination like that. a ton of football to be played.
    As you know, 2-0 means absolutely nothing. So many terrible Carolina teams started out 2-0

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    i dont buy that his seat is as hot as people think. the raiders have had 5 first round picks in the last 2 years, all under Gruden's time... they did pay mariota a lot to be a backup, but he's not a realistic replacement option.

if carr does end up having a faceplant season, nothing is off the table, but there would have to be a legitimate replacement option. they're not going to dump him just for the sake of dumping him. i dont think the raiders will be bad enough to land lawrence/field/lance. but faceplant season means faceplant. if he completes 70% of his passes, throws for 4000+ yards, ~25 TDs, they're not moving away
    I just dont think Gruden is behind him, which is big no matter the skill level. If he pushes those numbers he deserves to start. Think he can do it?

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    1) Mahomes / Wilson

3) Jackson

4) Rodgers
    5) Watson
    6) Murray
    7) Allen
    8) Roethlisberger
    9) Ryan
    10) Dak

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I just dont think Gruden is behind him, which is big no matter the skill level. If he pushes those numbers he deserves to start. Think he can do it?
    people were calling last season a bad season for Carr and he threw for over 4000, 70%, and 21 TDs (23 with rushing).

in 2 games this year he's completing over 72%, on pace for over 4100, and 32 TDs.

gruden also loves having veteran QBs who can understand his system/terminology well. he doesnt have much of a track record with young QBs. he had his best years with Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, Jeff Garcia

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Youre right. He should be placed up here. But he has to do it longer to hit top 15. Id put him abovr Carr and behind Ryan. He has to win. Ryan puts up a numbers every year.
    minshew has a better starting record than murray lol. 7-7 to kylers 7-10-1

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I like that guy's videos but despite all the wordiness and analysis, he's only right about 50-60% of the time.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/gardner-min...212200207.html

Minshew has all day to dink and dunk back there. Never had to throw on the run. Nice job but nothing special.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I like that guy's videos but despite all the wordiness and analysis, he's only right about 50-60% of the time.
    Right now, you're sitting at 6 and 7 for the week with your wordiness and analysis.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Right now, you're sitting at 6 and 7 for the week with your wordiness and analysis.
    Chiefs and Falcons win tonight and I'm above .500. If the Falcons in particular lose (Green Gay needs to get knocked off their high horse ASAP, because Cool Russ and the Seahawks >>> Smugface Rodgers) I'll probably take a week off spurstalk sports, being reduced to a meteorologist and political analyst.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Chiefs and Falcons win tonight and I'm above .500. If the Falcons in particular lose (Green Gay needs to get knocked off their high horse ASAP, because Cool Russ and the Seahawks >>> Smugface Rodgers) I'll probably take a week off spurstalk sports, being reduced to a meteorologist and political analyst.
    I dont know where you got those numbers, I count you at 4-9

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I guess we learned Stidham is still mediocre.

I wonder if NE wishes they could have a do over with Tommy

Thread Information