My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

According to Shams Charania of The Athletic, Clippers players were confused by head coach Doc Rivers’ plans during the series.

“Several players had underwhelming postseason performances,” Charania wrote. “Head coach Doc Rivers had several strategic decisions that left players scratching their heads, such as the decision not to ride a bigger lineup against Nikola Jokic, choosing rotations that did not prioritize more minutes for JaMychal Green and various defensive adjustments. The team also never came together in terms of chemistry or camaraderie inside the bubble. These are all things Rivers and the Clippers will sift through for the entire offseason and into an unknown start date to next season.”
    https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/los-a...sions-nuggets/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could but I don't know what's his endgame now. He's pretty much stuck with the Clippers. If anything the Clippers have the leverage. Uncle Dennis wanted Kawhi in LA for endorsements. Where else can Kawhi go if he wants to be in LA besides going to the Lakers. Clippers should tell Uncle Dennis to off. He really doesn't have leverage in this situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could but I don't know what's his endgame now. He's pretty much stuck with the Clippers. If anything the Clippers have the leverage. Uncle Dennis wanted Kawhi in LA for endorsements. Where else can Kawhi go if he wants to be in LA besides going to the Lakers. Clippers should tell Uncle Dennis to off. He really doesn't have leverage in this situation.
    You're completely way off. Kawhi and Uncle Dennis have all the leverage here. They have as much power as Lebron had in Cleveland. Steve Ballmer and The Clippers are scared to death of Kawhi joining the Lakers. If the Clippers organization even remotely pisses him off, he's heading over to the Lakers and the Clippers will go back to being irrelevant forever. They gave away their future in the Paul George trade so if Kawhi leaves they will have nothing....except for Pandemic P

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're completely way off. Kawhi and Uncle Dennis have all the leverage here. They have as much power as Lebron had in Cleveland. Steve Ballmer and The Clippers are scared to death of Kawhi joining the Lakers. If the Clippers organization even remotely pisses him off, he's heading over to the Lakers and the Clippers will go back to being irrelevant forever. They gave away their future in the Paul George trade so if Kawhi leaves they will have nothing....except for Pandemic P
    There is a small chance he'll go to the Lakers as long as Lebron is there. If Lebron is retired than I see him bolting to the Lakers. Uncle Dennis does not want Kawhi to share the spot light with Lebron and that's why Kawhi joined the Clippers instead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If anything the Clippers should call out his bluff. There is only two markets Uncle Dennis likes which is NYC and LA. Where is Kawhi going to go the Knicks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will be hurt if the clippers call him out. Not emotionally, but medically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't need Unle Dennis to make PG the scapegoat TBH

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami. Pretty much any big market. But if he forces a trade again he's going to get a diva reputation. No propaganda campaign gonna save him this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New York, Boston, Chicago, Miami. Pretty much any big market. But if he forces a trade again he's going to get a diva reputation. No propaganda campaign gonna save him this time.
    Would he really need to force a trade? He's a FA next year.

I've got a question for the CBA savants. Uncle Dennis will be eligible for the 10yr vet contract next year. What is the max money he can get if he were to re-sign with the Clips vs the max he'd get if he were to sign with another team?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would he really need to force a trade? He's a FA next year.
    I figured his contract was for at least four years. Yea, I'd think he'll play it out. It's not like SA when he had two years remaining on the contract (three if you count his quitting against Golden State in 2016 WCF).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I eliminate Boston,Chicago from the list. A player like Kawhi never goes to those destinations as a FA. It's always about LA,NY,Miami when it comes to attracting superstars. I didn't think of Miami he could very well go there. It would be funny to see him and Butler butt heads. I don't think those 2 can co-exist together personality wise. Butler is confrontational while Kawhi is a passive aggressive back stabber.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I eliminate Boston,Chicago from the list. A player like Kawhi never goes to those destinations as a FA. It's always about LA,NY,Miami when it comes to attracting superstars. I didn't think of Miami he could very well go there. It would be funny to see him and Butler butt heads. I don't think those 2 can co-exist together personality wise. Butler is confrontational while Kawhi is a passive aggressive back stabber.
    Both are viable from a market perspective. But maybe a cold weather destination won't be attractive to him. His immediate retreat from Toronto hints at that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's odd for you to say since Jimmy Butler was the one Kawhi preferred to team up with in LA. Also Kawhi would be the perfect fit in Miami.

Dragic
    Jimmy Butler
    Kawhi Leonard
    Tyler Herro
    Bam Adebayo.

That's a dynasty right there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/los-a...sions-nuggets/

Coach Pop disciple

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's odd for you to say since Jimmy Butler was the one Kawhi preferred to team up with in LA. Also Kawhi would be the perfect fit in Miami.

Dragic
    Jimmy Butler
    Kawhi Leonard
    Tyler Herro
    Bam Adebayo.

Sure if you only want to win every other game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both are viable from a market perspective. But maybe a cold weather destination won't be attractive to him. His immediate retreat from Toronto hints at that.
    Chicago and Boston has never attracted a superstar FA. When I say superstar I'm talking about top 5 or maybe even top 10 talent. Durant went to the Bay Area and now NYC. Lebron went to Miami and now LA, Kawhi went to LA, Shaq went to LA. If we look at the last 30 year only LA,NYC,Miami has landed top 5 talent. I always say LA/NYC/Miami is the number 1 destination for superstar FA's. .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Dragic
    Jimmy Butler
    Kawhi Leonard
    Tyler Herro
    Bam Adebayo.

Kawhi also wanted PG and look how that turned out. Now he's stabbing him in the back. Kawhi helped the big 3 recruit Aldridge and he also wanted to get rid of him later on. Kawhi doesn't think it through when he picks his teammates. The Butler situation will be the same deal as it was with PG,Aldridge. The only difference is Butler will fight back when Kawhi tries to stab him in the back unlike those other guys.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chicago and Boston has never attracted a superstar FA. When I say superstar I'm talking about top 5 or maybe even top 10 talent. Durant went to the Bay Area and now NYC. Lebron went to Miami and now LA, Kawhi went to LA, Shaq went to LA. If we look at the last 30 year only LA,NYC,Miami has landed top 5 talent. I always say LA/NYC/Miami is the number 1 destination for superstar FA's. .
    Not a huge sample size. But fair point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a huge sample size. But fair point.
    It will be interesting to see if Giannis goes to one of those 3 cities.

Thread Information