Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Checks and balances. The Supreme Court gets to say what the law is.
    I don't see any checks and balances. I see a conspiracy from the Republicans to change the law and then get Republican judges to invalidate it based on that bad faith argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    COVID Barrett is now setting the precedent that any law you don't like, you go make a little change to it and it's gone if you have the court. What a joke, this country. I hope DC gets burned down when COVID Barrett strikes down the ACA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any checks and balances. I see a conspiracy from the Republicans to change the law and then get Republican judges to invalidate it based on that bad faith argument.
    I agree.

The solution is to them right back.Expand SCOTUS and reorganize the federal bench.

(Undoing 40 years of GOP obstruction and court-packing by changing Senate rules and passing one or two laws would be pretty sweet.)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    At this point I'd like to see the ACA get overturned (assuming the Dems win a senate majority).

The Democrats only seem to have any balls to do stuff when the Republicans make power grabs. I'm worried that if SCOTUS upholds the ACA, Schumer uses that as an excuse for why the filibuster is fine and doesn't need to go away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I'd like to see the ACA get overturned (assuming the Dems win a senate majority).

The Democrats only seem to have any balls to do stuff when the Republicans make power grabs. I'm worried that if SCOTUS upholds the ACA, Schumer uses that as an excuse for why the filibuster is fine and doesn't need to go away.
    ACA gets overturned and you're going to have a lot of people ed for years while trying to set the new national healthcare up. It'll get torn down overnight but will take years to reimplement. If the COVID Barrett confirmation doesn't convince the DNC to play hardball then nothing will.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Repugs/oligarchy are post-truth, post-Cons ution, anti-democracy

Repugs/oligarchy want an autocratic, dictatorial "unitary executive", an Exec (and all its agencies) immune to Congressional approvals and oversight.

objective? Bannon's "destruction of the administrative state"

Check and balances? Repugs go LOL LOL LOL LOL

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    ACA gets overturned and you're going to have a lot of people ed for years while trying to set the new national healthcare up. If the COVID Barrett confirmation doesn't convince the DNC to play hardball then nothing will.
    The difference is I think the establishment Dems start losing primaries a lot more frequently in the scenario I'm talking about. If COVID Barrett guts the ACA and, even though he has a majority, Schumer can't get a new healthcare bill passed, he loses his primary to AOC in 2022.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn, Coney Barrett's voice is so shrill it makes Hillary Clinton's voice sound warm and likable.
    Wonder what it really sounds like with the LA accent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference is I think the establishment Dems start losing primaries a lot more frequently in the scenario I'm talking about. If COVID Barrett guts the ACA and, even though he has a majority, Schumer can't get a new healthcare bill passed, he loses his primary to AOC in 2022.
    If that happens the Democrats will badly lose the senate in 2022 when there is no progressive energy to vote for the DNC, Uday Trump gets elected president in 2024, and then Uncle Thomas and Alito retire and we two more young federalist society bags.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If that happens the Democrats will badly lose the senate in 2022 when there is no progressive energy to vote for the DNC, Uday Trump gets elected president in 2024, and then Uncle Thomas and Alito retire and we two more young federalist society bags.
    Doubtful that they lose the senate in 2022 even without energy. The senate map that year is dreadful for Republicans. They have twice as many seats up and the Democrats really only have 2 in bents who will have compe ive races (Colorado & Nevada).

More likely though, Schumer is forced to nuke the filibuster if COVID Barrett kills the ACA, and there's tens of millions of people spitting mad about losing their healthcare before the new bill goes into effect who show up in 2022 to make sure the Dems keep the senate.

I actually don't think the ACA gets overturned though. IMO te argument to overturn it this time is so ridiculously bad faith and asinine that judges like Roberts and Gorsuch who are only semi-corrupt and not completely corrupt won't go for it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chuck Grassley is completely blind at this point. Couldn't even read his little prepare remarks without stumbling his way through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubtful that they lose the senate in 2022 even without energy. The senate map that year is dreadful for Republicans. They have twice as many seats up and the Democrats really only have 2 in bents who will have compe ive races (Colorado & Nevada).

More likely though, Schumer is forced to nuke the filibuster if COVID Barrett kills the ACA, and there's tens of millions of people spitting mad about losing their healthcare before the new bill goes into effect who show up in 2022 to make sure the Dems keep the senate.

I actually don't think the ACA gets overturned though. IMO te argument to overturn it this time is so ridiculously bad faith and asinine that judges like Roberts and Gorsuch who are only semi-corrupt and not completely corrupt won't go for it.
    The Democrats lost a senate race in Massachusetts the last time they got bullied by Republican obstructionists fresh off winning a big election.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Chuck Grassley is completely blind at this point. Couldn't even read his little prepare remarks without stumbling his way through.
    IMO 85 should be the age limit for congress and the president. The senators who are over 85, Feinstein and Grassley can't see more than 3 inches in front of their face.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn racists adopting black kids.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cult left is so strong that they have white women holding up racist signs against white women.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What exactly is wrong with that picture besides the fact that all the kids look genuinely happy?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Cult left is so strong that they have white women holding up racist signs against white women.
    Her and Blake surely have BBC in common.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn racists adopting black kids.
    Kamala

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    What exactly is wrong with that picture besides the fact that all the kids look genuinely happy?
    They have the black kids off to the side of the picture, as if they're exotic pets the white parents can parade around to show how not racist they are.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have the black kids off to the side of the picture, as if they're exotic pets the white parents can parade around to show how not racist they are.
    I didn't know it was racist to not ensure that darker skinned people are in the middle.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One could go with the take about the photo above or they can use their brain and figure out that they were trying to have symmetry/balance in the photo.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    One could go with the take about the photo above or they can use their brain and figure out that they were trying to have symmetry/balance in the photo.
    What symmetry and balance are you referring to?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What symmetry and balance are you referring to?
    Heights in large part. Color too perhaps; but that would surely be racist.

Thread Information