Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boy, that mail-in voting fraud sounds like a catastrophe in the making. No wonder Democrats are so pissed off that ACB gonna judge against their sh** if it comes down to it.

Chris

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Probably won't make a difference, but first unexpected curveball Republicans will need to deal with here:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/01/polit...hts/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Technically, that would make her Rhodes Scholar, actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She also opposes her own nomination....

Are you for the Senate voting on the SCOTUS nomination of ACB before the election?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More than 1K alumni from Amy Coney Barrett's undergrad college sign letter of concern

Over 1,500 alumni from U.S. Supreme Court nominee
    Amy Coney Barrett's alma mater signed a letter of concern over the conservative lawyer and judge's pending appointment to become the next court justice.

alumni Rob Marus and Katherine Morgan Breslin wrote a critical letter over
    Barrett's stances on abortion law, the LBGTQ community and the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

"We are likewise firmly and passionately opposed to Rhodes administrators' attempts to embrace Amy Coney Barrett as an alumna of our beloved alma mater,"

"We oppose this embrace because

we believe both her record and the process that has produced her nomination are

diametrically opposed to the values of truth, loyalty, and service that we learned at Rhodes."

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/51...sign-letter-of

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amy Coney Barrett’s environmental track record is sparse — but "concerning"

It remains to be seen whether Barrett’s nomination will truly be a "catastrophe for climate"

A sixth conservative justice could
    pit the Supreme Court against regulatory efforts to curb greenhouse gas emissions, making it harder for federal agencies like the Environmental Protection Agency to act aggressively on climate.

A 6-3 conservative court majority could also
    make it more difficult for the court to take up judicial challenges to the Trump administration's rules.

we don't know much about her views on climate and the environment.

The corps had designated the area off-limits for construction, using the Clean Water Act to argue that the wetlands counted as "waters of the United States."

Barrett didn't write the ruling on this case, but she signed onto a decision against the Army Corps of Engineers, forcing the agency to reconsider its determination.

it signals her "willingness to interpret environmental laws like the Clean Water Act narrowly in favor of industry interests."

Barrett's interpretation of "standing" and "injury," legal terms that determine one's power to sue. If you want to go to court, Hartl explained, you have to earn standing by demonstrating that you've been injured.

And like many conservatives,
    Barrett's track record suggests that she favors a narrow and literal interpretation of standing.

she found that a woman suing her debt collector for violating the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act didn't have standing — according to Barrett, the woman failed to prove that the violation had caused her a tangible injury.

Adelman and the other plaintiffs argued that clearing trees and bird habitat to construct the presidential center would serve not the public interest, but rather private interests.

Barrett determined that the plaintiffs had no standing to sue the Chicago Parks District,

rejecting all three of their claims:

that they had standing as taxpayers,

that they would suffer injury from the center's construction, and —

notably — that the project would damage Jackson Park.

"The plaintiffs can't repackage an injury to the park as an injury to themselves,"

she wrote in her opinion, explicitly citing a precedent claiming that damage to the environment is not sufficient to prove standing.

What does this mean for any bigger, broader environmental cases that the court might hear?

"It is quite problematic," Hartl said, especially for environmentalists who might try to argue that they have been injured by things like climate change and biodiversity loss, whose effects are difficult to quantify.

the 48-year-old Barrett would be the Supreme Court's youngest justice, "poised to shape a generation of American law,"

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...1#post10285311

The VRWC/BigCorp that has been packing SCOTUS to the extreme right knows EXACTLY what they want from Barrett, and they will get it.

6-3 rightwingnutjob ideologue SCOTUS is PRO-Business, PRO-Capitalism

which means

anti-citizen

anti-patient

anti-customer

anti-borrower

anti-employee

anti-environment

anti-regulations, any and all of them of the "administrative state" (esp annulling Congress' oversight of the autocratic "unitary" Exec's killing of rules and regs and hiring)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ACB complies with the Biblical misogyny and Repug rape caucus

Amy Coney Barrett tied to far-right religious cult that believes women must ‘submit’ to their husbands

her connection to the extremist quasi-Catholic cult People of Praise is once again coming under scrutiny.

Trump's supporters are trying to paint criticism of Barrett as anti-Catholic, but in fact,

People of Praise is controversial within Catholicism and isn't exclusively Catholic.

One of the most controversial aspects of People of Praise is the severely patriarchal belief system it promotes.

People of Praise used to refer to female members as "handmaids."

women were expected to live in "total submission" to their husbands.

Theill told AP, "My husband at the time was very drawn to it because of the structure of the submission of women."

People of Praise, every consequential personal decision — whether to take a new job, buy a particular model car or choose where to live — went through the hierarchy of male leadership.

Members of the group who worked outside the community had to turn over their paystubs to church leaders to confirm they were hing correctly."

her husband accompanied her to gynecological appointments to make sure she was not obtaining birth control.

People of Praise believe that wives must "submit in all things" to their husbands.

my mother saying a wife could never deny sex to her husband, because it was his right and her duty. Sex is not for pleasure. It's for as many babies as God chooses to give you.... Women had to be obedient. They had to be subservient."

https://www.alternet.org/2020/09/amy-coney-barrett-tied-to-far-right-religious-cult-that-believes-women-must-submit-to-their-husbands/

So PoP is just another White Male Supremacy / patriarchal scam behind front of religion,

that says superior men a privileged to have sex and

inferior women a obligated to provide it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha - doesn't matter where she came from - it's where she ends up - and no matter what the Dems do/say - that's the top court in the land. Not that I should count my chickens before they hatch.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha - doesn't matter where she came from - it's where she ends up - and no matter what the Dems do/say - that's the top court in the land. Not that I should count my chickens before they hatch.
    Chumpettes' overlords certainly bothered that she's not a Harvard/Yale graduate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpettes' overlords certainly bothered that she's not a Harvard/Yale graduate.
    Didn't Biden say it's about time we had a state uni president? Rhodes College isn't a state uni but not Ivy League.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell won't pass COVID-19 relief for nation,

but will try to expedite Barrett confirmation

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1983673

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    fringe cult is PROUD to claim ACB as one of their cultist subservient handmaid baby makers

Religious group scrubs references to Amy Coney Barrett from its website

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/10/1/1982432/-Religious-group-scrubs-references-to-Amy-Coney-Barrett-from-its-website
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-05-2020 at 05:13 PM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She also opposes her own nomination....

Are you for the Senate voting on the SCOTUS nomination of ACB before the election?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why you running, ChumpDumper?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too snake bit to answer, ChumpDumper?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name of this thread aged so well. derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name of this thread aged so well.
    You're trying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ChumpDumper woke up today, saw this, and ran his ass off to try and get away.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information