Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kai Sotto 19 yrs old 7’3” (7’2” last year) 7’5” wingspan, will be entering the 2022 draft. Currently in Australia for the past few months as he prepares to raise his draft stock for the NBA with the Adelaide 36ers in the NBL. If taken in this draft, Kai will be the 1st full-blooded Filipino in the NBA. Currently NBA players with Filipino blood, Jordan Clarkson (Filipino mom) and Jalen Green (Filipino mom).

https://youtube.com/shorts/HuA449Mmmv0?feature=share

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DET pick candidate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hoping the Spurs will pick him up in the 2nd round if he’s available. His favorite player is Timmy and has previously said that he wanted to be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew no and this is coming from a fellow countrymen - I'm wishing best for him tho but for me, he's only worth to sign as undrafted.

He has the tools but he doesn't have the mental of being compe or (NBA level) to compensate his lacking - athleticism, mobility, strength, consistent shooting.
    He's yet to be atleast a force or one of the top contributor in the team (offensively/defensively) to the leagues he have played since moving overseas.
    Last edited by NickiRasgo; 02-04-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are your thoughts on Taran Armstrong?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ew no and this is coming from a fellow countrymen - I'm wishing best for him tho but for me, he's only worth to sign as undrafted.

He has the tools but he doesn't have the mental of being compe or (NBA level) to compensate his lacking - athleticism, mobility, strength, consistent shooting.
    He's yet to be atleast a force or one of the top contributor in the team (offensively/defensively) to the leagues he have played since moving overseas.
    Not even for a 2nd round? 19 yrs old 7’3 with 7’5” wingspan, who can shoot outside, can rebound and deflect, moves great for his height, not lanky or slow. Granted our 2nd round pick is high, but Kai Sotto could be a great project big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he averages about half the stats that Jock Landale was putting up in the NBL while playing about half the minutes. Might work, might not. Taking a chance with a 2nd is a low risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he averages about half the stats that Jock Landale was putting up in the NBL while playing about half the minutes. Might work, might not. Taking a chance with a 2nd is a low risk.
    The thing I don’t see is how he switch and close on the perimeter, which is modern NBA. I don’t know how players like Eaton could play today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even for a 2nd round? 19 yrs old 7’3 with 7’5” wingspan, who can shoot outside, can rebound and deflect, moves great for his height, not lanky or slow. Granted our 2nd round pick is high, but Kai Sotto could be a great project big.

Yup. Tools is there but the main issue for me is his compe ive at ude and the feel of the game. Sure I'm asking too much for a 2nd round pick but I believe there are more better prospect than him in 2nd round.
    And can he handle the pressure? Imagine the weigh he'll have - if ever, he'll become the first pure Filipino basketball to ever drafted and will play (assuming he'll give a chance) in the NBA.
    Knowing Filipino fans, he'll need a little room of mistake as he'll be criticized badly - not having minutes / being benched, play poorly, etc.

I used to be fascinated with measurements but nowadays, what's important for me now esp. how the NBA is being played is the compe ive at ude and the feel of the game unless you'll have someone like Giannis, Kawhi, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Tools is there but the main issue for me is his compe ive at ude and the feel of the game. Sure I'm asking too much for a 2nd round pick but I believe there are more better prospect than him in 2nd round.
    And can he handle the pressure? Imagine the weigh he'll have - if ever, he'll become the first pure Filipino basketball to ever drafted and will play (assuming he'll give a chance) in the NBA.
    Knowing Filipino fans, he'll need a little room of mistake as he'll be criticized badly - not having minutes / being benched, play poorly, etc.

I used to be fascinated with measurements but nowadays, what's important for me now esp. how the NBA is being played is the compe ive at ude and the feel of the game unless you'll have someone like Giannis, Kawhi, etc.
    10 years ago, he’s a cinch to get in with his side. My concern is, and I haven’t seen it, is his ability to cover the perimeter. I think he is a compe or as he’s out there in the NBL, trying to improve. He is only 19 and still has tons to learn. I think he’ll make it if not in the 2nd round, someone will pick him up. His size is intriguing.

Thread Information