Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Davis is very very good but he lives ongoing forward in infamy for quitting and not leading Pelicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't remotely close to being true, yet.

Garnett was the weaker scorer, but he still had that deadly fall away jumper in the post, was the better defender, passer & rebounder.

Anthony Davis also has better handles, but that is mostly do to hitting a growth spurt late into his high school years.

Until Davis wins a MVP & DPOY, then I hesitate to say he's better than Malone, Barkley or Nowitzki.
    That's a good point. I was actually talking to my brother about prime KG in the car yesterday and I agree with your points. He's still got a ways to go, but if he keeps up this level of postseason play, and strong regular reason work on both ends, he's probably gonna do it.

Tbh I think his biggest test will be next season once the league will be gunning for him and LeBron will be a year older

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For now I think most team are still game planning more for Lebron than him thus giving a slightly easier time than Tim, KG or Dirk. Until he becomes the No.1 man on his team, he will always be remember as the guy who is unable to lead his team to playoff constantly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me when Davis has 5 rings, and we'll talk.

I am tired of this new philosophy of "well they didn't win as much, but look how well they played!"

The point of the game is to win. That counts for something. No one cares about the best player on the loser's side.

Jordan is better than LeBron because Jordan went 6/6 and LeBron is 3/9 (soon to be 4/10).

Timmy is 5/6, and Davis will be....1/1 after this. AD has a long career ahead of him, but their names don't even belong in the same category yet.

Timmy was leading teams to champs in his first few years while Davis is finally riding LeBron to his first ring.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-03-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After tim duncan was done taking a dump he grabbed some toilet paper to wipe Anthony Davis off his ass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim duncan never gave up on his team. Anthony davis gave up and forced new Orleans hand to lend him to lebron. For somebody of his talent level, its absolutely embarrassing how he had to run to someone else.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim duncan never gave up on his team. Anthony davis gave up and forced new Orleans hand to lend him to lebron. For somebody of his talent level, its absolutely embarrassing how he had to run to someone else.
    I have no problem with superstars/stars wanting out of dead end situations after putting in 6-7 years, so long as they do so professionally by allowing their in bent team to maximize their value and not criticizing them or having a representative do so to the media.

Let's be fair II: Duncan was drafted into a unique situation and still had Robinson playing at a superstar-star level for the first 4 years. If he didn't have that and win a championship in his 2nd season, is he staying in '00? We'll never know obviously, but having already won didn't hurt. Sure, he was comfortable with the organization/city, etc., but they had no notable young talent to sell him on and weren't a free agent destination.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KG after his rookie year lead the Wolves to 8 straight playoff appearances and 1 WCF appearance. He deserves a lot of credit for that since he had the same amount of talent as AD did with the Pelicans but still managed to go to the playoffs every year unlike AD. He was also very durable unlike AD considering the most amount games he missed in a year was only 6 when he played for the Wolves. KG was a better play maker in the sense he could elevate the talent of the guys around him. His weakness like you said was his scoring.

I would not put AD over Malone,Barkley,Nowitzki since he hasn't proven he could carry a team being the number 1 guy. He's going to have to prove he can do that once Lebron leaves.
    Right, he's not even above Elvin Hayes or Kevin McHale at this point let alone the 5 greatest PF's ever.

He's as talented as them, yes, but he hasn't reached their peaks (IMO), yet. He had an insane season two years ago, I believe it was, & if he can play at that level through a season & postseason, again......

Then the discussion can be brought up again.

I'll say he is in the mold of Duncan & Garnett in that he's really a center that is so versatile, athletic & talented that he can play & thrive down a position. That speaks to his tremendous talent & impressive skillset.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Social media aka L*kers fans also claimed Kirby was better than Jorn

Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    It's happening again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social media is stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me when Davis has 5 rings, and we'll talk.

I am tired of this new philosophy of "well they didn't win as much, but look how well they played!"

The point of the game is to win. That counts for something. No one cares about the best player on the loser's side.

Jordan is better than LeBron because Jordan went 6/6 and LeBron is 3/9 (soon to be 4/10).

Timmy is 5/6, and Davis will be....1/1 after this. AD has a long career ahead of him, but their names don't even belong in the same category yet.

Timmy was leading teams to champs in his first few years while Davis is finally riding LeBron to his first ring.
    Call me when Anthony Davis wins a ring as the leader of the team first, like one ring, then he needs to follow it up with a lot more. He wasn't great as the leader of his own team in NO. I know NO didn't have the best talent, but he could barely get them out of the first round or even make the playoffs there. Where do you guys rank him against D-Rob? I don't even think he's shown he's anywhere near as good as David was as the leader of a team. What a stupid takes if people are already saying he's better than TD. An absolute ing joke.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me when Anthony Davis win a ring as the leader of the team first, like one ring, then he needs to follow it up with a lot more. He wasn't great as the leader of his own team. I know NO didn't have the best talent, but he could get them out of the first round. Where do you guys rank him against D-Rob? I don't even think he's shown he's anywhere near as good as David was as the leader of a team. What a stupid takes if people are already saying he's better than TD. An absolute ing joke.
    AD is benefiting from what I call the Laker legacy bounce a player gets whenever they win a le with the Lakers. Only casual fans and Laker homers will rank him above Duncan. Those people are not to be taken seriously. Media pundits still won't rank him ahead of Duncan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call me when he has a quadruple double in an NBA Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim led the 2003 Spurs to a ring with Stephen Jackson as the second best player. AD has failed to make the playoffs with, and flamed out in the playoffs with better teams than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see two main ideas on twitter about this First "Duncan can't hit 3's :

and variations of this "one on one Duncan would lose"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see two main ideas on twitter about this First "Duncan can't hit 3's :

and variations of this "one on one Duncan would lose"
    A lot of stupid people acting like Davis is 21 when he's actually going to turn 28 in March. His prime is already right now. His window is the next 5 years to win and do as much as he can as a player. At best I can only see him winning 2 more les and at worst he might not win any more. As long as Lebron is playing at a high level he's not going to win any league MVPS and will not win any finals MVPs. So I can't see him ever catching Duncan. He won't age as gracefully as Tim due to him not being physically built the same way Tim was and being heavily reliant on athleticism. I don't see Davis being in this league in his late 30's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The main problem is that people are comparing 38 year-old Tim Duncan to prime AD. And even than Tim might still cook his ass. They don’t remember 25 year old athletic prime Tim Duncan. That guy is a top 5 NBA player of all time. AD ain’t even top 50

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think AD is better than a prime D-Rob? I would still take a prime D-Rob over Davis at his current peak. He took worse teams to the playoffs and went further than Davis (WCF) with teams worse than some of teams Davis had in NO.

I'm going to forget about the Tim Duncan debate. Prime TD would wreck this fool. TD was superior on both ends. I easily think TD is a top 5 player of all-time. He got there in 2013 with that finals MVP that never materialized due to that last 27 seconds (he won it over a prime Lebron at that point of the series. Too bad his teammates didn't finish it off), and then in 2014 and 2015, he solidified himself in the top 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you guys think AD is better than a prime D-Rob? I would still take a prime D-Rob over Davis at his current peak. He took worse teams to the playoffs and went further than Davis (WCF) with teams worse than some of teams Davis had in NO.

I'm going to forget about the Tim Duncan debate. Prime TD would wreck this fool. TD was superior on both ends. I easily think TD is a top 5 player of all-time. He got there in 2013 with that finals MVP that never materialized due to that last 27 seconds (he won it over a prime Lebron at that point of the series. Too bad his teammates didn't finish it off), and then in 2014 and 2015, he solidified himself in the top 5.
    Most people don’t remember prime DRob clearly. He was Wilt class athletic and strong, and would break AD like a matchstick. He used to walk the length of the court at practice, ON HIS HANDS. That back injury was devastating. We were robbed of probably 4 MVP caliber seasons, plus a couple more seasons he could have played at the end.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Anthony Davis had to face the 2005 Detroit Pistons nobody would even know his name today

That’s a fact

He’s a great player but he couldn’t lace Tim Duncan’s boots

Duncan would compete night-in, night-out against HOF level 4s and 5s (in the paint) when they actually allowed guys to look at each other without blowing a whistle.

The same social media morons that put Davis ahead of Duncan probably consider The Bachelor cutting edge TV.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most people don’t remember prime DRob clearly. He was Wilt class athletic and strong, and would break AD like a matchstick. He used to walk the length of the court at practice, ON HIS HANDS. That back injury was devastating. We were robbed of probably 4 MVP caliber seasons, plus a couple more seasons he could have played at the end.
    I remember reading this years ago. I still can't picture a 7 footer walking the length of the court with his hands. Crazy. I told someone about it a few years ago and they didn't believe me. I also thought David decided to retire after that 2003 season no matter what (even if he could still play). Do you really think he would have still played if his body was right? Man, I never even thought about the back injury robbing him of 4 more MVP years. When we got TD, I kind of didn't think about stuff like that. I was loosely following TD back then in college, but I still didn't expect the Spurs to get that first pick of the draft. I was freaking pumped/excited when I found out we got the first pick of what I will now call the Tim Duncan draft. Amazing day. I remember Boston offering up nearly every player on their roster, I recall thinking at the time, I wouldn't even trade TD for Jordan (at that point of his career). Even with all those tough playoff loses, if it was possible, I'd go back in time and do it all over again. I definitely appreciated that amazing run the Spurs had once they got the number 1 pick and TD.

If Anthony Davis had to face the 2005 Detroit Pistons nobody would even know his name today

That’s a fact

He’s a great player but he couldn’t lace Tim Duncan’s boots

Duncan would compete night-in, night-out against HOF level 4s and 5s (in the paint) when they actually allowed guys to look at each other without blowing a whistle.

The same social media morons that put Davis ahead of Duncan probably consider The Bachelor cutting edge TV.
    Great post. 100% agree.

Thread Information