San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Of course, my opponent streams Gesicki and dude scores immediately

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Of course, my opponent streams Gesicki and dude scores immediately
    wasn't he the guy who caught the game winning TD from fitzmagic that ended the patriots dynasty by stealing their bye in week 17 last year?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There's some defense!! Loseshew on 4th down

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the notion that Loseshew Pedostache holds a candle to The Future Kyler Murray.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think I'm going to play a few games of computer chess and go to sleep instead of watching the 2nd half. Nite folks.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Good lord every Jags receiver besides Shenault sucks so bad

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Final score of Dallas Seattle will be like 56-55 Seahawks with Wilson throwing a TD to Metcalf on the final play of regulation.

I'm not even joking. Dallas-Seattle might be the two best offenses in the NFL and the two worst defenses.
    What happened to the whole "Legion of boom 2.0"?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    andy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Great primetime games

GB @ NO
    KC @ Baltimore

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Their secondary is the strength of their defense, but even that fell apart after Diggs got ejected in the first quarter. The Diggs ejection paired with the lack of pass rush forced Jamal Adams to be a primary pass rusher/hovering around the line of scrimmage as opposed to dictating the coverage, especially after Bruce Irvin tore his ACL. The Seahawks are down to Benson Mayowa and a band of nobodies who are solid at stopping the run but completely anemic at rushing the passer, hence the Adams blitzes... (still, I don't think they should have re-signed Clowney, he's a waste of money).

Still, with Diggs, Adams and Dunbar, (Griffin is a solid if not unspectacular CB2), the secondary is easily the strength of the defense. They'll get better as the season progresses, barring no more injuries (Tre Flowers the CB3 seems to be OK, but losing Blair the other strong safety to torn ACL means either Adams will get to roam less or else they'll have to play more Ugo Amadi and Delano Hill who are good tacklers but poor in coverage, or else find/trade for someone else)... with the Blair injury they should honestly consider bringing back Earl Thomas and moving Diggs to SS and Adams to full time deacon backer, especially after Irvin is done for the year.

The problem with Seattle's defense is their front four generates zero pressure on the QB. Their DTs aren't big enough to collapse the pocket, nor strong enough to bull rush to the QB. Cam Newton had all day in the pocket. Matt Ryan had all day in the pocket. Dak Prescott will have all day in the pocket. If you can't generate any pressure with a four man rush (they struggled to pressure even with 5 honestly unless Adams was blitzing) it doesn't matter how good your secondary is in coverage, you're going to give up a lot of yards (and ultimately points, especially if you're playing against red-zone running threats at QB like Cam, Dak, Murray, Kaepernick, etc).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The secondary/back 7 is by far the strength of their pass defense. Read above. Also, their front 7 stopped the run pretty darn well. Not many holes. The issue is. The. D-Line. Can't. Rush. The. Passer.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The game plan for Dallas should be to avoid running Zeke and Let Dak Cook, tbh. AVOID Running the football up the gut, that is the strength of the Seahawks' defense. This is not a game for Zeke to have 20-25 carries. 10-12 max, honestly, unless the Cowboys somehow get a huge lead (unlikely). Get him involved in the screen game, especially when Adams blitzes. Let Zeke get his 100+ yards from scrimmage mostly from the receiving game this time. Also, spam CeeDee Lamb/Gallup/Cooper, the Seahawks are helpless to stop them. Drop back in the pocket, take your time, find the open receiver. Not a difficult concept. Tyron Smith can even sit out another game to rest, that won't make a huge difference against Seattle's D-Line honestly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great primetime games

GB @ NO
    KC @ Baltimore
    The Rodgers > Brees schtick will be painful to listen to after the Saints get massacred, I'm afraid. But I hope the Saints win.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    The Rodgers > Brees schtick will be painful to listen to after the Saints get massacred, I'm afraid. But I hope the Saints win.
    If Minnesota drops another game or two I might have to get on the GB bandwagon. They were my second choice when selecting my team here.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If Minnesota drops another game or two I might have to get on the GB bandwagon. They were my second choice when selecting my team here.
    So you'd drop your team and cheer for a division rival? Pitiful. Just pitiful.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    So you'd drop your team and cheer for a division rival? Pitiful. Just pitiful.
    Always liked both before living in the region. Was a Favre fan in the first place. Him playing for both only solidified it.

Frankly, I like all the teams in that division. Though a part of me hates the Bears. And I don't like the mgmt personality (Murphy, Thompson) of GB either. They totally ed Favre.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Always liked both before living in the region. Was a Favre fan in the first place. Him playing for both only solidified it.

Frankly, I like all the teams in that division. Though a part of me hates the Bears. And I don't like the mgmt personality (Murphy, Thompson) of GB either. They totally ed Favre.
    I'm a Favre fan and always was but Rodgers is a smug faced, self-centered psychopath tbh.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count

WTF?

you must be European

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    WTF?

you must be European
    No, it's different if you're embedded in a place long enough in the midwest. You learn the enmity of divisional opponents as part of your fandom.
    You spend a lot of time in fairweather Cali, which didn't even have a football team for a long time and it's different.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No, it's different if you're embedded in a place long enough in the midwest. You learn the enmity of divisional opponents as part of your fandom.
    You spend a lot of time in fairweather Cali, which didn't even have a football team for a long time and it's different.
    yeah, the Bears could be 5-11 for five straight years and pack the stands at Soldier Field, while the 11-5 Chargers couldn't even get a 50% occupancy in a small soccer stadium in the most populous metro area in the USA, even with half of the fans rooting for the opposite side

California

though, I will say....49ers fans are pretty damn loyal/faithful.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    yeah, the Bears could be 5-11 for five straight years and pack the stands at Soldier Field, while the 11-5 Chargers couldn't even get a 50% occupancy in a small soccer stadium in the most populous metro area in the USA, even with half of the fans rooting for the opposite side

California

though, I will say....49ers fans are pretty damn loyal/faithful.
    When Raiders left Oakland, and the Niners had their 80's run they built their base. That included some from SoCal; though most stayed committed to Rams or Raiders.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Henry Ruggs is out against Pats. David Andrews confirmed out on their side.

Jacobs/Waller both questionable but I fully expect them to paly.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    When Raiders left Oakland, and the Niners had their 80's run they built their base. That included some from SoCal; though most stayed committed to Rams or Raiders.
    but nobody likes chargers except the high school girls with the iphones on 4%

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    but nobody likes chargers except the high school girls with the iphones on 4%
    San Diego

Thread Information