Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Romo never had the weapons Dak has either. He always had a WR1 that dropped it when it mattered and never had a RB on zeke's level, don't even get me started on the Oline
    except TO, peak Dez, Miles Austin, Witten through his prime

romo had plenty to work with and even some good running games with demarco murray

lack of talent at skill positions was never Romo's problem

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So, the only reason the Cowboys aren't winning is because of Dak? You're one ignorant son of a tbh. And Romo had plenty of talent around him, he just wasn't good enough when it mattered.
    No one is saying "only". Defense was inconsistent and special teams was horrid per par. But the great QBs, the top-of-the-market QBs, win "in spite of". Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and Brady have won "in spite of".

Dak Prescott wins games "because of", as opposed to "in spite of". That's why he's not a 35+ million dollar QB, unless some bottom feeder wants to pay him that and enjoy winning 6-8 games a year with an average QB being surrounded by lesser talent due to the salary cap.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No one is saying "only". Defense was inconsistent and special teams was horrid per par. But the great QBs, the top-of-the-market QBs, win "in spite of". Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers, and Brady have won "in spite of".

Dak Prescott wins games "because of", as opposed to "in spite of". That's why he's not a 35+ million dollar QB, unless some bottom feeder wants to pay him that and enjoy winning 6-8 games a year with an average QB being surrounded by lesser talent due to the salary cap.
    Well we can agree there, he ain't a big money QB, but that doesn't mean he's a trash QB.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Well we can agree there, he ain't a big money QB, but that doesn't mean he's a trash QB.
    I agree. He's in the 15-17 range, one spot below Josh Allen. He's a 25 million QB, not a 35 million. Also I'd consider trading/cutting DeMarcus Lawrence. Dude has been a dud for quite awhile now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also, extend Aldon Smith for 3 years. Think of him as the Grant Hill of the NFL. His prime coming in his 30s because of his very low mileage.

So, the only reason the Cowboys aren't winning is because of Dak? You're one ignorant son of a tbh. And Romo had plenty of talent around him, he just wasn't good enough when it mattered.
    What year wasn’t romo good enough when it mattered

romo had plenty to work with and even some good running games with demarco murray

It was 09-12

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm sorry, did Romo win a Super Bowl that I don't know about?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    12-14 was peak Bryant, then he was never the same after he badly broke his foot in the first quarter of Week 1 in 2015. Shame.

The offensive lines were pretty bad up until about 2012, 2013, when they drafted Frederick and Tyron Smith became of age.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I agree. He's in the 15-17 range, one spot below Josh Allen. He's a 25 million QB, not a 35 million. Also I'd consider trading/cutting DeMarcus Lawrence. Dude has been a dud for quite awhile now.
    Yeah, tbh Dak might have an Uncle Dennis in his ear. I forgot that dude was even on the team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Romo was good enough in 2013, but he didn't play Week 17 which the Cowboys definitely would have won (Kyle Orton kept it a 1-possession game).

Romo was good enough in 2014, they were a bad call, a punch-in touchdown and one defensive stop away from an NFC Championship date in Seattle, where they had already won and Seattle's offense was dismal at that point in time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah, tbh Dak might have an Uncle Dennis in his ear. I forgot that dude was even on the team.
    Aldon Mother ing Smith had 3.5 sacks today. Lawrence has a goose egg for the year. And he's getting paid almost Khalil Mack money. What a damn shame.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Lol miles austin

I'm sorry, did Romo win a Super Bowl that I don't know about?
    So you only judge QBs on being good enough on whether or not their teams win a Super Bowl?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If he's not good enough to win with he shouldn't be paid like he is. If you're not going to pay him the money he wants, move on
    Last edited by Trainwreck2100; 09-27-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Romo made that man. Same with Luarnt Robinson, crayton. People forget the god awful wideouts that wouldn’t even be on an nfl team if it weren’t for romo

Romo was good enough in 2013, but he didn't play Week 17 which the Cowboys definitely would have won (Kyle Orton kept it a 1-possession game).

Romo was good enough in 2014, they were a bad call, a punch-in touchdown and one defensive stop away from an NFC Championship date in Seattle, where they had already won and Seattle's offense was dismal at that point in time.
    People like to forget Murray’s God awful fumble and baileys missed FG in 14 too.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    3 seasons with 900+ yards isnt negligible

floyd is used to romo apologetics

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is why Green Bay can't be taken seriously as a Super Bowl contender, no matter how good Rodgers is.

They've proven time after time that they just can't stop the run.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Adams being out is big
    Packers are undefeated without him. Thomas being out is the real difference maker, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Apparently Brees can't throw it over 3 yds anymore.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    They were moving the ball by running it so what you do? Throw it 3 straight times, of course.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    People like to forget Murray’s God awful fumble and baileys missed FG in 14 too.

Agreed 100%. People like to only remember the Murray fumble and the Dez catch bad call, but that sequence you brought up near the end of the 1st half was extremely underrated.

It wasn't just about Bailey, who struggled at the end of the 2014 season, bounced back in the otherwise-lost 2015 season, and struggled in 2016/2017 and was obviously cut the next year.

The main culprit of that sequence (10 point swing) was Jason Garrett, none other. He called timeout like a dumbass immediately after the Jason Witten catch which was initially ruled a 1st down, which gave the refs/Packers a chance to review it, and it was overruled as short. Then, he called a dumb pass play on 3rd & 1 when the run game was humming. Incomplete. Then, naturally, Bailey missed.

The Packers 2014 team was a great team that was a botched onside kick away from a date with Brady in the Super Bowl. True. But, forgotten is, one round earlier, the Cowboys outplayed the Packers and were the better team, but lost because of 3 extremely unfortunate/fluky/mind numbing sequences which cost them the season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brees scared to throw deep.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Apparently Brees can't throw it over 3 yds anymore.
    yeah, he took the checkdown charlie instead of throwing the wide open TD on that wheel route

Thread Information