Page 10 of 133 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    How can you know how much money Joe has? A tax return doesn't show that - it shows income earned that year and what depreciation, losses, etc. one took that offset that income. I could have cash under my mattress that my tax return doesn't show. I could have rental properties that I did or didn't get rent from due to covid - a tax return doesn't show what those rental properties are worth - only the income/loss and depreciation for that year.

This fuss over Trump's tax return is ridiculous. Who in his right mind wouldn't take whatever LEGAL options are available to him to pay less taxes? Would you?
    One tax return doesn't. 22 straight years of tax returns (which is what Biden released) should paint a pretty good picture of someone's wealth.

Trump has been fighting in court paying millions in legal fees the last 4 years to avoid having to release his tax returns. If it's not a big deal at all why is he fighting so hard against their release?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you know how much money Joe has? A tax return doesn't show that - it shows income earned that year and what depreciation, losses, etc. one took that offset that income. I could have cash under my mattress that my tax return doesn't show. I could have rental properties that I did or didn't get rent from due to covid - a tax return doesn't show what those rental properties are worth - only the income/loss and depreciation for that year.

This fuss over Trump's tax return is ridiculous. Who in his right mind wouldn't take whatever LEGAL options are available to him to pay less taxes? Would you?
    He didn't just release 1 year worth of taxes. Try 22 years.

And is your contention that Biden has a storage unit like Walter White where he stashes his cash?

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One tax return doesn't. 22 straight years of tax returns (which is what Biden released) should paint a pretty good picture of someone's wealth.

Trump has been fighting in court paying millions in legal fees the last 4 years to avoid having to release his tax returns. If it's not a big deal at all why is he fighting so hard against their release?
    Love how she assumes everything is legal too. Like, that's kind of why people in office showing their tax returns is important. It's not so we can marvel at their accountants' ability to find loopholes in tax law.

Bet that "LEGAL" caveat goes away pretty quickly if and when any illegal activities are revealed.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Love how she assumes everything is legal too. Like, that's kind of why people in office showing their tax returns is important. It's not so we can marvel at their accountants' ability to find loopholes in tax law.

Bet that "LEGAL" caveat goes away pretty quickly if and when any illegal activities are revealed.
    The Ivanka Trump consulting payment is either illegal or extremely close to the line. The $70k haircut deduction is even harder to defend, I'm not sure how you can justify a haircut as a business expense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since Biden shuts down before noon everyday they should ask if he has the energy to even do this job. A better fit might be Walmart greeter tbh

it’s truly astounding how dumb and frightened you are

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Ivanka Trump consulting payment is either illegal or extremely close to the line. The $70k haircut deduction is even harder to defend, I'm not sure how you can justify a haircut as a business expense.
    I could see it if that was a payment to the stylist? Like a salary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    we should get a classic performance from scranton joe tonight

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The $70k haircut deduction is even harder to defend, I'm not sure how you can justify a haircut as a business expense.
    That one is weird.

Trump has a massive bold spot so he only has to do a comb over to hide the bold spot.

for 's sake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And you really think that if there was anything illegal in that tax return, NYT wouldn't have broadcasted that?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you know how much money Joe has? A tax return doesn't show that - it shows income earned that year and what depreciation, losses, etc. one took that offset that income. I could have cash under my mattress that my tax return doesn't show. I could have rental properties that I did or didn't get rent from due to covid - a tax return doesn't show what those rental properties are worth - only the income/loss and depreciation for that year. I could have bitcoin that I've mined and not sold. I could have art work on my wall that I haven't sold.

$750

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't just release 1 year worth of taxes. Try 22 years.

And is your contention that Biden has a storage unit like Walter White where he stashes his cash?
    one can get an idea from financial disclosures as well. One thing for sure: Joe didn't get tax cuts for ruining multiple businesses.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How can you know how much money Joe has? A tax return doesn't show that - it shows income earned that year and what depreciation, losses, etc. one took that offset that income. I could have cash under my mattress that my tax return doesn't show. I could have rental properties that I did or didn't get rent from due to covid - a tax return doesn't show what those rental properties are worth - only the income/loss and depreciation for that year. I could have bitcoin that I've mined and not sold. I could have art work on my wall that I haven't sold.

well at least your streak of lies will carry on

Yesterday was tough for you to have to admit that it wasn’t his business a in, but his racism that makes you a cultist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Biden has gotten softer coverage on networks than Hillary Clinton: study
    Media Research Center study indicates networks are taking it easy on Biden

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is this hoopla and the sound bites over this tax return that they are going to use in ads - oooooohhhhh, Trump ONLY pays $750 worth of taxes (more than the average joe) - oooohhhhhhh, he has this amount of debt - ooooohhhhhh, that creates a national security issue or he really isn't as rich as he says he is - totally disregarding how much that asset is worth compared to the debt.

As I stated on my original post - bitcoin, artwork, property (not yearly income) - assets are not taxed until SOLD - there is no way to know what money Trump has from his tax returns.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

84% Trump rn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And you really think that if there was anything illegal in that tax return, NYT wouldn't have broadcasted that?
    They've only released a 40,000 foot overview so far. They've said they're going to be continuously reporting on this from now until election day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is this hoopla and the sound bites over this tax return that they are going to use in ads - oooooohhhhh, Trump ONLY pays $750 worth of taxes (more than the average joe) - oooohhhhhhh, he has this amount of debt - ooooohhhhhh, that creates a national security issue or he really isn't as rich as he says he is - totally disregarding how much that asset is worth compared to the debt.

As I stated on my original post - bitcoin, artwork, property (not yearly income) - assets are not taxed until SOLD - there is no way to know what money Trump has from his tax returns.
    True, he could be completely broke.

Probably is.

Good point.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

84% Trump rn
    So everyone is going into this expecting him to pummel Biden. High expectations aren't a good thing for political debates.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's that supposed to mean? I'd be glad if I could hire top notch accountants and only pay $750 a year - I bet you would too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

84% Trump rn
    Why dont you just let tonight play out, Chris? You're panicking.

Not a great sight.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that's what happens when all you can do is attack his son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's that supposed to mean? I'd be glad if I could hire top notch accountants and only pay $750 a year - I bet you would too.
    It's the only figure that really matters in the news.

And there's nothing you can do about it.

$750

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why dont you just let tonight play out, Chris? You're panicking.

Not a great sight.
    I'm contributing to the thread.

You're name-calling.

Not a great sight.

Thread Information