My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So online poll confirm. Move along
    ^bot-like behavior detected

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was supposed to destroy Joe with the laptop thingy. The fact that all he can say is about oil industry means he missed his chance and Joe survived. Good night for Joe regardless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trump at the end
    Trumpers think that oil is an infinite resource

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA sports site wants a score on a judged Olympic expressive dance contest.
    Good luck.

But post your favorite totally slanted polling anyway.

They spar over issues where people are already concretely stuck in place or don’t really care because they are attracted to a vindictive persona (red team here)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It matters to some people. I get WH saying people won’t be swayed or bothered by the statement, but that’s accurate in only so many places. In Texas, what does a millenial working for Hunt Petroleum or TransCanada think of Biden? Large swaths of people aren’t going to like what Biden said, and even if most of those people weren’t voting Biden, why say it? To galvanize people in NY and California? When Texas could be in play? Seems like a really stupid maneouver to me

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately fracking takes a lot more manpower than putting up and connecting wind turbines.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The BigOil propaganda machine, like the Capitalist propaganda machine, dumbs down, indoctrinates people into believe their self-serving

The environment has become a major issue, left and right, and BigOil, the Carbon economy, is the roadblock to slowing down, not reversing, not stopping, the climate catastrophe

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It matters to some people. I get WH saying people won’t be swayed or bothered by the statement, but that’s accurate in only so many places. In Texas, what does a millenial working for Hunt Petroleum or TransCanada think of Biden? Large swaths of people aren’t going to like what Biden said, and even if most of those people weren’t voting Biden, why say it? To galvanize people in NY and California? When Texas could be in play? Seems like a really stupid maneouver to me
    Biden should have extrapolated on the word "transition" for sure because Texans are really that stupid to believe it means "OH NOES HE GONNA SHUT DOWN MUH DERRICK TOMORROW"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately fracking takes a lot more manpower than putting up and connecting wind turbines.
    fracking has huge external costs, human and environmental, not paid by the ing frackers.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    How you view the oil industry comments depends greatly on whether you, your livelihood, and your pocket are directly affected by the oil industry. The idea of transitioning to a cleaner renewable energy has been around since the hippies. It’s gained bigger traction over the last couple decades really because of how clearly ed up the environment is. Maybe not universally, but most people at least acknowledge that the transition towards cleaner renewable energy and away from fossil fuels is a necessary inevitability and not some unrealistic ideal.

The reason for him saying it is because it’s a candid, honest response to the question. It’s reality. That it might offend some and solidify some votes against him in a certain voting block that were likely voting against him anyway is collateral damage that’s real but likely not as impactful as some may think or suggest. It definitely hurts him in Texas. And whether he had a real shot at Texas anyway, I don’t know. But big picture map, it probably doesn’t significantly change anywhere else, not even Pennsylvania.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not gonna change the outcome of the election, it was your average debate. The one thing it might do is help Republicans in down ballot races who were worried about Trump after the first debate.
    Pretty much. Trump was unable to talk to people outside his own base, but didn't act like a complete ass this time.

He didn't lose, but he didn't really win either, and he needed to.

Not one single policy proposal all night. I tuned out the last 20 minutes or so, but I doubt he suddenly grew a policy repertoire.

Biden could have done a LOT better. Made me wish Buttigieg was there, Pete would have chopped hapless Trump into teeny peices.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does it really though?

Be interesting to see what the actual answer is, per Mwh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    show your analysis

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Research Shows Fracking and Petrochemicals Create Fewer Pennsylvania Jobs than Clean Energy

While early backers of the $6 billion project predicted it would create between 10,000 and 20,000 jobs,

the facility will only employ 600 workers.

Factoring in the massive $1.6 billion tax break granted to the company — the largest in Pennsylvania history– means

the state is essentially paying $2.75 million to create each job at the plant.

The Food & Water Watch
    research estimates that a similar level of investment in wind and solar manufacturing would create over 16,000 jobs.

https://yubanet.com/enviro/new-resea...-clean-energy/

Before the pandemic and Trash's job-killing tariff on panels, solar employed 100Ks more than dying coal.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-23-2020 at 09:16 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN post op poll was about 50% Biden and 39% Trump or so. For Trump, factoring in CNN involved, that is a relative win but he needed Biden to make a mistake and he did not make an obvious one but the oil comment could hurt a little. Election will likely be close in battlegrounds, but Biden likely wins without a court battle but we will see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Polls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Research Shows Fracking and Petrochemicals Create Fewer Pennsylvania Jobs than Clean Energy

While early backers of the $6 billion project predicted it would create between 10,000 and 20,000 jobs,

the facility will only employ 600 workers.

Factoring in the massive $1.6 billion tax break granted to the company — the largest in Pennsylvania history– means

the state is essentially paying $2.75 million to create each job at the plant.

The Food & Water Watch
    research estimates that a similar level of investment in wind and solar manufacturing would create over 16,000 jobs.

https://yubanet.com/enviro/new-resea...-clean-energy/

Before the pandemic and Trash's job-killing tariff on panels, solar employed 100Ks more than dying coal.

... and there you go. Data.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only polls that really matter at this point are the ones with the voting machines.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Megyn ain't bleeding out of her wherever now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious trouble.

He’s going to get over 90 to 94% of them. This is like saying Trump’s in trouble with his maga base. They’re not more going to vote for Biden in the high percentile than blacks are for Trump.

Its a given.
    You need to get out of your bubble, seriously.

But blacks are chained to the Dem planyation. Always have been, always will be.

Do you only watch MSDNC and CNN to really still believe this?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last edited by Spurtacular; 10-23-2020 at 09:58 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump was supposed to destroy Joe with the laptop thingy. The fact that all he can say is about oil industry means he missed his chance and Joe survived. Good night for Joe regardless.
    Trump was supposed to drive a tank over Biden. Instead, he let Joe drown in a pond.

I mean, 270 plus either way.

Sure, we were really rooting for the former. It would've been more epic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CNN post op poll was about 50% Biden and 39% Trump or so. For Trump, factoring in CNN involved, that is a relative win but he needed Biden to make a mistake and he did not make an obvious one but the oil comment could hurt a little. Election will likely be close in battlegrounds, but Biden likely wins without a court battle but we will see.
    imo, some of the better analyses:

Biden wasn't crushed, held his own, "was all that he needed to do" (as long-time polling leader for 18 months)

Trash LIED, LIED, LIED, which is his main skill and attraction to his minority base, beyond which he has no appeal and is LOSER

iow, the debate exposed nothing new, affirmed the status quo.

"undecideds" could decide after the "debate"? G M A F B.

"undecideds"?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    full mashup here bruv: (6min)

Joe's silence / his willingness to pass off his corruption on Russia is telling.
    Americans not going to vote for the corruption.

Thread Information