Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

didn't consider the loss of HCA and psychologic torture of the bubble when I made my legoat average championship thread. this le really does need an asterisk... for hardest won ever, tbh
    I didn't know you were a huge fan of Big Brother.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the Lakers. I'm just glad we got the NBA back in disneyland. Adam Silver did a great job.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is LA downtown on fire yet? Congrats Lakers fans though.

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    interesting. let's consider how many les were won by the star players a guy like Mike faced

other than magic with a weak squad and worthy hurt? none. rofl
    1.) Jordan

2.) I'm talking about LBJ, this season, this run.

3.) I dunno if you watched ball in those days but the refs and the league was so in Jordan's pocket, a cynical fan, and a Knicks fan, could make the argument that all of his les are suspect, but ESPN doesn't want you to know that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ramona finally saying the quiet part out loud. Ballmer paid off the media to slander the Lakers:

And you farmers went along with all their BS.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

LeBron
    AD
    Klutch
    E
    R
    S

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I should put this in my signature. SMH

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    1.) Jordan

2.) I'm talking about LBJ, this season, this run.

3.) I dunno if you watched ball in those days but the refs and the league was so in Jordan's pocket, a cynical fan, and a Knicks fan, could make the argument that all of his les are suspect, but ESPN doesn't want you to know that.
    point is, you're holding bron and the Lakers accountable for 1) something out of their control and 2) something that commonly happens, even for the best of the best.

the Lakers did exactly what they were supposed to, take care of whatever teams are in front of them.

not only that, you claimed they didn't play any hall of famers. bullcrap when there's already three obvious HOF players they faced in their run (dame, Russ, harden) along with 3-4 more potentials as well who are still relatively early in their careers, but made huge strides with excellent playoff runs this year (murray, jokic and butler seem very possible, bam looks promising, and McCollum is very good player, maybe not HOF unless he's a late bloomer kinda guy which sometimes happens)
    Last edited by Neo.; 10-12-2020 at 09:58 AM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Uncle Snopp Dee-OH-Double G:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    point is, you're holding bron and the Lakers accountable for 1) something out of their control and 2) something that commonly happens, even for the best of the best.

the Lakers did exactly what they were supposed to, take care of whatever teams are in front of them.

not only that, you claimed they didn't play any hall of famers. bullcrap when there's already three obvious HOF players they faced in their run (dame, Russ, harden) along with 3-4 more potentials as well who are still relatively early in their careers, but made huge strides with excellent playoff runs this year (murray, jokic and butler seem very possible, bam looks promising, and McCollum is very good player, maybe not HOF unless he's a late bloomer kinda guy which sometimes happens)
    This. All of this. Props

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

I'll give it to you, MAYBE, those guys will be HOFers one day, fair enough, and it's true, conspiracies aside, the Lakers played what was in front of them and did their job.

All I'm saying is that it's a very unimpressive le run, and this is typical of LBJ's les coming out of the East for most of his career, and now this...

It would be nice, after the past two years, to see a match up in the finals with at least two top 20 players on each team, but with the way the East has been decimated of talent for the past decade, seems unlikely.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I'll give it to you, MAYBE, those guys will be HOFers one day, fair enough, and it's true, conspiracies aside, the Lakers played what was in front of them and did their job.

All I'm saying is that it's a very unimpressive le run, and this is typical of LBJ's les coming out of the East for most of his career, and now this...

It would be nice, after the past two years, to see a match up in the finals with at least two top 20 players on each team, but with the way the East has been decimated of talent for the past decade, seems unlikely.
    MAYBE? I don't see how there's a "maybe" about Russ and Harden. I don't care for either player, but they are unquestionable HOFers.

and if Reggie makes the HOF, then Dame makes it easily, barring a career ending injury. even then, he may make it.

if we want to nitpick the way you are nitpicking, then probably 90% of le runs are "unimpressive".

nets?

id say lakers vs celtics or nets are very likely next year, both of which would be a really compe ive and fun matchup

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    MAYBE? I don't see how there's a "maybe" about Russ and Harden. I don't care for either player, but they are unquestionable HOFers.

and if Reggie makes the HOF, then Dame makes it easily, barring a career ending injury. even then, he may make it.

if we want to nitpick the way you are nitpicking, then probably 90% of le runs are "unimpressive".

nets?

id say lakers vs celtics or nets are very likely next year, both of which would be a really compe ive and fun matchup
    Russ has been in one finals. Harden has been in none. Yes, the NBA Hall of Fame is kind of come one come all. I'm mainly talking about the Finals.

That being said, yes, every le run isn't going to be the Mavs 2010-2011 quality, but again, I'm talking about THIS run, not every other one in the history of the NBA.

Personally, I want to see Warriors return to form and face the Nets, to me that's where the true league narrative and the league's actual championship continuity remains, after two years of these fluke wins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russ has been in one finals. Harden has been in none. Yes, the NBA Hall of Fame is kind of come one come all. I'm mainly talking about the Finals.

That being said, yes, every le run isn't going to be the Mavs 2010-2011 quality, but again, I'm talking about THIS run, not every other one in the history of the NBA.

Personally, I want to see Warriors return to form and face the Nets, to me that's where the true league narrative and the league's actual championship continuity remains, after two years of these fluke wins.
    Harden was on the same OKC finals team as Westbrook, in 2012.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    are you re ed? Russ and Harden were on the same finals team. and there's plenty of players in the HOF that never even played in the finals

but you are knocking them for having an "unimpressive" run. my point is, "unimpressive" runs are pretty much the norm. so why is this one such an issue, compared to all the other ones? or do you consider it in the same category as those runs as well, and are just bellyaching for the sake of it?

so the true narrative and actual championship continuity remains among steph and KD? two MVPs in their absolute prime that realized they needed to team up in order to legitimately beat Lebron? lets not kid ourselves, lebron is the center of the league, and has been for the majority of his career. and hes earned the right to that position. everything goes through him.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

s

Believe.
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count
    are you re ed? Russ and Harden were on the same finals team. and there's plenty of players in the HOF that never even played in the finals

but you are knocking them for having an "unimpressive" run. my point is, "unimpressive" runs are pretty much the norm. so why is this one such an issue, compared to all the other ones? or do you consider it in the same category as those runs as well, and are just bellyaching for the sake of it?

so the true narrative and actual championship continuity remains among steph and KD? two MVPs in their absolute prime that realized they needed to team up in order to legitimately beat Lebron? lets not kid ourselves, lebron is the center of the league, and has been for the majority of his career. and hes earned the right to that position. everything goes through him.
    I'm just telling you who the last real champs were.

I don't knock Lebron for his skills, he's not really performed up to his potential if you go by that, but it's a team game. I agree Lebron was the best in the "Lebron Era" but that ended with the "three point ball era"

I forgot Harden was on that team, that was a long time ago.

Give some examples of less impressive runs, not including last year. I'd like to know about them. Spurs 2007? Any of Lebron's finals runs coming out of the East? Jordan's 2nd threepeat? Showtime era lakers had some cakewalks... When was the last time a finals team didn't contain at least one unquestionable HOFer? Pistons Mid-2000's?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sham * bubble le by sham non GOAT likely on very sophisticated roids and he could not win until he got his quit on Pelicans sidekick who should have been suspended game 6 for blatant head slap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^This dude is so obsessed with the Lakers. On ST, that's saying something. Get over it, dude. At least you can start throwing out the asterisk now, so take solace in that.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Orlando Summer League chumps

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you going to buy the championship DVD?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I'm just telling you who the last real champs were.

I don't knock Lebron for his skills, he's not really performed up to his potential if you go by that, but it's a team game. I agree Lebron was the best in the "Lebron Era" but that ended with the "three point ball era"

I forgot Harden was on that team, that was a long time ago.

Give some examples of less impressive runs, not including last year. I'd like to know about them. Spurs 2007? Any of Lebron's finals runs coming out of the East? Jordan's 2nd threepeat? Showtime era lakers had some cakewalks... When was the last time a finals team didn't contain at least one unquestionable HOFer? Pistons Mid-2000's?
    lol so teaming up like Durant and Steph did somehow makes their championship more legit than this lakers squad?

yet somehow you remembered Russ was on the team that was known for having a "big 3"

why ask questions to which already know (and stated some of) the answers to?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you going to buy the championship DVD?
    Nope. I do have Spectrum Sports tho. I'll watch their coverage.

Thread Information