-An insane Net-rating of +35: check
    -Hands down the best player in Gm 3 by a large margin: Check
    -Outplayed PEAK LeBrat for 3 straight games: Check

Let’s compare that to the “head of the snake” Porker:
    -TS%: 55
    -Net Rating: 0
    -Zero buckets in Gm 5 until a garbage time duel with LeBrat: check

“Kiwi won FMVP only b/c he was on a ‘loaded team’ “

Why haven’t Klay/Draymond/Curry/Pippen/Manu/Bosh/Kyrie won FMVP?

Kiwi’s compe ion isn’t his son LeBrat rather the GOAT.

#chosenone #kingofLA

He doesn’t need to meddle in the kitchen, he brings home the bacon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Final act to the play production, Game 6.

Didn't want to interrupt the Pride Parade cthelebration, so did any Non Laker posters see Game 6? Exception is KillaKobe.

Did LakerRef have any role in Game 6 or was it simply a blowout.
    Boxscore has Dragic playing 19 minutes, blowing on offense while Rondo goes off for the 1st time in 12 playoff years.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Reality is Kiwi should be One and Done but Poop's senility and a Warriors team decimated by injuries got him a lucky 2nd ring.

I salute the Nuggets though, for killing the myth that Kiwi was this transcendent playoff performer. The guy completely the bed

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No one is denying that he played his role well, but he was a mere role player. They all kind of were, but he was far down the line when it came to play making and shot creation. He didn't carry or lead anything.
    It’s not about him “carrying” anyone but not getting the credit he deserves. Folks casually claim ‘14 Finals Kawhi was no different ‘15 Finals Iggy when the latter was being dared to make wide open shots & getting utterly outplayed by his opposition.

How much better was Pierce in the ‘08 Finals?

? I'm talking about you propping up or downplaying Davis depending on whether it suits your argument of the moment.
    The point I made about Davis was that he isn’t better than Kawhi, I never ranked him. You’re the one trying to use anything & everything to denigrate Kawhi.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not about him “carrying” anyone but not getting the credit he deserves. Folks casually claim ‘14 Finals Kawhi was no different ‘15 Finals Iggy when the latter was being dared to make wide open shots & getting utterly outplayed by his opposition.

How much better was Pierce in the ‘08 Finals?

The point I made about Davis was that he isn’t better than Kawhi, I never ranked him. You’re the one trying to use anything & everything to denigrate Kawhi.
    The opposite is true. Pop was mostly given the credit for '14 for 4-5 years until hipster, agenda driven media types retroactively decided it was S bag . . . somehow, the biggest 3, who deserve by far the most credit for it, are reduced to mere footnotes.

Garnett was the best player, but Pierce was the go-to scorer and one of the two primary creators.

Davis is at least as good as S bag and has a case for being better. The only reason people pretend differently is because he's a big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The opposite is true. Pop was mostly given the credit for '14 for 4-5 years until hipster, agenda driven media types retroactively decided it was S bag . . . somehow, the biggest 3, who deserve by far the most credit for it, are reduced to mere footnotes.

Garnett was the best player, but Pierce was the go-to scorer and one of the two primary creators.

Davis the quiter versus KL the quiter? Tie goes to the uncle as I would take AD over KL on any team - both excellent defenders but AD has more upside IMO.

Davis is at least as good as S bag and has a case for being better. The only reason people pretend differently is because he's a big.
    I will take AD over KL as both quitters but upside IMO more and KL has a nebulous injury history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Reality is Kiwi should be One and Done but Poop's senility and a Warriors team decimated by injuries got him a lucky 2nd ring.
    Sure dumbass, that's why Kwa was ripping the Warriors a new ass up 21 mid third quarter when he got Zaza'd.

Stay in your Pride Parade lane.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pretty sure Poop also gets credit for ‘19

We all saw who was the system in ‘17 when Poop got run out of the gym the moment Kawhi stepped off the floor.

In any case, the only thing associated with the franchise worth anything the past half decade was Kawhi which is why y’all can’t spend a day without mentioning his name the past 2 years. Condolence, it won’t get better.

Pierce was being guarded by Radmanovic/Walton & got his ass busted big Joe Johnson

It’s called not being an elite shot creator (although he’s an elite finisher), he would get marginalized playing with someone like Beverley/Patty that can’t run a PnR. If he was an elite passer or post up player then it would be one thing but he’s neither. Despite being an elite defender, he’s also not a great post defender ala Bosh & is lucky L*kers picked up Dwight b/c Jokic was busting his ass.

In the Orlando Summer League, he basically made jumpers at the same rate as peak Dirk when he was an average shooter throughout the season/career which is what you call an outlier. He hasn’t even proven to be a Jimmy Butler level shot creator & his track record as the alpha isn’t any better than Softridge’s.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 10-15-2020 at 05:52 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We all saw who was the system in ‘17 when Poop got run out of the gym the moment Kawhi stepped off the floor.

In any case, the only thing associated with the franchise worth anything the past half decade was Kawhi which is why y’all can’t spend a day without mentioning his name the past 2 years. Condolence, it won’t get better.

Pierce was being guarded by Radmanovic/Walton & got his ass busted big Joe Johnson

It’s called not being an elite shot creator (although he’s an elite finisher), he would get marginalized playing with someone like Beverley/Patty that can’t run a PnR. If he was an elite passer or post up player then it would be one thing but he’s neither. Despite being an elite defender, he’s also not a great post defender ala Bosh & is lucky L*kers picked up Dwight b/c Jokic was busting his ass.

In the Orlando Summer League, he basically made jumpers at the same rate as peak Dirk when he was an average shooter throughout the season/career which is what you call an outlier. He hasn’t even proven to be a Jimmy Butler level shot creator & his track record as the alpha isn’t any better than Softridge’s.
    Pop and S bag have something in common: They're both highly overrated.

Nah, he gets mentioned constantly because he set this franchise back years with his antics. Minus Williamson, they should have a similar future to the Pelicans.

What does that have to do with Pierce's role?

Bigs are constantly underappreciated or received backhanded compliments. He got banged up, James had a strong finishing kick and already it's been portrayed as the latter being the clear best player throughout.

No team has Beverley or Mills as their primary play maker. He'd be a top five player with any half decent one though, as we've seen in the past. He also dominated the playoffs offensively on a combination of a steady diet of post ups/free throws and pull up/step back mid rangers. Big deal if he didn't bring the ball up or initiate his attack from the 3-point line.

The Pelicans were chronically injured and ranged from bad - mediocre. He's not as natural a hub as Olajuwon/Duncan (or even Aldridge), but he just proved he could be a co go-to scorer on a championship team despite that.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Pop and S bag have something in common: They're both highly overrated.

Nah, he gets mentioned constantly because he set this franchise back years with his antics. Minus Williamson, they should have a similar future to the Pelicans.
    Without Morant, the Grizz would have a similar future to the Sperms (c) Magic Johnson

What does that have to do with Pierce's role?
    I don't see anybody denigrating Pierce when won FMVP playing with 4 HOFers despite not being the best player nor the most consistent performer.

Bigs are constantly underappreciated or received backhanded compliments. He got banged up, James had a strong finishing kick and already it's been portrayed as the latter being the clear best player throughout.
    After missing the playoffs, Pelicans dumped him & almost made the postseason despite being injury riddled. There is a reason a team led by a playmaker dependent big has never won a chip, he's basically David Robinson 2.0. (Even KG could make plays)

No team has Beverley or Mills as their primary play maker. He'd be a top five player with any half decent one though, as we've seen in the past.
    Yeah, he was top 5 last season playing w/ Jrue.

He also dominated the playoffs offensively on a combination of a steady diet of post ups/free throws and pull up/step back mid rangers. Big deal if he didn't bring the ball up or initiate his attack from the 3-point line.
    Yeah, it's not like tracking data doesn't exist.

-Post-ups: 42 percentile which is worse than Siakam (who was terrible) on the same frequency
    -Isolation: 3rd on the team behind Rondo when it comes to frequency

He feast more in transition duck-ins against guys like Iggy & finishing lobs that he does posting-up/isolating.

Out of any play, he scored more on catch-and-shoot & did so while shooting an absurd 20%+ from mid-range than he did the past 3 seasons (pretty sure that's sustainable). He also had a Harden'esq free-throw rate so he was collecting a lot of food-stamps. (It's not like he's facing up & bulldozing his way like Giannis either)

The Pelicans were chronically injured and ranged from bad - mediocre. He's not as natural a hub as Olajuwon/Duncan (or even Aldridge), but he just proved he could be a co go-to scorer on a championship team despite that.
    Aka he's a Robin, nothing wrong with it. What Softridge did in '14 against PRIME Dwight is more impressive than Davis feasting on the Blazers who got shredded by Jrue/Rondo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Without Morant, the Grizz would have a similar future to the Sperms (c) Magic Johnson

I don't see anybody denigrating Pierce when won FMVP playing with 4 HOFers despite not being the best player nor the most consistent performer.

After missing the playoffs, Pelicans dumped him & almost made the postseason despite being injury riddled. There is a reason a team led by a playmaker dependent big has never won a chip, he's basically David Robinson 2.0. (Even KG could make plays)

Yeah, he was top 5 last season playing w/ Jrue.

Yeah, it's not like tracking data doesn't exist.

-Post-ups: 42 percentile which is worse than Siakam (who was terrible) on the same frequency
    -Isolation: 3rd on the team behind Rondo when it comes to frequency

He feast more in transition duck-ins against guys like Iggy & finishing lobs that he does posting-up/isolating.

Out of any play, he scored more on catch-and-shoot & did so while shooting an absurd 20%+ from mid-range than he did the past 3 seasons (pretty sure that's sustainable). He also had a Harden'esq free-throw rate so he was collecting a lot of food-stamps. (It's not like he's facing up & bulldozing his way like Giannis either)

Aka he's a Robin, nothing wrong with it. What Softridge did in '14 against PRIME Dwight is more impressive than Davis feasting on the Blazers who got shredded by Jrue/Rondo.
    Never mentioned the Grizzlies. Always deflection and spin with you.

Again, Pierce did heavy lifting as a primary shot creator/play maker. He didn't stand in the corner waiting for others to break the defense down.

Yeah, because they won/the league gifted them Williamson, then received commensurate return for a superstar and finally became a destination for solid veterans.

He's been top 5 for a long time.

Slice it however you want, the reality is he created plenty of his own offense, much of it came in similar fashion to S bag last season (minus the constant pushing off to create space for that stiff's mid ranger) and in many key moments the offense went through him and he delivered.

You're just trying to downplay him because the masses are realizing/remembering what was clear years ago, which is that he's better than S bag.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Never mentioned the Grizzlies. Always deflection and spin with you.
    Yeah, it’s unfortunate to the sperms they didn’t have a “top 5” player like Davis lead them to the Zion sweepstakes (Yeah, “the league” would rather have Zion in the worst NBA market instead of NY)

Again, Pierce did heavy lifting as a primary shot creator/play maker. He didn't stand in the corner waiting for others to break the defense down.
    Yeah, “heavy load” going up against Radmanovic/Walton (Pretty sure Kawhi was standing in the corner like Danny in Gm 3-5 but I digress)

Yeah, because they won/the league gifted them Williamson, then received commensurate return for a superstar and finally became a destination for solid veterans.
    LMAO, what the did they win? Davis literally led them to the lotto before he quit.

He's been top 5 for a long time.

Slice it however you want, the reality is he created plenty of his own offense, much of it came in similar fashion to S bag last season (minus the constant pushing off to create space for that stiff's mid ranger) and in many key moments the offense went through him and he delivered.
    “Stiff jumper”, somebody got their panties in bunches.

In any case, Kawhi is one of the league leaders in drives at the wing position but you have been blinded by hate. #staysalty

You're just trying to downplay him because the masses are realizing/remembering what was clear years ago, which is that he's better than S bag.
    Kawhi is a made man while Davis is sitting at the kids table & needs to get his hands held.

You can cry till that cows come home but it’s a FACT that Davis has never & will most likely never win shyt as the legit #1 unless his unsustainable jump shooting “the masses remember from years ago” is here to stay.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 10-16-2020 at 02:21 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To soon, AMB.
    I KNOW its been months...
    But still to soon
    Sorry my man. Hope the ring dampened the horrible year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I salute the Nuggets though, for killing the myth that Kiwi was this transcendent playoff performer. The guy completely the bed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Literally the dumbest take I've ever read, not surprising coming from a re ed lakers fan though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, it’s unfortunate to the sperms they didn’t have a “top 5” player like Davis lead them to the Zion sweepstakes (Yeah, “the league” would rather have Zion in the worst NBA market instead of NY)

Yeah, “heavy load” going up against Radmanovic/Walton (Pretty sure Kawhi was standing in the corner like Danny in Gm 3-5 but I digress)

LMAO, what the did they win? Davis literally led them to the lotto before he quit.

“Stiff jumper”, somebody got their panties in bunches.

In any case, Kawhi is one of the league leaders in drives at the wing position but you have been blinded by hate. #staysalty

Kawhi is a made man while Davis is sitting at the kids table & needs to get his hands held.

You can cry till that cows come home but it’s a FACT that Davis has never & will most likely never win shyt as the legit #1 unless his unsustainable jump shooting “the masses remember from years ago” is here to stay.
    Davis played limited minutes and was held out of numerous games down the stretch (that he wanted to play in) in an effort to avoid injury/maximize value and tank. Everytime the Pelicans have been in trouble, they've conveniently been bailed out (Paul trade and the two biggest prospects of the last decade).

Heavy load = go-to scorer and second best play maker. A series is a small sample size.

Davis never had the talent around him that the Pelicans had this past season. Give him that and relative health and he's damn sure taking that team to the playoffs.

S bag is a stiff who needs to push off to create space for his precious mid rangers.

Nah, S bag's reputation is already in tatters and Davis just won untaintedly as a co #1 option. I could careless about him, I'm just saying the former has had much better teams throughought his career.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Literally the dumbest take I've ever read, not surprising coming from a re ed lakers fan though.
    What did i say that is a lie, clown?

- Kiwi crossed your team, Senile Poop returned the favor by sending him to a contender
    - Warriors were short 2 all stars in the Finals
    - Nuggets neutered Kiwi in 7

He should be one and done. I don't expect you to see the obvious with Kiwi's nuts in your face though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    On another note, Jimmy is a bonafide star. Can you imagine if he doesn't shut down Kiwi's and Uncle's initial plan and the clippers end up with a Kiwi and Jimmy duo instead of WNBA P?

Clippers would immediately have the leader they desperately need and someone who actually elevates his game in the playoffs. Thank God that fell through.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sorry my man. Hope the ring dampened the horrible year.
    it helped a ton ... but cuz you my dude ... ill be honest, Kobe passing still seems unreal, surreal ...
    Im almost embarrassed that the passing of a guy I did not have a tangible, personal connection with could move me the way it has.

anyways I start a new gig on Monday ...
    So i will definitely be gone from here except maybe on the occasional weekend.

I never wanted to leave as an active poster while my Lakers sucked ... not knocking anyone else ...but I felt it was a true test of my fandom since i talked so much over the years ...

Props to you, EL, TD21, Bum, Jam, Deeps and to many solid posters who may have hated my Lakers but still have my respect ...

To all the trolling Laker hating Kobe is a rapist Magic has AIDS type haters ...yall can eat a fat one, straight up ...

To my ST wing of Lakernation not limited to but including: Kool, Ashy, Lakerfan, Medvedenko, Bynumite, Gemini, Cobbler and even Trump loving Cully, We back where we belong!!!

The hate and salty tears here Real GM and in the media is so good to see.
    Especially after:

Jerry Buss passing
    Buss on buss crime
    Lavar Ball
    Magic quitting and stabbing us in the back ...
    Kobe's achilles snapping
    Kobe's death
    Jeannie begging Dwight
    Mozgoff and deng signings
    Missing out on Embiid KAT Simmons booker Tatum for Lonzo Randle etc.
    Dantoni, Scott Walton and Mike D ...
    Being turned down by pseudo superstars like Melo, LMA, PG13 Greg monroe (on 2nd thought ... THANK GOD they did us a favor!!!)

Im still savoring the chip a week later ...

Killa out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a certified POS. SMH
    You didn’t have any issues making fun of Duncan’s domestic misfortune.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Davis played limited minutes and was held out of numerous games down the stretch (that he wanted to play in) in an effort to avoid injury/maximize value and tank. Everytime the Pelicans have been in trouble, they've conveniently been bailed out (Paul trade and the two biggest prospects of the last decade).

Heavy load = go-to scorer and second best play maker. A series is a small sample size.

Davis never had the talent around him that the Pelicans had this past season. Give him that and relative health and he's damn sure taking that team to the playoffs.

S bag is a stiff who needs to push off to create space for his precious mid rangers.

Nah, S bag's reputation is already in tatters and Davis just won untaintedly as a co #1 option. I could careless about him, I'm just saying the former has had much better teams throughought his career.
    So, basically Batman vs. Robin. I rest my case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it helped a ton ... but cuz you my dude ... ill be honest, Kobe passing still seems unreal, surreal ...
    Im almost embarrassed that the passing of a guy I did not have a tangible, personal connection with could move me the way it has.

anyways I start a new gig on Monday ...
    So i will definitely be gone from here except maybe on the occasional weekend.

I never wanted to leave as an active poster while my Lakers sucked ... not knocking anyone else ...but I felt it was a true test of my fandom since i talked so much over the years ...

Props to you, EL, TD21, Bum, Jam, Deeps and to many solid posters who may have hated my Lakers but still have my respect ...

To all the trolling Laker hating Kobe is a rapist Magic has AIDS type haters ...yall can eat a fat one, straight up ...

To my ST wing of Lakernation not limited to but including: Kool, Ashy, Lakerfan, Medvedenko, Bynumite, Gemini, Cobbler and even Trump loving Cully, We back where we belong!!!

The hate and salty tears here Real GM and in the media is so good to see.
    Especially after:

Jerry Buss passing
    Buss on buss crime
    Lavar Ball
    Magic quitting and stabbing us in the back ...
    Kobe's achilles snapping
    Kobe's death
    Jeannie begging Dwight
    Mozgoff and deng signings
    Missing out on Embiid KAT Simmons booker Tatum for Lonzo Randle etc.
    Dantoni, Scott Walton and Mike D ...
    Being turned down by pseudo superstars like Melo, LMA, PG13 Greg monroe (on 2nd thought ... THANK GOD they did us a favor!!!)

Im still savoring the chip a week later ...

Killa out.
    Hate to see you leave even if it was only temporarily. You’ve been a good dude and didn’t talk too much obnoxious crap

Good luck on the new gig.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so laker fans are discrediting kawhis ring with raptors cause he played against injured gsw

so what about the lakers latest ring against a depleted d league miami heat?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You didn’t have any issues making fun of Duncan’s domestic misfortune.
    Death = misfortune? I could see "rape allegations" but death? Really? SMH

Thread Information