Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    There's now way dak takes $5 mil a year, he'd be a fool, he can con a team for easily 3 times that, and I doubt his intellect matches his qb ability
    Do you understand what the word "apiece" means, tbh?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Do you understand what the word "apiece" means, tbh?
    you want to pay dak $150 million? Because that's the only other way to interpret what you are saying

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    you want to pay dak $150 million? Because that's the only other way to interpret what you are saying
    30 million a year is fair. Anything more would be paying him like a top 5 QB which is highway robbery.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    30 million a year is fair. Anything more would be paying him like a top 5 QB which is highway robbery.
    Sometimes it seems like you don't understand anything about anything.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Not a Dak fan. Not a Cowboy fan either though.

Dak is a good QB, easily best in the NFC East, but he's one of the biggest stat-padders in the league.

Nobody pads stats more than Christian McCaffrey, but Dak might be the top man at his position in that regard.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak is a good QB, easily best in the NFC East, but he's one of the biggest stat-padders in the league.

Nobody pads stats more than Christian McCaffrey, but Dak might be the top man at his position in that regard.
    Dak certainly was exactly that last year (most of his yards came when trailing by multiple scores), and he's picked up right where he left off from that this year.

Note: The most successful Cowboys year in the Dak era... 2016 (13-3) Prescott had a very modest amount of yards, Zeke was the superstar, and the Cowboys were mighty successful until the playoffs when Prescott had to play hero for the first time in his NFL career, and they almost pulled it off... but they didn't. If Nick Perry doesn't get his paw on that ball on 3rd down, the Cowboys likely convert and win that game. But, whatever.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I'd take Dak over Cousins. But that's not saying much.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count

That's essentially my problem with him. I don't hate the guy and he's a decent quarterback, but rarely has he shown that he's a clutch player and/or be able to beat a quality team without the help of a strong running game. You can win with him as long as he has a stacked team around him which you won't get if you pay him top dollar. Pretty simple tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's essentially my problem with him. I don't hate the guy and he's a decent quarterback, but rarely has he shown that he's a clutch player and/or be able to beat a quality team without the help of a strong running game. You can win with him as long as he has a stacked team around him which you won't get if you pay him top dollar. Pretty simple tbh
    Exactly. Common sense. If there was no salary cap, I (or Jerry) wouldn't mind paying him the Mahomes contract. It's simple as that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    in short, I wouldn't pay anyone other than current-year Mahomes, Wilson or Rodgers over 30 Million. Anyone less than that level, and i'd rather pay half of that for just a good vet QB with an "it" factor like Foles or Fitzmagic... and maximize the salary cap elsewhere, especially O-Line and defense.

Yeah I like Dak as a person but this team has so many whole it makes no sense to pay someone 35+ mill a year when your pretty much have to get a whole new defense and now a starting LT and a starting RT. The only good part of the Cowboys roster is receivers who I would rate as a A+ and I would rate our running backs a C+ “Zeke signing was plain stupid”. If you look at our offensive like you got Smith with neck issues and Collins now having hip surgery which are two injuries that never get better only worse with time so I would grade our like a D+ going to Line Backers same thing injury with Lee and Vanderbilt both should look at retiring right now I would give them a C- and our Defensive line is poor would score them a C - and our Safety and Corners also terrible would score them a F +.

For Christ’s sake I’ve never seen defense’s drop more Interceptions than they do against Prescott. He should’ve had 3 last week and 6 today

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    For Christ’s sake I’ve never seen defense’s drop more Interceptions than they do against Prescott. He should’ve had 3 last week and 6 today
    romo is gone, let it go

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    welp

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm waiting for Dalton to use the weapons Dak had to stat pad.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    All that tells me is yeah, he's got an elite receiving corps, the best in the NFL from 1-4. No surprises there.
    I give this post a C-

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I give this post a C-
    Tyreek, Watkins, who else...? Hardman? He's more of a ST and gadget guy. Hardman, Robinson, even Pringle are pretty much 3rd WR by committee, and Watkins is only healthy half the season anyway. Tight ends don't count for the sake of this argument.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Tyreek, Watkins, who else...? Hardman? He's more of a ST and gadget guy. Hardman, Robinson, even Pringle are pretty much 3rd WR by committee, and Watkins is only healthy half the season anyway. Tight ends don't count for the sake of this argument.
    LOL...for the sake of your argument, you want to exclude the #1 receiving option on the Chiefs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    LOL...for the sake of your argument, you want to exclude the #1 receiving option on the Chiefs.
    Receivers only, tbh.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Andy. Could you be a bigger got? I’m really asking. I think you would have trouble even if you tried

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he'll look good in 49er vermillion and gold. Cowboys need cash and draft capital.

Thread Information