They should bring Vinny Del Negro back tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what about JVG ?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It's not like they won't have other suitors and who said the Thunder want to pay Harrell?
    The only teams trading for Choke-P3 are contenders who are willing to part with multiple role players that OKC could flip & the Cripples have a boat load. They can trade Harrell just like the Knicks signed Morris with the intention of flipping him in the future. For example, they can try going after Towns with draft picks + Harrell/Lou for salary matching purposes & placeholders.

Nah, S bag wasn't winning the championship with that flawed Bucks roster either.
    One minute, Bucks were flawed b/c their star player couldn’t shoot. Next minute, the Bucks were flawed with a star player that can shoot

Swap Butler with S bag and that takes care of the Heat's lack of a superstar problem, but the lack of a second option for a contender reason/excuse would have flown. He'd have altered their chemistry, which has been, dare I say . . . pristine.
    Yeah, Kiwi completely nuked the Raptors culture while Butler was a saint

Another assumption, this time that the Clippers' best role players wouldn't have experienced progression to the mean.
    Yeah, it was a case of being in a slump rather that being out of shape which explains why Montrez/Lou were blowing MULTIPLE point blank layups. They definitely would have definitely progressed to pre-Magic city shape in a week.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm assuming Doc still gets paid on the remaining two years, despite the ESPN report that he stepped down by mutual agreement?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm assuming Doc still gets paid on the remaining two years, despite the ESPN report that he stepped down by mutual agreement?
    He had a guaranteed contract so he was getting paid no matter what unless he was suspended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    quit on the Celtics just so the clippers could fire him.

Doc was always made so this is hilarious

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle meddling = Big payday for Rivers. I'd take the millions and buy an island. FTC....poison boy is in command.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    quit on the Celtics just so the clippers could fire him.

Doc was always made so this is hilarious
    Didn't the Celtics get a 1st round draft pick for Doc?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance to the tiest coach in the history of professional sports. Most blown 3-1 leads, most blown series leads, most Game 7 losses, worst winning percentage in potential clinching games. THREE TOTAL PLAYOFF SERIES WINS IN SEVEN YEARS despite having plenty of talent to work with. It actually defies logic how awful he is in the playoffs.

Next step is shipping out all the losers on the roster. Lou and Trez gotta go. Maybe even Playoff P too if Jerry can find a sucker team to bail us out.
    Nobody is taking on your awful players without taking some picks in exchange and you ain't got those, the best chance you have is getting a team willing to take your players in a salary dump, but I don't know if that's possible

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 more year was warranted IMO. This bubble was nuts.. Anything but typical..
    I mean he was already choking playoff leads before this season. How do you have all that talent through the years and do about the same as vinny del negro did coaching the team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude should retire - he's obviously snakebit re 3-1 leads. The look on his face when the Clips went up 3-1, trying to mask the panic and futility. He knew it was over.
    Who would hire him?
    "We like what Doc brings to our team - abject failure."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude should retire - he's obviously snakebit re 3-1 leads. The look on his face when the Clips went up 3-1, trying to mask the panic and futility. He knew it was over.
    Who would hire him?

"We like what Doc brings to our team - abject failure."
    Doc has a lot of charisma and is very manipulative I"m sure he could con somebody into hiring him. Look at a guy like D'Antoni who is a chronic failure but still gets chance after chance despite failing. If he doesn't get a job this year I'm sure he will be back somewhere in the next few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc will land somewhere based on name recognition. Philly would be a good fit. Enough talent for him to underachieve with like he has for all of his teams outside the 08 Celtics.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Surprised by this move but Pringles is probably the guy to get for this team. Rivers is a good head coach but he has his struggles. All those blown 3-1 leads though over the years has him out the door for sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    pg cucked doc daughter, now he cucks doc out of a job

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised by this move but Pringles is probably the guy to get for this team. Rivers is a good head coach but he has his struggles. All those blown 3-1 leads though over the years has him out the door for sure.
    I don't think Pringles is the answer either. He's a choker just like Doc is. Basically you are exchanging one choker for the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Phil Jackson. He's one of the best at winning it all when you're expected to.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1 more year was warranted IMO. This bubble was nuts.. Anything but typical..
    Come on that meltdown was epic even if not all his fault someone had to pay for it ...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good riddance to the tiest coach in the history of professional sports. Most blown 3-1 leads, most blown series leads, most Game 7 losses, worst winning percentage in potential clinching games. THREE TOTAL PLAYOFF SERIES WINS IN SEVEN YEARS despite having plenty of talent to work with. It actually defies logic how awful he is in the playoffs.

Next step is shipping out all the losers on the roster. Lou and Trez gotta go. Maybe even Playoff P too if Jerry can find a sucker team to bail us out.
    With both your whipping boys gone, who will you blame now?

The only teams trading for Choke-P3 are contenders who are willing to part with multiple role players that OKC could flip & the Cripples have a boat load. They can trade Harrell just like the Knicks signed Morris with the intention of flipping him in the future. For example, they can try going after Towns with draft picks + Harrell/Lou for salary matching purposes & placeholders.

One minute, Bucks were flawed b/c their star player couldn’t shoot. Next minute, the Bucks were flawed with a star player that can shoot

Yeah, Kiwi completely nuked the Raptors culture while Butler was a saint

Yeah, it was a case of being in a slump rather that being out of shape which explains why Montrez/Lou were blowing MULTIPLE point blank layups. They definitely would have definitely progressed to pre-Magic city shape in a week.
    Sure, but they can minimally get a comparable offer from the Bucks (conflicting reports of interest), 76ers or some unknown team. This is probably the last team they want to help. At thinking that pu pu platter would get them in the ballpark for Towns, if/when.

Uh, you can be flawed for multiple reasons, as I outlined. S bag isn't solving the lack of play making.

The Raptors were established; the Heat aren't and by all accounts, Butler has played a significant part in helping to forge or foster the chemistry.

Maybe not all the way, but even halfway could have made a difference.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Sure, but they can minimally get a comparable offer from the Bucks (conflicting reports of interest), 76ers or some unknown team. This is probably the last team they want to help. At thinking that pu pu platter would get them in the ballpark for Towns, if/when.
    What exactly are you calling a poo-poo platter when they have a million picks? They just need palatable out going contracts that isn’t going to make the Wolves think twice.

Uh, you can be flawed for multiple reasons, as I outlined. S bag isn't solving the lack of play making.
    They had Brogdon/Middleton who could get their own shots & have actually thrived in the postseason without Giannis unlike Siakam. Lopez could have gotten his playing PnP with Kawhi ala Ibaka. If anything it would have opened up driving lanes for Bledsoe to penetrate. At the end of the day, they struggled b/c Giannis couldn’t do shyt in the half-court which is Kawhi’s speciality (he had more half-court assists than Lowry vs. Sixers/Bucks).

The Raptors were established; the Heat aren't and by all accounts, Butler has played a significant part in helping to forge or foster the chemistry.

Maybe not all the way, but even halfway could have made a difference.
    Yeah, to the victor go the spoils. We all know how those narrative work. Lowry was an asshole & a choker but now all of a sudden he’s Joe Dumars despite the only thing changing being he was Kawhi’s teammate for a season. Chris Paul meanwhile will be slandered to his grave b/c he wasn’t granted the same privilege.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach uncle Dennis.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uncle meddling = Big payday for Rivers. I'd take the millions and buy an island. FTC....poison boy is in command.
    Yeah I'd take the money and then go run to ESPN for two years doing color again. Then come back and lead talent laden squads to mediocrity again.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We need to stop calling him "Doc" Rivers. He's done nothing to have a nickname. Glenn Anton Rivers is his name.

Glenn "I lost three different 3-1 leads" deserved to be fired. The great part? Short of Phil Jackson taking over (he won't; doesn't like the Logo), who can they get this year to get them over the 2nd round hump? Ty Lue? He's gonna run a variation of the sets Glenn ran.

And with the roster they have in place, it's flawed despite what Ballmer paid the media to say. Lemon Pepper Lou is useless if he's not hitting shots. Ditto for Trez and neither plays defense. Paul George is shot mentally - fully feeling the pressure of all the draft capital Logo gave up to get him - and the expectations that came with it. We are seeing first hand why he didn't have the balls to don the P&G. He doesn't like the heavy expectations. I'd trade Kuz and JR Smith for him tho. Sike!

And Kawhi has a degenerative condition that will probably always need load management. Zaza really did him wrong man. Damn.

Karma bit them in the ass. All that conniving they did with Uncle Dennis. Delaying the Lakers from signing Seth Curry (or other free agents) as they waited for his decision. Then they bragged about getting Kawhi to Bron's face, etc. And after all that the Lakers still made it to the Finals and their team is in shambles.

You hate to see it

Sike!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the Celtics get a 1st round draft pick for Doc?
    In that case the Spurs could get control over the Clips' draft for the next two decades (pick/swap/pick/swap etc) for Pop...

...if the Clips hadn't already given that away for the next 7 years. Damn.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    In that case the Spurs could get control over the Clips' draft for the next two decades (pick/swap/pick/swap etc) for Pop...

...if the Clips hadn't already given that away for the next 7 years. Damn.
    BAAAAAAHHHAAHAHA!! Nope! Pop would've been perfect. But...didnt Uncle Dennis burn that bridge too?

Thread Information