Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=LkrFan;10276954]We need to stop calling him "Doc" Rivers. He's done nothing to have a nickname. Glenn Anton Rivers is his name.

Glenn "I lost three different 3-1 leads" deserved to be fired. The great part? Short of Phil Jackson taking over (he won't; doesn't like the Logo), who can they get this year to get them over the 2nd round hump? Ty Lue? He's gonna run a variation of the sets Glenn ran.

And with the roster they have in place, it's flawed despite what Ballmer paid the media to say. Lemon Pepper Lou is useless if he's not hitting shots. Ditto for Trez and neither plays defense. Paul George is shot mentally - fully feeling the pressure of all the draft capital Logo gave up to get him - and the expectations that came with it. We are seeing first hand why he didn't have the balls to don the P&G. He doesn't like the heavy expectations. I'd trade Kuz and JR Smith for him tho. Sike!

And Kawhi has a degenerative condition that will probably always need load management. Zaza really did him wrong man. Damn.

Karma bit them in the ass. All that conniving they did with Uncle Dennis. Delaying the Lakers from signing Seth Curry (or other free agents) as they waited for his decision. Then they bragged about getting Kawhi to Bron's face, etc. And after all that the Lakers still made it to the Finals and their team is in shambles. You hate to see it

I cannot believe it but agree 100% with the above take. Clippers had a one year window (perhaps two is all went right) and it is near closed and was never as open as the fawning media made it out to be.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Not sure where people are getting all this Pringles stuff from. Last time the Logo was involved in a coaching search, he surprised everyone by hiring Kerr. The time before that, he hired Hubie Brown when everyone had assumed he was done with coaching. I suspect the choice won't be anyone the media's talking about.

Obradovic is a free agent right now, just saying.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Not sure where people are getting all this Pringles stuff from. Last time the Logo was involved in a coaching search, he surprised everyone by hiring Kerr. The time before that, he hired Hubie Brown when everyone had assumed he was done with coaching. I suspect the choice won't be anyone the media's talking about.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

jerry senile AF. he gonna surprise the world by hiring sam cassell

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=Rummpd;10277000]
    We need to stop calling him "Doc" Rivers. He's done nothing to have a nickname. Glenn Anton Rivers is his name.

Glenn "I lost three different 3-1 leads" deserved to be fired. The great part? Short of Phil Jackson taking over (he won't; doesn't like the Logo), who can they get this year to get them over the 2nd round hump? Ty Lue? He's gonna run a variation of the sets Glenn ran.

And with the roster they have in place, it's flawed despite what Ballmer paid the media to say. Lemon Pepper Lou is useless if he's not hitting shots. Ditto for Trez and neither plays defense. Paul George is shot mentally - fully feeling the pressure of all the draft capital Logo gave up to get him - and the expectations that came with it. We are seeing first hand why he didn't have the balls to don the P&G. He doesn't like the heavy expectations. I'd trade Kuz and JR Smith for him tho. Sike!

And Kawhi has a degenerative condition that will probably always need load management. Zaza really did him wrong man. Damn.

Karma bit them in the ass. All that conniving they did with Uncle Dennis. Delaying the Lakers from signing Seth Curry (or other free agents) as they waited for his decision. Then they bragged about getting Kawhi to Bron's face, etc. And after all that the Lakers still made it to the Finals and their team is in shambles. You hate to see it

I cannot believe it but agree 100% with the above take. Clippers had a one year window (perhaps two is all went right) and it is near closed and was never as open as the fawning media made it out to be.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I love West.
    But if he getting credit for hiring Kerr Stealing KD and stealing Zubac...
    He also is to blame for overpaying for sucker ass PG13 and running a ship that allowed Uncle Dennis and Playoff Pee to run amok..
    Can't have it both ways..
    West is like 80 years old.
    He wasn't running the day by day for Clippers or Golden state. He is an advisor with a sterling reputation...built on being the best GM for a very long time. Last time he was truly running was in Memphis.
    But it sounds better than Lawrence Frank running Basketball Ops.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I love West.
    But if he getting credit for hiring Kerr Stealing KD and stealing Zubac...
    He also is to blame for overpaying for sucker ass PG13 and running a ship that allowed Uncle Dennis and Playoff Pee to run amok..
    Can't have it both ways..
    West is like 80 years old.
    He wasn't running the day by day for Clippers or Golden state. He is an advisor with a sterling reputation...built on being the best GM for a very long time. Last time he was truly running was in Memphis.
    But it sounds better than Lawrence Frank running Basketball Ops.
    Jerry definitely signed off on this just like he signed off on Mark Jackson’s firing. #blkcoachkilla

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, Tim Duncan should go head coach there, re-connect with his friend, get out of a toxic situation with Poop tbh.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Honestly, Tim Duncan should go head coach there, re-connect with his friend, get out of a toxic situation with Poop tbh.
    Timmay was playing 4-D chess & planted a seed in Uncle Dennis so he can coach a super team ala Nash/Durant. (He was the only one of the Big 3 not to throw subliminal shots)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc has a lot of charisma and is very manipulative I"m sure he could con somebody into hiring him. Look at a guy like D'Antoni who is a chronic failure but still gets chance after chance despite failing. If he doesn't get a job this year I'm sure he will be back somewhere in the next few years.
    Any coach who loses 3 different 3-1 leads is not qualified to coach in the NBA. If he gets rehired, it will be due to racial politics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any coach who loses 3 different 3-1 leads is not qualified to coach in the NBA. If he gets rehired, it will be due to racial politics.
    I agree with you he should not ever coach again but it’s like anything in life which it comes down to politics more so than job performance. Doc will get another chance due to him knowing how to play politics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve "Lorena Bobbit" Balmer... trashing the .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA is guilty of promoting ineffective token personalities to coach in a compe ive league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With enough black coaches, people like Doc won't have a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Shams, he’ll meet with Philly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doc will get another job probably a promotion to some extent as he is overly respected despite playoff flameouts.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Doc will get another job probably a promotion to some extent as he is overly respected despite playoff flameouts.
    CIA Pop's successor

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Doc is a slick talker. He will talk another team into hiring him despite all his failures. From the sound of things, the Sixers are going to let him ruin Embiid and Simmons' careers.

Philly doesn't have a well-respected front office, so I could see Doc demanding some control over their roster too. Then he'll trade for Austin and give him another overpaid contract. When the Philly media starts asking him about this nepotism, he'll just say "look at the mess of a roster I inherited; we like Austin's defense, we really do."

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Doc is a slick talker. He will talk another team into hiring him despite all his failures. From the sound of things, the Sixers are going to let him ruin Embiid and Simmons' careers.

Philly doesn't have a well-respected front office, so I could see Doc demanding some control over their roster too. Then
    he'll trade for Austin and give him another overpaid contract. When the Philly media starts asking him about this nepotism, he'll just say "look at the mess of a roster I inherited; we like Austin's defense, we really do."
    Blake/Choke-P3 redux, he’s going to blame their short coming on injuries while playing Ennis over Thybulle

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it only took him a minute to get a new job.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    LMAO Ballmer asked Doc to draft Michael Porter Jr. and Doc and front office told him that MPJ was undraftable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it only took him a minute to get a new job.
    Yeah and look who hired him, Elton Brand. Black man hiring another black man. That's the only reason he got the job

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    LMAO Ballmer asked Doc to draft Michael Porter Jr. and Doc and front office told him that MPJ was undraftable.
    Doc: Trust me, I’m a doctor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and look who hired him, Elton Brand. Black man hiring another black man. That's the only reason he got the job
    At racists logic or lack thereof. Somehow all these white guys getting hired isn't due to this, but this one was conveniently was.

1) Rivers is mixed. 2) Ownership plays a role (sometimes significantly so) in head coaching decisions. 3) Right or wrong, Rivers is a high profile coach and big market/star teams generally hire those types.

The genius Pop has coached teams who've been swept 4 times, something Rivers coached teams have never had done to them.
    Last edited by TD 21; 10-02-2020 at 03:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting side point.

The Clippers reportedly fired Doc Rivers in part because of Michael Porter Jr.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba...cid=uxbndlbing

Thread Information