Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    I'm giving it to Rodgers because he's the one with the better statistical season, and the MVP really is all about that, not about who the real most valuable player is. That to me is Mahomes, tbh. No other guy would have the Chiefs 14-1 with that ty ass offensive line. Some QB's might have the awareness and mobility to escape constant pressure, but only Mahomes has the field vision and ability to complete throws from any arm angle and from any plataform. No other guy can throw a perfect 40 yards bomb with 3 guys on his face while backpedalling for 7, 8 steps. I used to think a guy like Wilson could easily be replicating what Mahomes is doing if being put on the same situation, but after seeing all of his games this season, I'm finally starting to appreciate just how special this guy is.
    Last edited by DAF86; 12-29-2020 at 09:36 PM.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Also, Allen has totals of 4750 yards and 43 TDs. He's closer to Rodgers and Mahomes than people give him credit for.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No other guy can throw a perfect 40 yards bomb with 3 guys on his face while backpedalling for 7, 8 steps.
    It's cute you think he is the only QB capable. Like he's the only one able to throw a no look pass to a Tight End (!)

No other QB has the privilege or "swag" arrogance to attempt that knowing it could cost their team the game, division etc. Mahomes knows he will get bailed out by his loaded roster and playing in that division.

Mahomes is the Curry of the NFL. Great player but immensely privileged.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    I don't respect Mahomes simply because Alex Smith looked good in that system, and Mahomes wasn't anything coming out of college.

Rodgers is better.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    It's cute you think he is the only QB capable. Like he's the only one able to throw a no look pass to a Tight End (!)

No other QB has the privilege or "swag" arrogance to attempt that knowing it could cost their team the game, division etc. Mahomes knows he will get bailed out by his loaded roster and playing in that division.

Mahomes is the Curry of the NFL. Great player but immensely privileged.
    Who said anything about no-look passes? Honest question, how many guys you know that escape the pressure by backpedalling for like 10-15 yards and, without even setting their feet, hit a 40 yards bomb on the money?

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Rodgers wins

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    New year has been busier than all 2020 combined so I haven't had the chance to update any of this I did this year. But, yeah, Rodgers is the MVP, imho.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    MVP: Aaron Rodgers - 4299 yds (268.7 ypg) - 48 TDs - 5 INTs - 70.7 compt% - 149 rushing yds (9.3 ypg) - 3 rushing TDs - 4 fumbles - 121.5 QBR - 84.4 TQBR

Rodgers has been greatly inflated on his comparisson with Mahomes, mainly on the supporting cast department. Sure, Mahomes has Hill and Kelce, but Rodgers has Adams and Tonyan, who are both pro-bowl type players in their own right. The difference is that Rodgers also has a running game and the best O-line in the game, who, imho, are the most important players for an offense after the QB. With good enough pass protection, receivers will get open eventually. He clearly has the best supporting cast of any QB in the league, imho. That being said, Rodgers just put up one of the greatest individual seasons ever and he clearly deserves the award.

2- Pat Mahomes - 4740 yds (316 ypg) - 38 TDs - 6 INTS - 66.3 compt% - 287 rushing yds (20.5 ypg) - 2 rushing TDs - 5 fumbles - 108.2 QBR - 82.7 TQBR

Mahomes' season is being hugely underrated. Folks are even ranking Allen and Henry over him, that's just ridiculous. The dude just virtually put up a 5k yards/40 TD/ 6 INTS season with only 1 loss. In my eyes, he was trully the most valuable player of this season (I don't see any other guy going 14-1 behind that below average O-line); but MVP doesn't go to the actual most valuable player in the league, it goes to the guy that put up the greatest statistical season, and that was clearly Rodgers.

3- Josh Allen - 4544 yds (288 ypg) - 37 TDs - 10 INTs - 69.2 compt % - 421 rushing yds (26.3 ypg) - 8 rushing TDs - 9 fumbles - 12 receiving yards - 1 receiving TD - 107.2 QBR - 81.7 TQBR

4977 total yards and 46 total TD's. That's an instant MVP on any other season.

4- Derrick Henry - 2027 rushing yds (126.7 ypg) - 5.4 ypc - 17 rushing TDs - 3 fumbles - 114 receiving yds (7.1 ypg) - 6 ypr - 0 receiving TDs

Running backs aren't really all that valuable, imvho, but these numbers are just impossible to ignore on today's NFL. If anything, he deserves props for managing such a workload without his knees exploding.

5- Russell Wilson - 4212 yds (263.3 ypg) - 40 TDs - 13 INTs - 68.8 compt % - 513 rushing yds (32.1 ypg) - 2 rushing TDs - 7 fumbles - 105.1 QBR - 73.7 TQBR

Whatever happened to this guy on the second half of the season.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Historically great MVP race, tbh. We have 4 guys that would have won the award in 90% of the other seasons. No fans in the stadium might have had something to do with it, imho.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    MVP: Aaron Rodgers - 4299 yds (268.7 ypg) - 48 TDs - 5 INTs - 70.7 compt% - 149 rushing yds (9.3 ypg) - 3 rushing TDs - 4 fumbles - 121.5 QBR - 84.4 TQBR

Rodgers has been greatly inflated on his comparisson with Mahomes, mainly on the supporting cast department. Sure, Mahomes has Hill and Kelce, but Rodgers has Adams and Tonyan, who are both pro-bowl type players in their own right. The difference is that Rodgers also has a running game and the best O-line in the game, who, imho, are the most important players for an offense after the QB. With good enough pass protection, receivers will get open eventually. He clearly has the best supporting cast of any QB in the league, imho. That being said, Rodgers just put up one of the greatest individual seasons ever and he clearly deserves the award.

2- Pat Mahomes - 4740 yds (316 ypg) - 38 TDs - 6 INTS - 66.3 compt% - 287 rushing yds (20.5 ypg) - 2 rushing TDs - 5 fumbles - 108.2 QBR - 82.7 TQBR

Mahomes' season is being hugely underrated. Folks are even ranking Allen and Henry over him, that's just ridiculous. The dude just virtually put up a 5k yards/40 TD/ 6 INTS season with only 1 loss. In my eyes, he was trully the most valuable player of this season (I don't see any other guy going 14-1 behind that below average O-line); but MVP doesn't go to the actual most valuable player in the league, it goes to the guy that put up the greatest statistical season, and that was clearly Rodgers.

3- Josh Allen - 4544 yds (288 ypg) - 37 TDs - 10 INTs - 69.2 compt % - 421 rushing yds (26.3 ypg) - 8 rushing TDs - 9 fumbles - 12 receiving yards - 1 receiving TD - 107.2 QBR - 81.7 TQBR

4977 total yard and 46 total TD's. That's an instant MVP on any other season.

4- Derrick Henry - 2027 rushing yds (126.7 ypg) - 5.4 ypc - 17 rushing TDs - 3 fumbles - 114 receiving yds (7.1 ypg) - 6 ypr - 0 receiving TDs

Running backs aren't really all that valuable, imvho, but these numbers are just impossible to ignore on today's NFL. If anything, he deserves props for managing such a workload without his knees exploding.

5- Russell Wilson - 4212 yds (263.3 ypg) - 40 TDs - 13 INTs - 68.8 compt % - 513 rushing yds (32.1 ypg) - 2 rushing TDs - 7 fumbles - 105.1 QBR - 73.7 TQBR

Great resume. Not sure if Wilson is top 5 though.

Great points about Mahomes vs Rodgers. Mahomes underperformed in the last weeks tbh. But he had some great comebacks and helped to protect a lot of small leads. He was extremely valuable. It felt like he was winning games for Chiefs. Mahomes is the better qb now imho. He has almost perfect skillset. He's not as pinpoint accurate as Rodgers, but he gets better in this regard every season.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Great resume. Not sure if Wilson is top 5 though.

Great points about Mahomes vs Rodgers. Mahomes underperformed in the last weeks tbh. But he had some great comebacks and helped to protect a lot of small leads. He was extremely valuable. It felt like he was winning games for Chiefs. Mahomes is the better qb now imho. He has almost perfect skillset. He's not as pinpoint accurate as Rodgers, but he gets better in this regard every season.
    I almost put Tompa Tom over Russell, but comparing their numbers, Russell has the better QBR, TQBR and passing %. Add to that what he can do with his feet and I ended up going with Wilson.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I almost put Tompa Tom over Russell, but comparing their numbers, Russell has the better QBR, TQBR and passing %. Add to that what he can do with his feet and I ended up going with Wilson.
    IMO that will be the NFC championship game. Tom vs Russ. Best two teams in the NFC. Saints have a tendency to lay eggs in the playoffs and the Packers are frauds.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

4977 total yards and 46 total TD's. That's an instant MVP on any other season.

Henry came out the same year as Zeke... wtf happened to Zeke, tbh?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Just like 2011, Fraudgers is going to win MVP and then go one and done despite a gaudy record and the #1 NFC seed

I'm giving it to Rodgers because he's the one with the better statistical season, and the MVP really is all about that, not about who the real most valuable player is. That to me is Mahomes, tbh.
    AP sports media writers.

Agree it's Patty. Nice year by Twinkle Toes but no ones doing it like Patty right now.

Thread Information