Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he aint traded we will be fighting for that 9th spot. Id trade both him and Aldridge for basically nothing, just so we can tank, get a good pick and get some free agents. There is no one on this roster other than probably Keldon that deserves to be safe.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather gamble having one last year of DD playing at his bubble level, then taking on years of garbage from some other team, because that’s what we would get. LA is who needs to be traded. To me that should be obvious after watching how the team played in the bubble without him.
    I wouldn't put nearly as much stock into the team's bubble play as I do in the regular season. All but the 8-seed was already set in stone, so for most teams the Spurs played, the 8-game bubble schedule was a glorified preseason. No one can really believe the Spurs were a good team and Phoenix an elite one based on bubble records.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why everyone's so low on this year's draft, tbh. No superstars-to-be, for sure, but that isn't a problem for the Spurs - and all the cir stances that limit scouting allow teams with good drafting departments, like our very own, to shine. I'd be extremely happy to see the Spurs trade one of DD or LMA for an extra first - not only because there's a lot of very interesting prospects we could reasonably develop, but also because it'd be a clear step forward in terms of accepting, and embracing, a rebuilding process.

I have no doubts in my mind that, if the Spurs run it back as-is, they'll be trying to aim for the POs, in one of the worst years to be doing so. Shipping one of our "stars" relieves the Spurs of all pressure to compete. And it's not even like we'd run out of vets to coach the youngings... Rudy still there, Coach Patty still there, LMA/DD still there, Marco will probably be ing resigned and still be there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep him. He's one of two people on our team that can dribble a basketball. Just saying
    Well there is that 'dribbling thing' to consider.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put nearly as much stock into the team's bubble play as I do in the regular season. All but the 8-seed was already set in stone, so for most teams the Spurs played, the 8-game bubble schedule was a glorified preseason. No one can really believe the Spurs were a good team and Phoenix an elite one based on bubble records.
    I’m not disagreeing. But I feel fairly confident that the roster with LA and DD is doomed. DD would likely return to the player many couldn’t stand. In the bubble there was a glimpse of life without LA and I liked it for its potential. So I don’t think I’m being optimistically naive about DD. I suppose I’m mostly cynical about what long-term contracts we would have to take on just to get rid of DD, and that is what I feel would be worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If both stay there going to be fighting who takes the ball cause both want to prove themselves to get that next contract it will be about there numbers not team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not disagreeing. But I feel fairly confident that the roster with LA and DD is doomed. DD would likely return to the player many couldn’t stand. In the bubble there was a glimpse of life without LA and I liked it for its potential. So I don’t think I’m being optimistically naive about DD. I suppose I’m mostly cynical about what long-term contracts we would have to take on just to get rid of DD, and that is what I feel would be worse.
    Just cut DeRozan then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just cut DeRozan then.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs can probably trade one of LA/DD to a contender or maybe both, if DD decides to opt in. A few teams might be interested in adding LMA for a year to give them a serious push (BOS, BKN, MIA) in the frontcourt so i think he may be easier to trade.

I think a Hayward for Aldridge swap be solid for both teams. Assuming DD opts in of course, because there is room on the roster for one of them but definitely not both. And DD played well in the bubble and looked good with the young guys and is slightly younger than LMA so i think i would prefer to keep DD over LMA at this point anyway

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they must be traded (lma and ddr). Theres no reason to keep them. Trade them for younger players or picks. Just dont let them go with nothing in return pls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can probably trade one of LA/DD to a contender or maybe both, if DD decides to opt in. A few teams might be interested in adding LMA for a year to give them a serious push (BOS, BKN, MIA) in the frontcourt so i think he may be easier to trade.

I think a Hayward for Aldridge swap be solid for both teams. Assuming DD opts in of course, because there is room on the roster for one of them but definitely not both. And DD played well in the bubble and looked good with the young guys and is slightly younger than LMA so i think i would prefer to keep DD over LMA at this point anyway
    No thanks. Magaward is on the wrong side of 30, is due $34 million, and was next to worthless in the ECF. And DeRozan looked like in the actual year, I don't care if he put up numbers in the glorified 8 game bubble pre-playoff exhibition.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just cut DeRozan then.
    Or trade LA instead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or trade LA instead.
    I'd dump DeRozan either way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see what holding onto DeRozan accomplishes. The Spurs can't win a le with him-- that's for sure-- so what's the point? I'd rather see a season of Keldon Johnson and Samanic getting minutes and experience, even if it means missing the playoffs. Another year of DeRozan playing lots of minutes, having a tepid influence on winning, and the Spurs being a complete nonfactor in the playoffs doesn't accomplish anything, except stunting the growth of young players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just don't see what holding onto DeRozan accomplishes. The Spurs can't win a le with him-- that's for sure-- so what's the point? I'd rather see a season of Keldon Johnson and Samanic getting minutes and experience, even if it means missing the playoffs. Another year of DeRozan playing lots of minutes, having a tepid influence on winning, and the Spurs being a complete nonfactor in the playoffs doesn't accomplish anything, except stunting the growth of young players.
    DePression doesn't even get them to the playoffs anyways much less give them a chance to win a le, so I don't see the point in keeping such a limited player who is on the wrong side of 30 and it's only downhill from here. They were on pace to win 35 games when the season got called. All DeRozan is is someone in the way now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article says Milwaukee, NY, and Charlotte are the interested parties. Does anyone have any idea what those trades would look like? I could see NY and Charlotte coming up with something compelling but, I can't see the Bucks having anything we'd want (that they'd give up).

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The article says Milwaukee, NY, and Charlotte are the interested parties. Does anyone have any idea what those trades would look like? I could see NY and Charlotte coming up with something compelling but, I can't see the Bucks having anything we'd want (that they'd give up).
    i guess how spurs offer could look a like: 3 x 1st rounders + filler for ddr

bucks has completely nothing to offer and ddr just doesnt fit to their roster so i really dont understand why they are interested.

NYK, as i said before, is the best trade partner. Firstly they have pretty decent young guys to build a package around: randle, knox, ntilikina and ofc a great picks (a lottery every year ). Plus i can see them overpaying for a star which could be a huge benefit for us.

charlotte is a mystery to me. Theres nothing id want except devonte but imo hes untouchable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do y’all feel about targeting Chris Paul for Demar?

I don’t hate the idea. Maybe we can also get a Future 1st if we throw in Murray.

Chris Paul/Patty
    White/Lonnie
    Johnson/Luka
    LA/Lyles
    Poetle/1st?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i guess how spurs offer could look a like: 3 x 1st rounders + filler for ddr

bucks has completely nothing to offer and ddr just doesnt fit to their roster so i really dont understand why they are interested.

NYK, as i said before, is the best trade partner. Firstly they have pretty decent young guys to build a package around: randle, knox, ntilikina and ofc a great picks (a lottery every year ). Plus i can see them overpaying for a star which could be a huge benefit for us.

charlotte is a mystery to me. Theres nothing id want except devonte but imo hes untouchable.
    Charlotte gets interesting if they include their pick. NY, I agree is the best trade partner of those 3, Randle, Ntilikina, and their pick would do it. I'd then like to move Murray for another pick elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t hate the idea. Maybe we can also get a Future 1st if we throw in Murray.

Chris Paul/Patty
    White/Lonnie
    Johnson/Luka
    LA/Lyles
    Poetle/1st?
    With Paul's $44.2 million 2022 payday it would have to be something like Paul + SGA for DeRozan + Gay. Which I don't think OKC would do since they're not in danger of hitting the luxury tax for 2021 nor 2022 anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can definitely see Milwaukee being interested, especially since all the pressure is on the FO to build a true contender for next season or else Giannis bolts. With DD only having a year left on his contract, that's a great fit and no long-term damage done if they don't win it all. But I don't see how the Spurs get that trade off without some sort of bad salary coming our way, most likely Bledsoe. It would depend on the picks involved... There's a real chance MWK goes back to the bottom of the barrel, in the near future. It's a risk I'd definitely take, since we get the added bonus of a Derozan-less team.

I can't see the Knicks trading for DD/LMA at all. They're very stupid, but not that much. Charlotte I think has finally learned the lesson after the Kemba situation - I could see a trade if DD was more marketable, but he's not really a guy that puts butts in seats. I also haven't heard any reports of the Hornets looking for a player like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh....he might be coveted by some other teams. If the Spurs can get younger and build for the future, I'd certainly trade him.

I'd prefer that we reload at this point. We know we're, at best, an 8 seed with what we have. And with teams like the Suns, Pelicans, Grizz and certainly the Warriors being better next season, I don't see this Spurs squad making the playoffs even if they're playing at their best. This group could play their hearts out and still be 11 in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh....he might be coveted by some other teams. If the Spurs can get younger and build for the future, I'd certainly trade him.

I'd prefer that we reload at this point. We know we're, at best, an 8 seed with what we have. And with teams like the Suns, Pelicans, Grizz and certainly the Warriors being better next season, I don't see this Spurs squad making the playoffs even if they're playing at their best. This group could play their hearts out and still be 11 in the West.
    We know they were effectively a 35 win team. There is no reason whatsoever to bring back a loser of a team. Get what you can for Aldridge as long as it's not taking crap back and just get out from under DeRozan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chris Paul/Patty
    White/Lonnie
    Johnson/Luka
    LA/Lyles
    Poetle/1st?

Okc is in rebuild mode. No need for them to trade for demar unless a third team is involved

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okc is in rebuild mode. No need for them to trade for demar unless a third team is involved
    They'd be dumping his $86 million contract.

Thread Information