Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not a substantive article. It's what many of us have been suggesting and/or hoping for...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He makes no sense in Milwuakee, tbh. I don't see how he and Giannis could co-exist.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He makes no sense in Milwuakee, tbh. I don't see how he and Giannis could co-exist.
    I mean really, where does he make sense in 2020 with no three point shooting and no defensive ability? If the Spurs can dump him for any asset without taking bad contracts back they should do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't make sense for the first 40 mins or so in MIL, but theoretically he's that guard that can close games that they supposedly need since Antetokounmpo can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean really, where does he make sense in 2020 with no three point shooting and no defensive ability? If the Spurs can dump him for any asset without taking bad contracts back they should do it.
    Any bad team desperate to make the playoffs is a good destination for DeRozan, imho. Someone like the Pistons or Kincks, for example.

Also, I think he could fit really well in GS as a supercharged version of Livingston. We know the Raptors are a good fit, at least for the regular season. There are some places where DeRozan makes sense, Milwuakee isn't one of them, tbh.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any bad team desperate to make the playoffs is a good destination for DeRozan, imho.
    So then just keep him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't make sense for the first 40 mins or so in MIL, but theoretically he's that guard that can close games that they supposedly need since Antetokounmpo can't.
    They have a better option for that in Middleton. A DeRozan/Giannis lineup would be starving for spacing in the final minutes of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then just keep him?
    The Spurs were that team these last couple of seasons, I want to believe they have moved from that position since the streak is finally over, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then just keep him?

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then just keep him?

BAM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have a better option for that in Middleton. A DeRozan/Giannis lineup would be starving for spacing in the final minutes of games.
    Not disagreeing since we've seen his "closing" first-hand, but he was pretty good at it in the bubble. The Bucks FO might be willing to bet on it since his contract expires after the season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any bad team desperate to make the playoffs is a good destination for DeRozan, imho. Someone like the Pistons or Kincks, for example.

Also, I think he could fit really well in GS as a supercharged version of Livingston. We know the Raptors are a good fit, at least for the regular season. There are some places where DeRozan makes sense, Milwuakee isn't one of them, tbh.
    Interesting the Warriors could actually be a good fit for him. Derozan is a good play maker for his position and he would be a good compliment to Klay/Steph.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i love ddr’s game personally but won’t cry about any spur being parted ways with except ............. nah any current spur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like DDs game. He isn't worth a big extention but I want him to stay. But FO need to sort out the balance of the team. Bobby Hield would be my target.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indiana is experiencing some turmoil. Or, about to. Oladipo and turner are rumored to want out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure I'll touch Oladipo. He had like one amazing year. To bet on that reoccurring after the injury is a risk. I like Turner but he doesn't fit and unlikely to earn his contract.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, problem is we’d have to take some long term $$ back. But something like Brook Lopez, Illasyva expiring, and DJ Wilson would be good. Would want nothing to do with Middleton or Bledsoe deals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't think Bucks make sense for us. Knicks is possible, depending on the package. Maybe charlotte works -- they would certainly try to base it around Batum ... Would need multiple pics to make work.
    Last edited by lmbebo; 09-29-2020 at 07:07 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are too focused on shooting and ignore the other aspects to spacing. DMDR as an iso/midrange dribbler needs to have the ball in his hands all the time. DeRozan as a down-hill aggressive play-maker can certainly help a team. He basically needs to be more like Prime Parker and less like Rudy Gay. If he does that, he'll be able to get by without shooting, just as a number of good players have been able to.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would rather gamble having one last year of DD playing at his bubble level, then taking on years of garbage from some other team, because that’s what we would get. LA is who needs to be traded. To me that should be obvious after watching how the team played in the bubble without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly this year is the best year to trade our vets, gain experience for our young guys and transition to the new generation by getting another 1st rounder somehow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think Spurs need, or even want another first rounder in such a meh draft. Trade vets, fine, but get a future first. Just drafting at 11, we'll have six firsts in the last five drafts. That’s enough development for now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, selling vets now is a bad time. You need vets for the young guys. Last off season I predicted what the Spurs would do. I have no idea this time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    keep him. He's one of two people on our team that can dribble a basketball. Just saying

Thread Information