Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In some cases. I have personal experience that indicates direct contact with infected individuals is not leading to notifications for the reasons I stated.
    There's nothing of what you said that contradicts what I said. Contact tracing means you're notified that you were recently in close contact with somebody that reported being infected.

That means you either have to quarantine and/or take a test.

The biggest issue with a solution on contact tracing in this country is the lack of organization for a single, viable and privacy conscious solution. If you have every state rolling out their own , and it doesn't interoperate, then yeah, you have a problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how HIPPA enters the equation at all. Almost every system I know relies on self-reporting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing of what you said that contradicts what I said. Contact tracing means you're notified that you were recently in close contact with somebody that reported being infected.
    Unless magic happens, the patient has to have recollection and willingness to identify those in close contact. Otherwise all bets are off. This seems intuitive. "Who were you in close contact with?"... you really want to base all your contact tracing on this one lead?
    That means you either have to quarantine and/or take a test.
    If you are identified. See above.
    The biggest issue with a solution on contact tracing in this country is the lack of organization for a single, viable and privacy conscious solution. If you have every state rolling out their own , and it doesn't interoperate, then yeah, you have a problem.
    That's what happens. You either trust the patient who doesn't have to tell you , or you make some bland statement about washing hands and wearing masks, and tracking your temp. Sorry, but what you're saying is just wishful thinking in a country with 50 individual governments with countless sub-governments who all get decision making powers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see how HIPPA enters the equation at all. Almost every system I know relies on self-reporting.
    HIPPA means no one can say "person X tested positive, were you in contact with them?"

Self reporting what exactly? If you test positive and you give a few names, does that satisfy the contact tracing needs? Do you think countries who do real contact tracing honor patient privacy?

Again, all you need is a series of check boxes.. who were you in contact with. Then those who chose the actual COVID patient get their names presented to said patient for verification. This prevents people from getting quarantine days off by selecting everyone on the list.

When you walk into a business, get on the elevator and go to multiple floors and interface with a myriad of people for whatever reason, do you recall everyone you spoke to, do you know who you were on the elevator with? Do they know you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless magic happens, the patient has to have recollection and willingness to identify those in close contact. Otherwise all bets are off. This seems intuitive. "Who were you in close contact with?"... you really want to base all your contact tracing on this one lead?
    It doesn't work like that at all. I'm not sure what systems you used, but the ones I've seen generate a random token per person, transmit and collect the token through Bluetooth LE when they're around other devices, and once one of the persons uses the app to notify he's been infected, all the other people with the token get notified.

Digital tokens do not contain any personal information, cannot be used to track people, and somebody stealing/publishing tokens do not lead to the leak of any personal identifiable information. They're also HIPPA compliant as they don't contain any medical records.

That's what happens. You either trust the patient who doesn't have to tell you , or you make some bland statement about washing hands and wearing masks, and tracking your temp. Sorry, but what you're saying is just wishful thinking in a country with 50 individual governments with countless sub-governments who all get decision making powers.
    It isn't wishful thinking at all. We have similar standards for a million things, from credit card readers to actual Bluetooth, Wifi, etc. Too many to list. All it takes is a federal government that sets what the standard is and regulates it. You know, leadership, something we're sorely lacking right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    HIPPA means no one can say "person X tested positive, were you in contact with them?"

Self reporting what exactly? If you test positive and you give a few names, does that satisfy the contact tracing needs? Do you think countries who do real contact tracing honor patient privacy?

Again, all you need is a series of check boxes.. who were you in contact with. Then those who chose the actual COVID patient get their names presented to said patient for verification. This prevents people from getting quarantine days off by selecting everyone on the list.

When you walk into a business, get on the elevator and go to multiple floors and interface with a myriad of people for whatever reason, do you recall everyone you spoke to, do you know who you were on the elevator with? Do they know you?
    See my post above, you're completely lost on how this tech works.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you actually want the nuts and bolts, see Apple's spec:

https://covid19.apple.com/contacttracing

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    When the dollar falls or atleast stops being the global standard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you're proposing would be fine if everyone had it and it was always on their person. That's not what's happening now. I talked about what's happening now. RIGHT NOW people aren't carrying this tech so real contact tracing cannot happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree with the OP. I lived through a military dictatorship. It doesn't look anything like this.

That said, the fact that we're not there yet doesn't mean we're not on the path. We clearly have individuals in power that couldn't care less about Democracy, and that's indeed dangerous.
    you claim your anecdote from a different country invalidates his anecdote from his country.

so why does your anecdote that negate his anecdote?

and why is your anecdote true (for everywhere?) and his isn't?

do all failed states have the same characteristics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless magic happens,

you can say that again

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just maths...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_pyramid

Thread Information