Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I think the combination of high brains/accuracy and still the ability to run fast and be agile is overwhelming tbh...

97 passing yards in a game you're losing by double digits since early in the 2nd quarter... Dak would have had 400+ last night against KC. (Maybe in a loss, but still.)

Mahomes
    Wilson
    Murray
    Dak

are tearing up the league. Maybe I missed one? Idk. Mixed race is the future, tbh.

Meanwhile...

Lamar Jackson is extremely limited as a passer, and that won't change. He's Michael Vick 2.0, no more and no less. Surrounded by a great team and coach, and best special teams in the NFL for the past 10 years, but that won't get him a super bowl. RG3, his backup, the wonderboy of 2012, is still in the league somehow because the Ravens want as similar-to-Jackson of a backup as possible.

Teddy Bridgewater... nope. Panthers are gonna tank and if they end up with Fields, nope again. Jameis/Haskins 2.0.

Dwayne Haskins is just atrocious. The Washington Whatever franchise is laughably bad.

Jameis Winston is out of a starting job. Getting paid practice squad money as the QB3.

Cam Newton was out of a starting job.... for the Patriots he has been impressive, but he's obviously got his limitations, as well as the team. Jury still out.

Tom Brady still continues to impress into his mid 40s. His lack of mobility is his limitation. He needs pocket protection and quality skill players to get open, which he has. Pass protection is gradually improving for the Bucs.

Aaron Rodgers is playing at an MVP level in his late 30s.

Drew Brees played at an MVP level, up until this year.

Carson Wentz was a great white QB in 2017, but then he tried to be black and got hurt and has never been the same since. But, as bad as Wentz has been, Jalen Hurts hasn't seen the field, despite breaking records in college.

Ryan Tannehill is 3-0 and has continued his run with spearheading the ans' return to AFC contention relevance.

Deshaun Watson, meanwhile, is 0-3, and his offense has looked static, and anemic at times.

Josh Allen is Tim Tebow with a better set of weapons and actually throws a spiral instead of a duck, and his team is winning.

Jared Goff has been impressive, even after the loss of Gurley, Cooks, poor defense, and departures on the O-Line.

Despite the 0-3 start, Matt Ryan has looked quite good thus far. Their defense can't defend with the lead, unfortunately.

Stafford is still a lower-top 10 QB. Still clutch and should be 2-1.

Derek Carr is playing well.

Baker Mayfield has looked better this year so far. Joe Burrow looks like a future MVP candidate in a few years after a few good drafts in Cincinnati.

Big Ben is coming off a missed season and playing at an elite level in his late 30s.

Big Nick Foles is fearless and perhaps the most accurate deep passer while under pressure in the NFL.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Wilson is full black

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Wilson is full black
    you really believe that?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Steadily you are seeing athletic white QBs appear. There will be another shift in the coming years.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Steadily you are seeing athletic white QBs appear. There will be another shift in the coming years.
    I don't really consider Josh Allen all that athletic, any more so than an average NFL white tight end. He just is fearless, that's all.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    so dak is tearing it up and yet you want the cowboys to move on from him?

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    all those QBs are black

I called this in 2015, I will find the thread. It was over for white QBs a year sooner than I predicted

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    all those QBs are black

I called this in 2015, I will find the thread. It was over for white QBs a year sooner than I predicted
    It is just Mahomes and Wilson. Jackson doesn't belong in this conversation.

Let's talk when Rodgers retires. Next projected star is Lawrence.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    ^^^

Drafting a whte QB in 2020

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    ^^^

Are we discussing stat padding or leading a team to Super Bowl le?

3 of those guys run gimmicky offenses

The best QB is the man with the best system, it always has been in the NFL. The top tier have always had a similar level of talent.

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    The best QB is the man with the best system, it always has been in the NFL. The top tier have always had a similar level of talent.
    Roethlisberger is better than Brees all time, it's just the difference between Tomlin and Payton

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ^^^

Lawrence is projected to be similar to Mahomes except with an even better arm, imagine that.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i dno about better arm talent. he might be more mechanically sound in some ways, but mahomes has all the unorthodox throwing angles that make him impossible to predict

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i dno about better arm talent. he might be more mechanically sound in some ways, but mahomes has all the unorthodox throwing angles that make him impossible to predict
    So he can move and scramble and throw on the move like Mahomes, but his throwing mechanics are like a prime Tampa Tom in New England.... got it.

Whoever gets Lawrence is getting a true dynasty cornerstone. He is a better prospect than Luck, Cam, really the best since Manning who was obviously not as mobile. He's the best draft prospect in sports since LeBron in '03 and the best in football since Peyton.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Joe Burrow already overtook Lamar Jackson

Thread Information