View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Precious Achiuwa

4 5.33%
  • Patrick Williams

19 25.33%
  • Aleksej Pokusevski

11 14.67%
  • Aaron Nesmith

3 4.00%
  • Jalen Smith

25 33.33%
  • Saddiq Bey

6 8.00%
  • Isaiah Stewart

1 1.33%
  • Tyler Bey

0 0%
  • Kira Lewis Jr.

3 4.00%
  • RJ Hampton

3 4.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You voted for Smith and he's pretty similar to Vassell in terms of having a very defined, low, role playing ceiling, tbh. In fact, I would argue Smith is more of a finished product than Vassell, tbh.
    I was just trying to reason why some guys here don't like him.

I don't mind him at #11, but I prefer Jalen due to him being a frontcourt player with a modern skillset.

He must improve his lateral movement and passing ability.
    But the most vital part is his PnR defense.
    He projects as a drop big exclusively, but his ceiling dependa on the progress he makes on that end.

With that I'd take him over Vassell ( a 3 & D wing with some shot creation ) simply because I think a rim protector with a jumper and a solid inside game who won't be clueless on the perimeter is more valuable than a wing player with similar skills.

A lot of ifs, I know.
    Last edited by JuneJive; 09-29-2020 at 07:33 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tacko Falls younger brother.

Nacho Fall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Still 1-2 in my mind, and I'd be happy getting both in a Murray trade. But I do think I've seen enough good from Smith to slightly prefer him this time around.
    You are really giving up on Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we, (the Spurs), genuinely believe a star can be developed out of anyone with the right tools, talent and character -I would take a long look at Jaden McDaniels. My highest ceiling, swing for the fences pick.

If we playing it safe, think Kira Lewis would be my guy but worry what that means for DJ or White and their future with the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving him for a lottery pick would be pretty good value considering he will cost $16m/yr from now on and he still doesn't look ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's assume the Spurs are able to draft Smith and 'smith with their two picks (natural and Murray trade) and get Reed at 41.

The roster would look like this:

White, Mills, Weatherspoon
    Johnson, Nesmith
    DeRozan, Walker
    Lyles, Gay, Samanic, Reed
    Aldridge, Poeltl, Smith

They could draft a guard instead of Reed or sign Campazzo to take over running the second unit. It just seems a good mix of talent with room to grow and remain flexible with the crazy cap projections.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of the options, at 11, I would take Poku still. He's the only one of the options on the list that has a real chance of being a special player, which is what we need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last Month: Williams , This Month: Williams
    Top 3: Hayes, Williams, Kira

Double down on possible creators.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell should easily be on this list. Out of the hundred or so drafts that are out there he lands to the Spurs (or past) in almost half.

Tyler Bey is typically in the 20’s so that’s interesting too.

I will say that Smith is an interesting prospect but I’d prefer to somehow get another pick in the late teens to get him rather than using 11 on him.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, **only positives**. I feel like most people only read positives about a player and get carried away with how good they think a prospect is.

Heh. That's the damn truth. I was reading a mock earlier this evening, and they were talking about Cassius Winston, like he was some overlooked gem. Somebody was obviously doing sorts on stats databases and he shook out.

Boy doesn't play a lick of defense - like none. Looks good on paper, though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it you? I responded early on to someone liking Jalen by saying I thought he was a Serge Ibaka clone.... Boy, was I wrong after I took time to watch hours and hours of Jalen.
    That was me, i cooled off on him a bit because of the playmaking. But he is still a very unicorn like player, 10 reb and 2.4 blk guy whose getting run off screens and hand offs. His intangibles are spurs material.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last month: Haliburton
    This month: Haliburton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how much this place will blow up if the Spurs go rogue and draft someone who hasn't been considered on here.

And then follow that with a multi-year extension for DDR.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Williams and Smith.

Let's get 'em both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in light of what the modern day NBA big has become, and the uncertain future of LMA, i have to go with smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious lost all his fans lmao wtf

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious lost all his fans lmao wtf
    It's lonely out here, I tell you. I especially thought his recent comments praising the Spurs would garner him some views, but he's off the radar now. We'll see how voting goes on Part III...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Getting back to credible draft prospects that meet the Bam mold. There are only 4 guys in the draft that meet that criteria.

1. The wet dream would be James Weisman Jr who is going top 3 but the idiots ahead of the Spurs have done worse and prospects to fall.
    2.B Obi Toppin
    Toppin is nothing like Bam. Bam had defensive stats comparable to Giannis this season-- he can guard the paint and the perimeter. Toppin can't guard either. Toppin was a poor defender in college against a very weak strength of schedule. His most frequent comp is Amare Stoudamire-- an all offense, no defense player his whole career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Meaningless highlight reels against weak compe ion. Among the top PF draft candidates, he has the lowest block numbers by far: http://www.tankathon.com/players/com...ith--paul-reed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now I know you're a Doink, been on this gutter of a message board doing crap like you've just done for over a Decade but what exactly is your issue or malfunction?

1. Of the people in the Draft who fit a "Bam MOLD"(doesn't mean he is bam... you do get that) toppin was one of 5 guys I listed.
    2. Why would you not want the spurs to Develop an Amarie Stoudemire(your words not mine) type talent?
    You don't think that the spurs vaunted developmental machine(which dudes like you mistakenly give credit to poop for) couldn't get an Improved Amare Stoudemire 2.0 type player out of the Toppin clay? (Amare, Rookie of the year, six time all star, 5 time all NBA and contending for MVP of league, Stoudemire...again your words not mine.)

Dont bother to try and write back, I wont be reading anymore of your spergy doinky drivel.
    Your schtick is tiresome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One thing is for sure, the Spurs are gonna draft a good one.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Is the hype train still running?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can’t remember the article but a several months ago when Spurs were looking at 19th pick they were reports that Spurs were very interested in Precious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There ought to be a column for best available player. I'm not sure drafting for a position need is better than best available, unless the fit is so apparent as to be a lock. However, I voted for Poku just because of the potential upside. Spurs never do anything wild, well hardly ever, during the Pop reign. Even some of the players we took who were a stretch have done pretty well after going to other teams, eg Boban and Jamychal Green and the Latvian guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There ought to be a column for best available player. I'm not sure drafting for a position need is better than best available, unless the fit is so apparent as to be a lock. However, I voted for Poku just because of the potential upside. Spurs never do anything wild, well hardly ever, during the Pop reign. Even some of the players we took who were a stretch have done pretty well after going to other teams, eg Boban and Jamychal Green and the Latvian guy.
    By BPA, if you mean if a player drops, see below:

Sometimes a player who falls and was consistently mocked in the top 10 isn't the best player available. It's foolishness and the biggest lie when it comes to the draft. If it was true, we wouldn't have a 30% success rate for players drafted in the top 10. Proof is in the pudding and too many casuals fall for this .
    Last edited by Dejounte; 10-01-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Thread Information