View Poll Results: Who is your favorite prospect so far?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Precious Achiuwa

4 5.33%
  • Patrick Williams

19 25.33%
  • Aleksej Pokusevski

11 14.67%
  • Aaron Nesmith

3 4.00%
  • Jalen Smith

25 33.33%
  • Saddiq Bey

6 8.00%
  • Isaiah Stewart

1 1.33%
  • Tyler Bey

0 0%
  • Kira Lewis Jr.

3 4.00%
  • RJ Hampton

3 4.00%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *****Poll assumes no trades happen during the draft to move up or down***** - TheDrewShow

End of August results were the following:

Previously top five voted prospects

1) Precious Achiuwa - 23 votes
    2) Patrick Williams - 19 votes
    3) Aleksej Pokusevksi - 18 votes
    4) Aaron Nesmith - 15 votes
    5) Jalen Smith - 12 votes

All others................... 7 votes

For a total of 94 voters.

For this new poll, I'm adding Kira Lewis Jr. since he has received some love this past month and I guess RJ Hampton since timvp loves him (barf).

Poll only includes prospects likely to be there at #11.

Will anyone change their vote from last month because they found out more about a different player?
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-29-2020 at 03:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My vote last month: Aaron Nesmith

My vote this month: Jalen Smith

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My vote last month: Patrick Williams
    My vote this month: Jalen Smith (specifically to play next to Luka)

My top 3 are: 1) Wiseman, 2) Jalen Smith, 3) Patrick Williams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Staying with Jalen.

Hayes is a dream get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Devin Vassell?

I still like Patrick Williams combination of youth and tools the best, warming up to Jalen Smith but not sure I would pick him over Nesmith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Devin Vassell?

I still like Patrick Williams combination of youth and tools the best, warming up to Jalen Smith but not sure I would pick him over Nesmith.
    Devin is top 10 in an aggregated mock using various draft websites, so unlikely to be there at #11 if we go by that. But also, Devin Vassell and his overrated ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there is much to hate about Vassell.

Yes, his offensive game would probably be mediocre at best except his 3 point shot.

The fact that he looks as a finished product makes him so unappealing because we can probably "see" his ceiling the clearest.

Of course you'd want a prospect that could turn into a All-Star calibre guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll stick with Precious for the time being, at least until official combine measurements come out, and we can get a clearer picture of what prospects are truly like. But Smith is a very, very close second. If we could net a second FRP and nab both of them, it'd be a golden draft to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a PG or a SF. Hilberton I think was my dream get for the Spurs or Hayes. But I voted for Bey bc it would be nice to have a player with range that is bigger than Forbes so Pop can no longer start Forbes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't remember last month's pick. Went jalen smith

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    last month: precious
    this month: jalen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new Spurs FO have already put out there that they are looking for in the Draft. A Bam Adebayo Archetype, and you only have Precious Achiuwa or your stupid poll who sniffs those criteria. You need to listen more to credible spurs insiders rather than these doinky spurgy dorks, that's why I'm giving you a pass on putting the Demigod Marfan thinner on your poll;obvious troll job.

Getting back to credible draft prospects that meet the Bam mold. There are only 4 guys in the draft that meet that criteria.

1. The wet dream would be James Weisman Jr who is going top 3 but the idiots ahead of the Spurs have done worse and prospects to fall.
    2.B Obi Toppin
    2.B Oneyka Okongwu
    3. The Dark Horse, Preciouse Achiuwa (literally the same guy as Metu but more potential Bam Mold)
    4. z and Giggles for those who have to have a Foreign skinny dude but one with potential, and likely picked before 11, Deni Avdijia. I know the spurgy doinks in on twitter, discords, subreddits, and group Text Chains want to prove just how spurgy and doinky they can be by talking about a diseased misshapen Euro who had a few cool passes against 10th graders in 11 games, but Avdijia is what they think thad Marfan dude is.

I think all of those guys are attainable by the organization, some may take luck, trades, ect.

The rest of that list, and all the speculation on threads in this board by various Spurs Talk Eyetester is just laughable. Same Idiots who are leveling themselves into thinking that A BALL is ever gonna be anything but a bust in the NBA telling themselves, "Third Time is a Charm" or some .
    Of your Bam examples, only Precious is likely to be there at #11.

My poll isn't stupid, dude! If you look at the rest of the draft, there aren't many Bam archetypes. The poll includes players who will likely be chosen in the #11- #20 range.

I have another thread which is specific to the three big men you mentioned:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...8#post10271068

And don't underestimate Jalen, dude! I feel he will have the same insane work ethic as the player we both love: Keldon Johnson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forgot to mention in my last post: the poll is assuming the Spurs don't trade up in the draft. Just want to make that clear, my friend! TheDrewShow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woah, what's up with Jalen's stock rising up all of a sudden? Felt like a few weeks ago, it was just me and my boy Dejounte filling up his draft post, now he's ST's favorite prospect by a margin? Interesting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again Dumb teams and FO ahead of the spurs mean that spurs can move up or all in on my list can fall. Smith? Its a One and done world my mans and Sop res Jr's are 2nd Round if that fodder. Smith probably going early in the 2nd Round. I see the spurs trading up and packaging that 2nd round with Derozan, tbh.
    But bro, Toppin is 22 and a sop re...

We will see!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woah, what's up with Jalen's stock rising up all of a sudden? Felt like a few weeks ago, it was just me and my boy Dejounte filling up his draft post, now he's ST's favorite prospect by a margin? Interesting...
    These things even out quick lol, I think some love for the other prospects is coming...

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was sayin bout jalen way before his draft post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it you? I responded early on to someone liking Jalen by saying I thought he was a Serge Ibaka clone.... Boy, was I wrong after I took time to watch hours and hours of Jalen.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Jalen will be the best player available at draft night. However, I'm getting excited about the (supposed) improvement of Luka and I like the comments in his thread about Jalen being a perfect fit next to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great to hear. Quite a comfy place we got on Jalen Island. Or Island Smith...? I gotta work on the name.

I don't think Jalen will be the best player available at draft night. However, I'm getting excited about the (supposed) improvement of Luka and I like the comments in his thread about Jalen being a perfect fit next to him.
    Yeah, I was one of those. But in reality, and this is a strength for Smith, he doesn't even need Luka to pan out in order to be a good selection. With the way the league has been trending, he's perfectly equipped to play both the 5 next to Luka, or the 4 next to LMA for example against bigger teams, giving you the advantage of being able to put two bigs on the court without sacrificing spacing whatsoever, like you'd have to with Poeltl+LMA which is next to unplayable, in part also because neither have good lateral mobility nor quickness. Jalen might not have a superstar ceiling, but he's damn versatile, a sight for sore eyes with the Spurs and their bunch of one-dimensional players.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was it you? I responded early on to someone liking Jalen by saying I thought he was a Serge Ibaka clone.... Boy, was I wrong after I took time to watch hours and hours of Jalen.
    im not 100% sure if it was a direct respond to my post about jalen but i do remember this comparison so its very likely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brief overview of what I believe each prospect has going for them (ONLY POSITIVES):

Precious Achuiwa: A strong brute, won't be backed down in the post easily. Very athletic. Great wingspan (if pre-combine measurements are accurate). He is quick laterally, especially for a big. Tough, and provides energy. Gym rat, appears to have really low body fat percentage.

Patrick Williams: One of the youngest prospects in the draft. Has a body type that is coveted in the league. Flashes of talent in almost every area: passing, wing defense, weakside defense, shooting.

Aleksej Pokusevksi: One of the youngest prospects in the draft. Quick for a player his height. Has guard skills (handles, passing, and shooting) in a center body. Has a nose for rebounding and blocking shots in the interior.

Aaron Nesmith: One of the best shooters in the draft. Moves extremely well off-the-ball. Gym rat, appears to have really low body fat percentage.

Jalen Smith: Top player on a winning team in college. Makes momentum changing plays to win games. Shows improvement year to year which is a sign of his work ethic. Tough, will get physical on offense. Has ability to move off the ball on the perimeter to get open for a 3 like a guard, navigating screens. Can shoot off the dribble, which is rare for a big man. Good interior defense, and has good shot blocking instincts.

Saddiq Bey: Displayed high 3 point percentage shooting in college. Has decent size.

Isaiah Stewart: Gets doubled, tripled in the post - excellent interior scorer. Great wingspan (if pre-combine measurements are accurate). Holds his own and in some ways, dominates matchups against top big men of the draft (Okongwu, Wiseman).

Tyler Bey: High character. DPOY in his conference in college. Good mid-range shooter, displays decent footwork in post.

Kira Lewis Jr.: Game changing speed, which allows him to score in ways most others can't. Good vision, finds teammates in transition.

RJ Hampton: Good size for a guard. Explosive first step.

Again, **only positives**. I feel like most people only read positives about a player and get carried away with how good they think a prospect is.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 09-29-2020 at 05:19 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think there is much to hate about Vassell.

Yes, his offensive game would probably be mediocre at best except his 3 point shot.

The fact that he looks as a finished product makes him so unappealing because we can probably "see" his ceiling the clearest.

Of course you'd want a prospect that could turn into a All-Star calibre guy.
    You voted for Smith and he's pretty similar to Vassell in terms of having a very defined, low, role playing ceiling, tbh. In fact, I would argue Smith is more of a finished product than Vassell, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My vote last month: Aaron Nesmith

My vote this month: Jalen Smith
    Yeah. Still 1-2 in my mind, and I'd be happy getting both in a Murray trade. But I do think I've seen enough good from Smith to slightly prefer him this time around.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Still 1-2 in my mind, and I'd be happy getting both in a Murray trade. But I do think I've seen enough good from Smith to slightly prefer him this time around.
    id love to get haliburton in a murrays trade. Especially when he dropped in a mock drafts. But neismith is my second favorite.

Thread Information