Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Forbes.

“National humiliation”, “chaotic” and “incomprehensible squabble” were some of the words used by the international media to describe a testy presidential debate between Donald Trump and Joe Biden

The Chinese state-controlled newspaper Global Times wrote that Wednesday night’s debate “just showed the world a divided and chaotic U.S. that is no longer an attractive superpower in terms of politics and soft power”, adding that the event largely reflected “the recession of U.S. national power.”

Senior Indian news anchor and India Today’s consulting editor Rajdeep Sardesai commented on the debate tweeting: “Chaotic state of American politics makes us look good at times. Maybe, need one of our noisy, rude, interrupting spokespersons to take Trump

Accord “without any proof or truth.”

Some of the sharpest reactions to the debate, however, came from the European media with British newspaper The Guardian calling the debate a “national humiliation for America"

British daily The Times wrote that it was not a “debate in any meaningful sense,” adding “It was an ill-tempered and at times incomprehensible squabble between two angry septuagenarians who palpably loathe each other,” and that the “clearest loser” from the debate “was America.”

Spanish daily El País called the first debate a “chaotic and virulent spectacle,” adding that the “duel will not go down in history as one of the debates that ultimately determined the fate of an election, but as a sign of the hostile climate that prevails in the country five weeks before the election.”

Russian media state,
    Second thoughts? Americans fantasize about being able to vote for Bernie Sanders, following ‘chaos’ of first debate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums it up. Props.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sums it up. Props.
    Not really. Summing it up correctly would have placed the blame on Dennison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. Summing it up correctly would have placed the blame on Dennison.
    Mmm biden was calling him names all night. I call it how I see it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    France's Le Monde called it "worrying for American democracy."
    "Never had American politics sunk so low," Italy's La Repubblica proclaimed, while The Times of India went so far as to say, "The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes."
    The Guardian concluded that if Trump is reelected, "this dark, horrifying, unwatchable fever dream will surely be the first line of America's obituary."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Der Spiegel in Germany used the term "a TV duel like a car accident."

"Never had American politics sunk so low," Italy's La Repubblica said in its debate dispatch.

"The US embarrassed itself before the world for 100 minutes," The Times of India wrote.

Veteran
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    They’re not wrong!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mmm biden was calling him names all night. I call it how I see it

You didn't even see it

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just cancel the rest. They're pointless and we've had enough trauma this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Chaotic, childish, gruelling" - that's how French newspaper Libération described Tuesday's debate. Le Monde agreed, calling it a "terrible storm", and saying that the president had sought to "push his opponent off his hinges" with constant interruptions and by mocking his answers.

Der Spiegel's analysis of the debate is headlined "A TV duel like a car accident".

In a piece led "Part fist-fight, part play", Süddeutsche Zeitung wrote: "Both Trump and Biden could go home satisfied because as far as the theatrical performance is concerned, both did their job properly. Donald Trump played Donald Trump, Joe Biden played Joe Biden, and fans should have liked it."

One broadcaster described it as a "one and a half-hour exchange of insults", while another said there was "no constructive dialogue".

"The rivals kept interrupting each other and instead of a balanced discussion they chose the path of mutual insults," pro-Kremlin NTV television said.

Mr Biden's description of President Trump as "Putin's puppy" also generated comments on Russian social media. One Twitter user said: "Two old men are figuring out which of them is more worthy to become the president of the United States, but without Putin, you can't boost your rating."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You didn't even see it
    I sqw d bbc snapshot. So bbc is pro trump now?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2008 (to the extent it hadn't before then), the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's hilarious how some of you actually give a what the rest of the world thinks especially foreign media outlets. them all! the rest of the world!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2009 (to the extent it hadn't before then), the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.
    lol the racist thinks he has all the answers. poor silly racistWill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I sqw d bbc snapshot. So bbc is pro trump now?
    Biden told Trump to shut up after Trump kept talking over him in Biden's time over and over and over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The US run as the world's dominant superpower pretty much collapsed in 2009, the sooner we finally accept it and move onto to post-empire society the way Western Europe has, the better. I guess Trump has done us a favor by expediting that process.
    We are a paper tiger. The debacles of afghanistan, libya, syria should have been a huge wake up call.

And the virus completely obliterating our "ferrari" healthcare system is the nail in the coffic to the belief we are still an empire and a superpower.

Even venezuela runs circles around us.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    lol the racist thinks he has all the answers. poor silly racistWill.
    I definitely have more answers than a tweaker who dropped out of high school

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden told Trump to shut up after Trump kept talking over him in Biden's time over and over and over.
    Biden called him a liar, a clown, etc

Biden has muchbto blame as well imho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden called him a liar, a clown, etc

Biden has muchbto blame as well imho
    After Trump acted like a clown over and over. Go stick your bothsides false equivalences up your ass son.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After Trump acted like a clown over and over. Go stick your bothsides false equivalences up your ass son.
    Disagree. You stilm ma nig

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    We are a paper tiger. The debacles of afghanistan, libya, syria should have been a huge wake up call.

And the virus completely obliterating our "ferrari" healthcare system is the nail in the coffic to the belief we are still an empire and a superpower.

Even venezuela runs circles around us.
    "ferrari healthcare system" I forgot about that

It's remarkable that even after COVID no one can see how systemically flawed Murican healthcare is....we have a presidential debate where both candidates are tripping over their own s to promise they aren't for the single-payer healthcare system the rest of the modern world successfully used to respond to COVID much better than we did.

We're not even a paper tiger anymore. I'd call the 2001-2008 timeframe our paper tiger era (i.e. when we showed everyone how tough we were for invading 3rd world holes in the middle east).

The 2008 financial crisis took the paper tiger and shredded it into little pieces. The American Empire has been living on borrowed time since then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "ferrari healthcare system" I forgot about that

It's remarkable that even after COVID no one can see how systemically flawed Murican healthcare is....we have a presidential debate where both candidates are tripping over their own s to promise they aren't for the single-payer healthcare system the rest of the modern world successfully used to respond to COVID much better than we did.

We're not even a paper tiger anymore. I'd call the 2001-2008 timeframe our paper tiger era (i.e. when we showed everyone how tough we were for invading 3rd world holes in the middle east).

The 2008 financial crisis took the paper tiger and shredded it into little pieces.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I definitely have more answers than a tweaker who dropped out of high school
    seriously who's a tweaker here? you or me? who the are you actually talking about because i don't believe you know?

you can call me a tweaker and a methhead all you'd like but i've never ever done meth!

you literally can't be a man and just have a friendly back & forth but instead you want to throw out accusations as if they hold water. what does hold water is the fact that you're a huge bigoted racist!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Vote for Biden man. Bernie said on Kimmel last night that if the Democratic Party gets full control and doesn't advance a progressive agenda, it'll have him to answer to. They're actually going to give him subcommittee chairs if they take the senate. Don't give the Democratic Party more excuses for being ty by keeping them out of power.

Thread Information