Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    What a rotten-ass Sunday.

Goodell, please cancel the season NOW. It's not worth it, putting these guys' lives in jeopardy, and this season has been an absolute show/abortion unlike no other. Just cancel it. NOW.
    Don't be a sore loser bro. Season has actually been pretty decent all things considered. Unprecedented scoring and some classic games/chokes already.

Besides, chances are your Cowboys still get to 6 wins and win the division, tbh.

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Eagles are leading their division.
    Everybody ing on Pederson for playing it safe and conserving the tie. In this ty ass division, one less game on the loss column is a win, tbh.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I know they are riddled with injuries but the Niners' only 2 wins came vs the two worst teams in the NFL by far, tbh.
    2-2 is okay. 2 close losses. Defense needs to step up a notch for playoff push in 2nd Half

#2 seed is pointless in 2020 with no homefield advantage

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Niners prolly only win 5-6 games this year. They desperately need a QB.
    Jimmy is returning

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jimmy is returning
    Crappolo is awful.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Crappolo is awful.
    I'm more concerned without Bosa. Another DE went down today.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm more concerned without Bosa. Another DE went down today.
    All the injuries will be the main reason they win so few games tbh, but the QB situation will add to the woes.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    All the injuries will be the main reason they win so few games tbh, but the QB situation will add to the woes.
    Still making playoffs buddy. Just gonna need to outscore quality opponents and yah Jimmy prob fall short at some point.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Week 4 Predictions:

DEN @ NYJ - Terrible primetime game. The Jets stink, but the Broncos are annihilated by injuries. This could go either way.

BAL @ WAS - In RG3's return to Washington as a Raven, Lamar Jackson and the Ravens bounce back against a quite-inferior opponent and crush the Nobodies.
    LAC @ TB - Major mismatch on paper, but the Chargers' pass rush could give the Bucs' questionable offensive line problems. Brady should throw quickly and ardently.
    SEA @ MIA - Upset of the week. Russell Wilson falls back to Earth, and the Dolphins unexpectedly shine. Wilson and Seattle tend to lose these AFC east coast away games.
    MIN @ HOU - Neither team has started well, but at least with Houston you can blame the schedule. The Vikings might be COVID-infected, and should tank in any case.
    NO @ DET - Possibly an upset, but New Orleans will continue to disappoint, at least until Thomas returns. The Lions are better than their record.
    CLE @ DAL - Should be a high-scoring affair, but Dallas should score piles of points as long as the offensive line can keep Myles Garrett under control.
    JAX @ CIN - Joe Burrow returns from a weird tie game to get his first official victory. Will there be a crowd in Cincy?
    IND @ CHI - With Big Nick Foles in the fold, the Bears should shine on both sides of the ball. The Colts are as mediocre (not bad, but 7-9ish) as it gets.
    AZ @ CAR - Kyler Murray and the Cardinals rebound and decapitate a much worse team on both sides of the football.
    NYG @ LAR - This should not be an issue for the Rams, who should be 3-0 if not for a terrible game-changing, ticky-tack flag on 4th down.
    BUF @ LV - The Raiders recover and go home and improve to 3-1, in the process defeating the league's most overrated team in a possible shootout.
    NE @ KC - Kansas City just keeps comin'. Belichick won't have quite enough answers this time without the GOAT. Real fans will be there.
    PHI @ SF - This should be another huge mismatch. Both sides are suffering key injuries, but the 49ers are still rolling and the Eagles just look pathetic.

ATL @ GB - A classic case of, team that is far better than their record vs. one worse than their record. The Packers fall to Earth and the Falcons finally don't choke.
    4-9

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Terrible. I had a monster 2016, so this is regression to the mean I guess.

I still think the Panthers should have kept Cam. With the current good coaching in place, etc they would be serious contenders with Newton instead of Bridgewater.
    Last edited by Millennial_Messiah; 10-05-2020 at 10:25 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Assuming the Cowboys don't make it this year, my dream Super Bowl matchup is Seahawks-Chiefs. I'd say those are my 2 non-Cowboy favorite teams.

I really really like both QBs and would probably root for the Seahawks slightly in that situation because Mahomes is younger and would have more opportunities, but I wouldn't be upset either way.

Also wouldn't be upset if the Bucs won it, because that would be a heck of a story.

As long as Smugface Rodgers and Green Gay lose, I'm pacified.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Plenty of room on the Green Bay bandwagon
    Come on MM join us on our righteous march

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    panthers 2-0 without CMC

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    panthers 2-0 without CMC
    Ezekiel Elliott ~55 yards per game this year.
    Todd Gurley washed up.
    Dalvin Cook huge yards not translating to wins.

#dontpayrunningbacks

by the time Jacobs is past year 5, he'll be past his prime anyway, so the raiders might as well let him go, take the nice comp pick and draft his replacement. that's smart general management/cap management.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    panthers 2-0 without CMC
    Not that I'm saying Davis is better than CMC but this is just more fodder to support that the idea that scheme and other offensive personnel might have more to do with success than the RB's actual talent.
    The reality is that great RBs don't create a lot of wins.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not that I'm saying Davis is better than CMC but this is just more fodder to support that the idea that scheme and other offensive personnel might have more to do with success than the RB's actual talent.
    The reality is that great RBs don't create a lot of wins.
    on the other hand, having a QB that goes for 475 yards and 3-4 TDs every game doesn't guarantee a W, either, tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    on the other hand, having a QB that goes for 475 yards and 3-4 TDs every game doesn't guarantee a W, either, tbh
    Dak sucked yesterday. He should have had a few more interceptions. But I don't know that any QB wins with that defense. If this is what they're building on, I might agree with you about not paying Dak at this point. At least more than 30 per.
    But they ed themselves by paying Zeke instead of Dak at the time.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak sucked yesterday. He should have had a few more interceptions. But I don't know that any QB wins with that defense. If this is what they're building on, I might agree with you about not paying Dak at this point. At least more than 30 per.
    But they ed themselves by paying Zeke instead of Dak at the time.
    right, if Dak wanted to take a Brady approach to the team and winning by signing at, say, 27M/year (which is way more than anyone would need in a lifetime, plus all the endorsements of being the franchise Dallas Cowboys QB which doesn't count against the salary cap) I would be 100% on board. 10years/270 million fully guaranteed, let's go (Dak is like Wilson in that he doesn't get injured, so there's that). But any more than that and it's just not worth it.

Dak's main problem is that he loses a fumble on a strip sack EVERY SINGLE GAME. His mediocre play and turnovers in the 1st half always take the team out of the run game early and then in the second half with the team trailing double digits, he stat pads like it's Madden on rookie mode because the other team reverts to soft zone/prevent defense. That wasn't just the theme of this year, it was last year too.

I'm all for trading DeMarcus Lawrence + a mid round pick to just get his contract off the books. The dude is useless at his price. Zeke is overpaid and he's not elusive, and he doesn't always pick up the 3rd & 1 or goal-to-go from the 1 like his rookie year either. Jaylon Smith is another guy who shouldn't have been paid what he got. He is a horrible tackler. At times he looks like he's playing flag football out there.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    right, if Dak wanted to take a Brady approach to the team and winning by signing at, say, 27M/year (which is way more than anyone would need in a lifetime, plus all the endorsements of being the franchise Dallas Cowboys QB which doesn't count against the salary cap) I would be 100% on board. 10years/270 million fully guaranteed, let's go (Dak is like Wilson in that he doesn't get injured, so there's that). But any more than that and it's just not worth it.

Dak's main problem is that he loses a fumble on a strip sack EVERY SINGLE GAME. His mediocre play and turnovers in the 1st half always take the team out of the run game early and then in the second half with the team trailing double digits, he stat pads like it's Madden on rookie mode because the other team reverts to soft zone/prevent defense. That wasn't just the theme of this year, it was last year too.

I'm all for trading DeMarcus Lawrence + a mid round pick to just get his contract off the books. The dude is useless at his price. Zeke is overpaid and he's not elusive, and he doesn't always pick up the 3rd & 1 or goal-to-go from the 1 like his rookie year either. Jaylon Smith is another guy who shouldn't have been paid what he got. He is a horrible tackler. At times he looks like he's playing flag football out there.
    Yeah, seemed like 90% of his completions in the 2nd half were checkdowns, quick slants, and curl routes with no defender within 6 feet of the receiver. He did have some good ones though I'll admit. A couple of seam routes where he threaded the needle, and that one near the sideline where he snuck it over the corner toward the end of the game. I just rarely see those shots downfield on the seam routes until they get down double digits and he's forced to make something happen. Still seems too timid early on when the games are still within one score

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Agree with this.

As to the other comments, I'm a Dak supporter. But there's no where else he can go and have these kind of weapons around him. He's not Wilson by a long shot. It's going to be interesting to see what happens if they somehow miss the playoffs and have to make a franchise tag decision. I can't see Dak backing off his contract demands.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    this one stung

#15 had to be about 0.5 yards further behind the LoS. ended up kicking a FG that drive. this and the Waller fumble while in scoring position are what buried the team. cant be making those kinds of mistakes against a team with firepower like buffalo

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    also wtf pats are starting hoyer tomorrow? ... what happened to Stidham being the starter they had confidence in?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also wtf pats are starting hoyer tomorrow? ... what happened to Stidham being the starter they had confidence in?

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Game is tonight. MNF doubleheader

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Game is tonight. MNF doubleheader
    oh , yeah. forgot.

Thread Information