Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Victor turns out to be bad we don't have to re-sign him and we'll have cap space the next year.

If he turns out to be good and back to his all-NBA form we'll have a SG who's effective on both sides of the floor, offers spacing, can pass the ball, and is clutch. Also 28 years old compared to Derozan's 31.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1 good season then acted like a superstar. Barely played the last 2 seasons. More overlap with the young core than Derozan, neither really moves the needle to contention rather have the safe bet to help the young core develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather look at Myles Turner. He‘d fit with the young core‘s fast paced game and shoots the 3. Now if the Pacers insist on shipping out Oladipo with him then you have to work out the proper trade for it. I‘d package one of Aldridge or DeRozan with Gay or Mills to get Dipo and Turner, but DeRozan for Oladipo straight up won’t do a thing for this team.

Something like Aldridge & Gay for Dipo and Turner would improve the team instantly, but I don’t see Indiana being that dumb.

Turner/Gallinari/DeRozan/Oladipo/White would be a nice line up though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Besides being finished physically and looking much worse the entire season than Kawhi in game 7, Oladipo was also a locker room cancer this year. There were some not so subtle hints from Brogdon and Holiday to the media about Oladipo being a problem.

I'd rather lose DeRozan for nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victo had one good season. It was really good. But not superstar good. It was just a big jump from the year before. Since then he has been injuried. He is an undersized SG. We have a few of them already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should probably start an official 2020 trade thread to catch ideas like this.

Anyway, no. If Vic is a free agent next summer and SA finds themselves in need of a guard like him, that's one thing. But I'm not about making that swap now, especially since the team needs DeRozan's size at the three. Plus, if the Spurs trade for Dipo, they'd feel compelled to re-sign him, and right now, it's not clear what kind of deal he deserves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good player but no. Wouldn’t be terrible since he has more value than DDR and flipping him for more is easier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. He's had one very good season in his career, followed by two injury prone seasons. For his career, he rates as a tad better than average. I'd rather go forward with White and Keldon getting those minutes, and find a better return for DeMar at another position.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 09-30-2020 at 11:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fck that Oladipo is damaged goods, he looked terrible in the bubble

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo if oladipo is good again and develops he'll be a top 5 player in the league. He had the winner mentality in the 2018 playoffs. Surprised that everyone is so down on him. He was giving LeBron big trouble

Put up 30/12/6 in Game 7 vs Cavaliers
    Last edited by spurstalk123456; 10-01-2020 at 01:58 AM.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only if we can get something extra like turner or a pick. Otherwise ddr for oladipo doesnt make sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get Oladipo for Derozan you might need to add a first round pick in this scenario

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo if oladipo is good again and develops he'll be a top 5 player in the league. He had the winner mentality in the 2018 playoffs. Surprised that everyone is so down on him. He was giving LeBron big trouble

Put up 30/12/6 in Game 7 vs Cavaliers
    And now, he’s damaged goods. That’s why we’re down on him. The fact that Indy knows what he can be, and is still shopping him should speak volumes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Although bringing demar in could help Vince oladipo to stay. I would look more at turner.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much rather have Turner who fits a real need on this team than Oladipo when we already have so many guards on this team we are playing Derozan out of position just to keep him on the floor

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While we are in dire need of a shooting guard to come off the bench and back up Forbes, I'm not sure that Oladipo is the answer

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A player with a degenerative quad injury, looking to get away from his current team. Seems familiar. Do the Pacers have a Danny Green they can throw in?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We’re good at guard we need a decent big

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anyway we could trade for Bogdan from Sac? I'd much rather have him. Supplies shooting which this team needs. I don't know his contract situation though.

Edit** Looks like he's a FA. That should be the move this offseason imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To get Oladipo for Derozan you might need to add a first round pick in this scenario
    Would that not be ok with you ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While we are in dire need of a shooting guard to come off the bench and back up Forbes, I'm not sure that Oladipo is the answer
    I really don't want anyone backing up Forbes. Hopefully he'll be as far back in the rotation as you can get.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oladipo may never get back to where he was 2 years ago, but he's still a better asset than DeRozan at the moment, so just for that reason I'd do it (Lamb would probably have to be included for financial purposes) . . . but I'd want a third team brought in to return a more sensible asset(s).

I actually think there's a chance the Pacers could be interested. They're basically an East, poor man's version of the Spurs. Always trying to be as compe ive as possible and in a non glamor market. DeRozan would also fit well.

I could see the Nets (LeVert and Dinwiddie, with Lamb included), Warriors (Wiggins, 2, with Lamb included), Heat (Olynyk, Nunn, 20), Bucks (Bledsoe, Wilson, 24), Magic (Fournier or Gordon, 15), Raptors (Powell, Davis, 29) all being in the mix.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there anyway we could trade for Bogdan from Sac? I'd much rather have him. Supplies shooting which this team needs. I don't know his contract situation though.

Edit** Looks like he's a FA. That should be the move this offseason imho.
    He and Gallo should be the top FA targets. I wanted both at the deadline

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He and Gallo should be the top FA targets. I wanted both at the deadline
    dont want either of these both to old and to expensive. Doubt we could sign Bogdan as he will be more then the MLE.

Thread Information