Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair DeathSantis extended registration to the next day, that seemed like a genuine mistake.
    Yah, tough turkey for ~20,000 potential voters, the Purcell principle prevented the extension.

“Florida’s interest in preventing chaos in its already precarious — and perennially chaotic — election outweighs the substantial burden imposed on the right to vote.”
    https://www.politico.com/states/f/?i...f-7dfe86cd0000

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yah, tough turkey for ~20,000 potential voters, the Purcell principle prevented the extension.

https://www.politico.com/states/f/?i...f-7dfe86cd0000
    Well nevermind, stupid of me to give DeathSantis the benefit of the doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas GOP files suit to stop drive-thru voting in Harris County

HOUSTON – The Republican Party of Texas says it has sued Harris County in an effort to stop drive-thru voting.

There are currently 10 drive-thru polling locations in Harris County for the November election. As of this writing, all locations will be open during Early Voting, starting on Oct. 13, and also on Election Day, Nov. 3.

KPRC 2 is working to obtain a copy of the lawsuit.

In a news release about the lawsuit, the Republican Party of Texas argues that drive-thru locations are an illegal expansion of curbside voting that should be restricted to only those who are sick or disabled.

“(Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins) is trying to unlawfully expand a form of voting almost entirely targeted at voters who physically can’t walk into a polling location," the news release reads. "... (He) is telling all Harris County residents that they are eligible for curbside voting when he knows that is not the case. Any voter that does not qualify to vote curbside under narrow statutory language would be voting illegally if allowed to vote drive-through.”

Hollins issued this statement on the lawsuit:

“The Republican Party has feverishly used its resources to limit voters' ability to exercise their cons utional right to vote this November instead of figuring out ways to help voters know their rights. This lawsuit is not only frivolous, but it’s also a gross misrepresentation of the differences between curbside voting — for voters with disabilities, including illness — and drive-thru voting, which is available for all voters who want to vote from the safety and convenience of their vehicle. My office is focused on ensuring voter safety and access this fall. We invite all political parties to join us in that mission.”

https://www.click2houston.com/news/l...harris-county/

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so scared

You know is about to hit the fan when the GOP is legit worried about losing Texas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great Michael Harriot thread about the long tradition of stealing black folk's votes:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wohl and Burkman already face voter intimidiation charges in Michigan, Ohio is investigating them for the same.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...rs/3643566001/
    i

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wohl and Burkman already face voter intimidiation charges in Michigan, Ohio is investigating them for the same.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...rs/3643566001/
    i
    Nothing see here... the right hating democracy per par...

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    snuff the vote Republicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cali GOP trying to brazen it out.

LAW AND ORDER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gambit here might be to harvest ballots using GOP-installed, non-USPS boxes, then when CA authorities, following the law, refuse to accept them.

Invalidating your own party's ballots and crying disenfranchisement to own the libs.

(9th Circuit is now majority conservative, fwiw)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cali GOP trying to brazen it out.

LAW AND ORDER

So they got caught red-handed calling them "official" and they 'corrected' the mistake quickly...

Also, no word on their boxes passing security clearance, which is codified in law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine the dire whining and wailing had any random Dem done this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gambit here might be to harvest ballots using GOP-installed, non-USPS boxes, then when CA authorities, following the law, refuse to accept them.

Invalidating your own party's ballots and crying disenfranchisement to own the libs.

(9th Circuit is now majority conservative, fwiw)
    It's a misrepresentation of the actual law. Ballots have a place where the voter can sign off on somebody else (which you have to write down with name, etc) to return the ballot for them. Clearly nothing to do with ballot boxes (which name do you write down?)

It's a way to sue and try to get from the courts what they can get from elected officials, tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Nevermind, that was stupid.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Folks, we have our first instance of attempted GOP voter intimidation this election cycle!

Fortunately the police came and put a stop to the GOP's efforts. Law and Order!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...TIOWUYA2AQE4PI

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    And it only gets better!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they got caught red-handed calling them "official" and they 'corrected' the mistake quickly...

Also, no word on their boxes passing security clearance, which is codified in law.
    Looks like CA is backing down on ballot harvesting in unofficial drop boxes after explaining chain of custody requirements to Orange County Republicans.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/92396...lot-drop-boxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like CA is backing down on ballot harvesting in unofficial drop boxes after explaining chain of custody requirements to Orange County Republicans.

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/16/92396...lot-drop-boxes
    Yeah, I read that they keep people monitoring the boxes, so that would be my only main concern, tbh (make sure somebody doesn't come in and burns the box).

Frankly, I don't get the gambit here, I can't think they really think they're not winning elections because of ballot boxes. As Terminator was saying the other day, maybe they need to figure out why people don't vote for them.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Republicans are now literally trying to light ballots on fire

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Conservatives really do have an innate ability to create talking points that are only valid because of their own behavior.

They claim that ballot drop boxes aren't secure and are subject to voter fraud, and so far the only problems with ballot drop boxes are because of conservatives creating fraudulent ballot drop boxes are lighting legit drop boxes on fire.

Then they claim ballot harvesting leads to election fraud after a GOP candidate rigged an election by hiring a convicted felon to harvest and tamper with ballots.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yep, it's fake news. Nevermind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    curbside voting isn't a scam