View Poll Results: Who wins the 2020 Election?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trump/Pence

5 29.41%
  • Biden/Harris

12 70.59%
  • lol 3rd party

0 0%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Democrats wrecking the economy"

The last two presidents to wreck the economy were GWB and Donald Trump.
    Covid wrecked economies around the world.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    defending Trump

The results speak for themselves. Assuming Trump loses, the last 3 Republican presidents we've had will have left office with a recession being dumped off on their Democratic successor. It's been going on for 30 years now - Republican presidents create recessions, Democrats have to come in and fix them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What accounts for the dramatic differences in national outcomes, in your opinion?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good explanation of the outliers, like the CNN poll posted upstream:

(Biden's lead has been stable at 8-9 points.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very easy call. Called it last year tbqh

who wins this year? Didn't see your call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This means that for anyone born after 1980, the only Republican presidents they know, left the economy in shambles, to be cleaned up by Democrats.

I would argue that Reagan royally ed the economy as well for anyone not in the 1%

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats sweep the House, Senate, and Presidency. Trump has poisoned the Republican party.
    It was to begin with. Rotten to the evangelical core. Deep vein of hypocrisy and racism is not really a basis for a political party.

Trump just brought out the underlying rot, like peeling away the bark from a rotten log.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact I'm seeing long, drawn out Biden ads on national TV but haven't seen any Trump ads tells me Biden has more money than he needs and Trump is tight on cash.
    Trump won't be holding any more superspreader events for a while. Those are cheap, cause he is on the taxpayer dime for that.

maybe he will anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop being a little and answer, ChumpDumper.
    I made a pwomise to a fellow narc

You's a total , ChumpDumper!
    Yea, derp had to run out after that ass whooping he took.
    ChumpDumper had been told to not even vote present.
    The ing irony.
    What a total .
    Kowtowing to a fellow narc!!!!!!!!!!
    ChumpDumper tapping likes while BUNKER ING.

This isn't "slap fighting" cos I'm indirectly uh muh doing it

The gotry

Also, still @ you tapping out like a .

Don't even reply, you ing . You've been told.

Jesus Christ man, have some dignity. Beg just a little less. He agreed to stop sparring with you and is living up to that, out of respect for the rest of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What accounts for the dramatic differences in national outcomes, in your opinion?
    Stupid Americans "independence" and refusal to follow simple guidelines. Totalitarian governments did better by cracking down on their population.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    defending Trump

The results speak for themselves. Assuming Trump loses, the last 3 Republican presidents we've had will have left office with a recession being dumped off on their Democratic successor. It's been going on for 30 years now - Republican presidents create recessions, Democrats have to come in and fix them.
    I'm not "defending Trump" but the economy was kicking ass before Covid. That is undeniable and your oversimplification that "Republican Presidents cause recessions" is just ing dumb.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not "defending Trump" but the economy was kicking ass before Covid. That is undeniable and your oversimplification that "Republican Presidents cause recessions" is just ing dumb.
    All of the markers were there for another recession even without COVID. May not have happened until his second term, but it was going to happen. Deregulate everything, allow rampant financial lawlessness, it's great for the stock market in the short term but the party ends at some point.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Ah the "Trump is good if you ignore everything that's bad" argument. There were more jobs created in the last 3 years of Obama's presidency than there were during the first 3 years of Trump's presidency. Trump took over an economy already below 5% unemployment with the wind at its back. All he did pre-COVID to "contribute" to the good economy was cut taxes for rich people and feed an asset bubble via stock buybacks. He got credit for the economy he inherited from Obama the same way GWB got credit for the economy he inherited from Clinton, then he used said good economy as an excuse to deregulate and cut taxes the same way GWB did.

The numbers don't lie. Since 1988 there's been net job growth in the US of 33 million. 35 million of those jobs came when Obama and Clinton were president and -2 million came with Republican presidents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stupid Americans "independence" and refusal to follow simple guidelines. Totalitarian governments did better by cracking down on their population.
    Germany and New Zealand aren't totalitarian; neither is Hong Kong or South Korea.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah the "Trump is good if you ignore everything that's bad" argument. There were more jobs created in the last 3 years of Obama's presidency than there were during the first 3 years of Trump's presidency. Trump took over an economy already below 5% unemployment with the wind at its back. All he did pre-COVID to "contribute" to the good economy was cut taxes for rich people and feed an asset bubble via stock buybacks. He got credit for the economy he inherited from Obama the same way GWB got credit for the economy he inherited from Clinton, then he used said good economy as an excuse to deregulate and cut taxes the same way GWB did.

The numbers don't lie. Since 1988 there's been net job growth in the US of 33 million. 35 million of those jobs came when Obama and Clinton were president and -2 million came with Republican presidents

you’re omitting that they borrowed a trillion dollars for three consecutive fiscal years in the greatest economy ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Germany and New Zealand aren't totalitarian; neither is Hong Kong or South Korea.
    New Zealand is a ing Island and they locked it down.

The other three are culturally more obedient than the US. Also, Hong Kong and South Korea had already been through SARS.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is false. The economy wasn’t kicking ass. Pumping a trillion dollars a year in borrowed spending doesn’t happen when the economy is kicking ass.

and they did that in fiscal years 2017 2018 and 2019.

The stock market was artificially propped up with stock buybacks. But if that’s how you base the strength of the economy, then you don’t understand anything about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New Zealand is a ing Island and they locked it down.

The other three are culturally more obedient than the US. Also, Hong Kong and South Korea had already been through SARS.
    Lol obedient. i would say rational and smart.

(You left out political leadership, strong public heath systems, contact tracing and rapid testing)

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They're more "obedient" in the sense they don't have a conservative party that radicalizes its base by politicizing issues as trivial as wearing a ing mask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    you’re omitting that they borrowed a trillion dollars for three consecutive fiscal years in the greatest economy ever.
    Yeah good point. Clinton and Obama managed to grow the economy and create jobs while also managing the national debt (in Clinton's case, he even left office with surpluses). GWB and Trump required annual deficit spending of $1+ trillion to stave off financial calamity. If congress cooperated with Obama on a stimulus package the same way it cooperated with Trump on a multi-trillion dollar stimulus package, we would have had much more rapid job growth and recovery in Obama's 1st term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah good point. Clinton and Obama managed to grow the economy and create jobs while also managing the national debt (in Clinton's case, he even left office with surpluses). GWB and Trump required annual deficit spending of $1+ trillion to stave off financial calamity. If congress cooperated with Obama on a stimulus package the same way it cooperated with Trump on a multi-trillion dollar stimulus package, we would have had much more rapid job growth and recovery in Obama's 1st term.
    LOL at assuming Clinton engineered those surpluses. You should educate yourself on the politics of that period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of the markers were there for another recession even without COVID. May not have happened until his second term, but it was going to happen. Deregulate everything, allow rampant financial lawlessness, it's great for the stock market in the short term but the party ends at some point.
    massive deregulation and tax cuts are like candy for dinner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL at assuming Clinton engineered those surpluses. You should educate yourself on the politics of that period.
    Even if you want to credit a red congress, he's the one that followed through with it. When dubya came around, he threw it all away with a giant tax cut, and nobody from the same red congress said a peep about it.

More of the same old deficit matters only when there's a dem president.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    His 1993 tax increases made those surpluses possible. If Republicans has their way they would have cut taxes for the rich and paid for it with deficits.

Thread Information