My Team
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Post Count
    The incident that turned a second-tier soccer club into front-page news began with a disputed whistle.

San Diego Loyal midfielder Collin Martin began jawing with Phoenix Rising forward Junior Flemmings over a late first-half yellow card that resulted in a San Diego free kick.

“It got personal pretty fast,” Martin told Yahoo Sports. “He used some bad language toward me and it got to the point where I was like, ‘Wow, this guy is super disrespectful.’ ”

When Martin got upset, Flemmings allegedly escalated the argument. According to Martin, the Jamaican made a phobic reference to the fact that Martin is openly gay.

“[He] called me ‘batty boy,’ which I knew basically translates to f-----,” Martin said.

The alleged slur directed at Martin came one week after another San Diego player was the target of bigotry. A Los Angeles Galaxy II defender called one of the Loyal’s Black players the n-word.

Whereas the Loyal kept playing last week only to retroactively forfeit in protest, this time they made a much stronger statement. They walked off the field together en masse at the start of the second half, torpedoing their faint playoff hopes and leaving Martin in tears.
    https://sports.yahoo.com/collin-mart...062114800.html

I been tellin yall for years he was a

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    I lost track of all the times I was called a while playing football matches, and ain't even gay. And most of this was during junior team years.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Welcome back OP

65 tons of American pride Canyonero's Avatar
    My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    A black guy discriminating someone for something he didn't choose is kinda ironic tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Maybe this is the real reason Klinsmann hated him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    The incident that turned a second-tier soccer club into front-page news began with a disputed whistle.
    San Diego Loyal midfielder Collin Martin began jawing with Phoenix Rising forward Junior Flemmings over a late first-half yellow card that resulted in a San Diego free kick.
    “It got personal pretty fast,” Martin told Yahoo Sports. “He used some bad language toward me and it got to the point where I was like, ‘Wow, this guy is super disrespectful.’ ”
    When Martin got upset, Flemmings allegedly escalated the argument. According to Martin, the Jamaican made a phobic reference to the fact that Martin is openly gay.

“[He] called me ‘batty boy,’ which I knew basically translates to f-----,” Martin said.

The alleged slur directed at Martin came one week after another San Diego player was the target of bigotry. A Los Angeles Galaxy II defender called one of the Loyal’s Black players the n-word.
    So the only one who actually used the "slur" is the one crying about it?

K

Whereas the Loyal kept playing last week only to retroactively forfeit in protest, this time they made a much stronger statement. They walked off the field together en masse at the start of the second half, torpedoing their faint playoff hopes and leaving Martin in tears.
    Weak

Apparently there's crying in soccer.

Thread Information