Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Then would start the cycle of both political teams adding as many justices as they need anytime they find the court's makeup not to their liking and themselves with the opportunity to do something about it.

"In a 23-22 ruling, the Supreme Court upheld............"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hater fumes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. Then would start the cycle of both political teams adding as many justices as they need anytime they find the court's makeup not to their liking and themselves with the opportunity to do something about it.

"In a 23-22 ruling, the Supreme Court upheld............"
    In principle, that's the system we've always had. Congress can reorganize the courts.

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In principle, that's the system we've always had. Congress can reorganize the courts.
    True. I'd just hope that a decision to expand the court would be made on an actual need (which I don't think exists tbh) as opposed to simple political animosity. No doubt whoever Biden puts on this committee will come up with some alleged need, as will the republicans, and so on and so forth........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. I'd just hope that a decision to expand the court would be made on an actual need (which I don't think exists tbh) as opposed to simple political animosity. No doubt whoever Biden puts on this committee will come up with some alleged need, as will the republicans, and so on and so forth........
    I can totally see it.

The day of observing normative niceties and forgoing to use political power to fix courts has already passed imho. The US Senate already buried all the norms and niceties that mattered.
    Last edited by Winehole23; 04-09-2021 at 12:56 PM.

Thread Information