Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No offense taken, but why? We're retiring people at what, 65, 66?

This country became a services economy a long time ago. We thrive on technology, IP, advances in science. Even the military has way more tech now than perhaps ever before.

Do you really want these dinosaurs legislating on that? This is also why they get so easily conned by lobbyists all the time (besides campaign money), they have no idea what they're writing law about.

I doubt Biden knows anything about the internet beyond "its a series of interconnected tubes", and Trump does any better ("it's the thing on my phone that let's me tweet").

Pelosi is 80 years old. Mitch 78. All these people are way past their expiration time.
    Theres no way voters would go for that and it would be career ending poison for whoever promoted it. Old people would be outraged. This is another thing like "youth turnout wins elections" that shows how out of touch some groups with who really makes up the voting pool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theres no way voters would go for that and it would be career ending poison for whoever promoted it. Old people would be outraged. This is another thing like "youth turnout wins elections" that shows how out of touch some groups with who really makes up the voting pool
    Oh I agree it would be difficult to pass something like that. I'm also aware that it would be extremely challenging to have something like universal healthcare, for example, or getting rid of money from politics.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't be the right thing to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Idk about 50-55 years old but I agree with an age limit. This country is in the middle of a crisis where people can’t get enough to eat while 87 year old Chuck Grassley is tweeting about pigeons, dead deers and his farm growing corn.
    Just look at the finance industry these days. High speed trading, initial coin offerings, etc. Can you really ask any of these dinosaurs to explain to how the digital coin backing the ICO works?

They have no clue. They wait until the bubble inevitably pops then come up with some terrible legislation coz they have no idea what's going on.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just look at the finance industry these days. High speed trading, initial coin offerings, etc. Can you really ask any of these dinosaurs to explain to how the digital coin backing the ICO works?

They have no clue. They wait until the bubble inevitably pops then come up with some terrible legislation coz they have no idea what's going on.
    They have plenty of "clue" that earns them $100Bs every year, and the political power they buy with their weath.

If cryptocurrency ever becomes more than round-off error, AND the crypto-coin thefts/losses of $100Ms stop, BigFinance will figure out a way (probably already knows exactly how) to make $100Bs from crypto-currency, because they hire and have "the best and brightest".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They have plenty of "clue" that earns them $100Bs every year, and the political power they buy with their weath.

If cryptocurrency ever becomes more than round-off error, AND the crypto-coin thefts/losses of $100Ms stop, BigFinance will figure out a way (probably already knows exactly how) to make $100Bs from crypto-currency, because they hire and have "the best and brightest".
    Which congresscritter makes $100B a year?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which congresscritter makes $100B a year?
    I was referring to your "the finance industry these days", not Congressional s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was referring to your "the finance industry these days", not Congressional s.
    Oh it was another one of your rants... ok, carry on

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The voter doesn't deserve to know if Biden will pack the court, he says.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyone planning on packing the court is an extremist loon. To position Biden as a vote for "normalcy" is absurd.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anyone planning on packing the court is an extremist loon. To position Biden as a vote for "normalcy" is absurd.
    If they can't say no, then it's a yes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone ought to make a t-shirt with "We DESERVE to know"

And hats, mugs, yard signs, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You should do that. Will fit nicely with the collection of MAGA hats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

But NOT masks, amirite?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's crazy about it? It's not like the government isn't already backstopping that loan.
    Do I scrimp and save and tell my children they can only go to state schools and some else is irresponsible - chooses to go to some expensive uni and rack up tens/hundreds of thousands in debt and we the tax payer must pay for it?

Why don't we just forgive everyone's credit card debt? Should those who have been responsible and pay off their credit card every month pay for those who have been irresponsible and run up a ton of debt?

Where does this insanity end?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You should do that. Will fit nicely with the collection of MAGA hats.
    If I planned to do that, I wouldn't be broadcasting it, and I don't have anything MAGA except my (front edited) 2016 yard sign. But someone reading might be open to doing it - it's nice that in this somewhat CAPITALISTIC country, someone could have an idea and make some money. I especially loved the first cardboard car sunshade - such a simple idea - yet no one had ever thought of it and whoever did first made tons.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Know if there will be a peaceful transition of power?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But NOT masks, amirite?
    etc.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Know what Donald Trump’s healthcare plan is?

Know what kind of stimulus Trump plans on passing after the election?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I planned to do that, I wouldn't be broadcasting it, and I don't have anything MAGA except my (front edited) 2016 yard sign. But someone reading might be open to doing it - it's nice that in this somewhat CAPITALISTIC country, someone could have an idea and make some money. I especially loved the first cardboard car sunshade - such a simple idea - yet no one had ever thought of it and whoever did first made tons.
    You should totally do it. Spend a lot of money on it if possible too... that ought to trigger dem libs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Know what Donald Trump’s healthcare plan is?

Know what kind of stimulus Trump plans on passing after the election?
    Why don't you ask him? I would bet a lot of money that his answer won't be "They don't deserve to know"

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Why don't you ask him? I would bet a lot of money that his answer won't be "They don't deserve to know"
    So Biden isn’t the only one not being totally transparent glad we agree

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They don't deserve to know" is beyond the pale - waaaaaay worse that the dodging and pitiful accusation of Trump packing the court - if Trump was doing anything wrong regarding SC nomination, there would be lawsuits.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Biden isn’t the only one not being totally transparent glad we agree
    You guys just don't get it, do you? Attacking voters (saying we don't DESERVE to know) is completely different than not being totally transparent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imo, it's even worse than DEPLORABLES because it refers to all voters - not just Trump supporters.

Thread Information