Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And his best friend, Chris Wallace, won't hold his feet to the fire. Trump had to do the moderator's job.

Wallace should be canned from Fox, tbqh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Repugs and conservatives have been blocking Obama and packing the court for 10 years.

The Repugs' court packing:

blocked Obama's SCOTUS judge,

and blocked all of OBama's Federal judges,

then forced through a totally unqualified, impeachable, perjuring Kavanaugh, and

then Repugs seat 200+ Federal judges, young, ABA-unapproved, extreme right wing ideologues to positions left open by blocking Obama.

But now, the Dems say packing the court would be, for them, politically unacceptable or some such bull . the Dems.

Dems win the Senate, and "punch back hard" at Repug court packing, by seating 5 very young progressive justices, giving For The People 8 - 6 advantage over For The Oligarchy assholes.

I expect Thomas to quit in a couple years.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-03-2020 at 03:16 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why that would be unprecedented.
    it would almost be like a threat.

did Joe go to a red team meeting?

but, but... this is not uncons utional.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They could just reduce the court to 7 and remove the last two who joined most recently.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And his best friend, Chris Wallace, won't hold his feet to the fire. Trump had to do the moderator's job.

he does because he’s relentlessly truthful.
    can’t have that on Fox
    It’s funny that people forget Chris Wallace and his scorching of blue team members under Obama

you need a tucker Carlson ruling type Replacement.
    “Well you really can’t take this guy seriously and if you watch this program you know he lies”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Wallace should be canned from Fox

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repugs : “biden has to announce that he WILL pack the courts in order to assuage our guilt for stealing scotus justices!”

Biden: “No.”

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hidin Biden > Typhoid Trump

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Wallace has been auditioning for a job with CNN for years. I'm sure he will be signing a Megyn Kelly type contract any day now after that hit job.

Dana Perino would have been a fair and balanced voice.

he does because he’s relentlessly truthful.
    can’t have that on Fox
    It’s funny that people forget Chris Wallace and his scorching of blue team members under Obama

you need a tucker Carlson ruling type Replacement.
    “Well you really can’t take this guy seriously and if you watch this program you know he lies”

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Hidin Biden > Typhoid Trump
    Biden ain’t the one hidin right now

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm used to the anti-conservative media by now. Even Fox has their fair share of swindlers. Credit to MSNBC for keeping their network true to who they really are. Fox should take notes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why that would be unprecedented.

it would almost be like a threat.

did Joe go to a red team meeting?

but, but... this is not uncons utional.
    C says nothing about the number of SCOTUS judges, so if, eg 14, (8-6) is not illegal, it's legal

the Repugs, oligarchy, BigCorp

and

the seat-warming, place-holding, feckless Dems

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm used to the anti-conservative media by now. Even Fox has their fair share of swindlers. Credit to MSNBC for keeping their network true to who they really are. Fox should take notes.
    MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate Democrat news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

Theres no reason Biden should have to definitively answer a question on court packing right now. He doesn’t know if the Democrats even win the senate and he doesn’t know how much SCOTUS is going to obstruct healthcare reform. Biden isn’t the problem - federalist Society zealots who rule in favor of bad faith legal arguments that are intended to people with pre-existing conditions are.

It’s ridiculous that 10 years after Obamacare is passed, Republicans are incapable of offering any alternatives to it but they’re fighting tooth and nail to get rid of it even after they couldn’t even get their own senators on board with repealing it. Conservatives cry about how liberals allegedly improperly use the court system whenever they can’t get something done legislatively but that’s exactly what Republicans are doing with Obamacare.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate “REPUBLICAN CLASSIC” news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

Theres no reason Biden should have to definitively answer a question on court packing right now. He doesn’t know if the Democrats even win the senate and he doesn’t know how much SCOTUS is going to obstruct healthcare reform. Biden isn’t the problem - federalist Society zealots who rule in favor of bad faith legal arguments that are intended to people with pre-existing conditions are.

It’s ridiculous that 10 years after Obamacare is passed, Republicans are incapable of offering any alternatives to it but they’re fighting tooth and nail to get rid of it even after they couldn’t even get their own senators on board with repealing it. Conservatives cry about how liberals allegedly improperly use the court system whenever they can’t get something done legislatively but that’s exactly what Republicans are doing with Obamacare.

fify

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Well, It's true MSDNC is not hard left,(poor Bernie) but they do at least stay left with the exception of backing the Iraq war and corporate welfare.

And we both know that the ACA is anything but affordable and needs to be taken out of it's misery. So not even sure why Dems are tripping over Reps/SCOTUS taking it behind the barn and putting a bullet in it's head. All signs seem to point to them having total control of the federal government. They can pass whatever they want to pass to replace it w/o bipartisan support this Jan. Just own it now so the electorate knows your true intentions. Same for the Green Deal...does he back it or does he not back it? He's looking like John Kerry who was for things before he was against them.

MSNBC did everything it could to tank Bernie’s campaign. It’s not a left wing news network, it’s a centrist corporate Democrat news network (and I don’t mean centrist as unbiased).

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, It's true MSDNC is not hard left,(poor Bernie) but they do at least stay left with the exception of backing the Iraq war and corporate welfare.

And we both know that the ACA is anything but affordable and needs to be taken out of it's misery. So not even sure why Dems are tripping over Reps/SCOTUS taking it behind the barn and putting a bullet in it's head. All signs seem to point to them having total control of the federal government. They can pass whatever they want to pass to replace it w/o bipartisan support this Jan. Just own it now so the electorate knows your true intentions. Same for the Green Deal...does he back it or does he not back it? He's looking like John Kerry who was for things before he was against them.
    LOL the network has Republicans hosting two of its main shows, eg Scarborough and Nicole Wallace, and constantly trots that ing cow Claire McCaskill out to on anything progressive because she knows how to win red states (I guess by having your opponent talk about legitimate rape?).

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he does pack the court. Mitch and Trump would do the same.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Lol “we both know” so much gaslighting.

Whether the ACA is affordable is something for congress and POTUS to decide (and for voters who elect said politicians). SCOTUS isn’t supposed to be in the business of throwing legislation out just because it doesn’t accomplish something it’s supposed to accomplish. The Republicans had two years to put the ACA out of its misery and tripped over its own trying to.

true intentions. As if Trump has revealed his true intentions on healthcare by constantly promising a healthcare plan offering the same pre-existing condition protections as Obamacare that’s been 2 weeks away for the last 4 years. Biden’s campaign website has plenty of detail regarding his healthcare plan and climate change plan. The Republican Party doesn’t even have a 2020 platform

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In hindsight I'm honestly surprised they didn't.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    LOL the network has Republicans hosting two of its main shows, eg Scarborough and Nicole Wallace, and constantly trots that ing cow Claire McCaskill out to on anything progressive because she knows how to win red states (I guess by having your opponent talk about legitimate rape?).
    Scarborough a Republican

He likely has voted straight ticket Democrat for the last 15 years.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Mitch already did pack the court. He reduced the size of the lower courts by over 120 judges in Obama’s 2nd term and he reduced the size of SCOTUS from 9 to 8 for an entire year. Before saying Democrats would do the same, that’s not true. In 2007 and 2008 the Dems had a senate majority but they didn’t block all of GWB’s court appointments during that time, they compromised with him so some of his judges and some of their judges got confirmed.

The rules allowed for Mitch to do all of that just like the rules allow for Biden to pack the court. One isn’t any more egregious than the other since no senate majority leader before McConnell engaged in the same level of partisan judiciary pissing matches. If McConnell is allowed to ignore past norms that might have existed and do whatever the rules allow him to do then so is Biden.

The real media bias is that it views court packing as this delicate issue but there’s no reporting on how McConnell keeping over 100 seats empty when Obama was President is just as much of a slap in the face to historical norms.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scarborough a Republican

He likely has voted straight ticket Democrat for the last 15 years.
    Republicans have been irredeemable since 2003, so that makes sense.

Thread Information