Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ratings fell by 70%. There were literally 3 times the amount of people watching the Finals last year as compared to this year. And that’s with the biggest brand in the NBA, the biggest star in the NBA, and the games going against literally no other major sporting events.

You can say well ratings fell for all sports (which isn’t true) but that doesn’t explain why 70% of a fan base just left the NBA. Baseball playoff ratings are up. Football is about even to slightly down. Golf is up exponentially. But none of them are even CLOSE to losing 70% of their market.

The NBA got political and it backfired in a major way. Lebron James decided to be a SJW and it backfired. Jordan got a lot of for the “Republicans buy sneakers too” line but he was ALWAYS must see tv. Ratings went down when he left not when he was actually playing
    👍👍

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.si.com/wnba/2020/10/07/s...art-sweep-aces

No one watched or cared for this le I am sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this rate WNBA ratings will surpass NBA ratings within a decade tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being a glorified summer league championship probably doesn't help. It's just not interesting.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David was fooled. A lot of of conservatives were for a period of 3-10 years or so. Some snapped out of it sooner than others. I wouldn't be surprised if he feels much differently about it now. The irony was seeing liberals support all the sh** they railed about during the Bush years for Obama/Hillary. One side woke up. The other side does whatever they're told. I know this is a polarizing take; but it's pretty much the truth of the matter.
    Uhm no conservative are blind followers much like liberals. This is one of the few times where I say both sides are the same when comes to blindly following whatever their leader tells them. Tell me the stuff liberals supported during the Obama years that they didn't support under Bush?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhm no conservative are blind followers much like liberals. This is one of the few times where I say both sides are the same when comes to blindly following whatever their leader tells them. Tell me the stuff liberals supported during the Obama years that they didn't support under Bush?
    Conservatives defied the Bushbama sh**. Democrats have now tripled down on it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only 5.6 million people watched game 7 of the Clippers Nuggets series. High ratings. Today’s NBA
    Also only 1.6 million people watched game 6 so yes once again politics are playing a huge part. Did you just wake up to this or something? Bc there was a stat showing that NBA had the lowest rating conference finals, lowest rating second round match ups. I guess you say 5.6 million people for one game counts as a “win” for your argument but I say the 1.6 million people the game before, the lowest rated conference finals and the lowest rated NBA finals in history says that people aren’t liking the whole politics thing. It also blows out the notion that the majority of the NBAs fans are left. Maybe it was more even than you would like to admit.
    You are conveniently leaving out the 1.6 million came on the same night the NFL was on. I mentioned in my previous post the NBA is losing ratings also due to competing with the NFL. They are never going to win that match up so that's disingenuous. I would say the low ratings have to do with lack of compe ion and bad basketball and lack of star power. Every series the Lakers have played has ended 4-1. Usually people don't find dominant runs entertaining. Why is ratings in baseball,NHL,Nascar, US Open all down? All are dominant white sports that have large conservative fan bases? Politics is playing a small role why the ratings are bad. I think you wish the NBA actually had a large conservative base so you would feel better about watching a league that would reflect your beliefs. Conservatives haven't given a about the NBA since the 90's Jordan era.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Conservatives defied the Bushbama sh**. Democrats have now tripled down on it.
    You are not making any sense. What is Bushbama ?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are not making any sense. What is Bushbama ?
    Clinton-Gore-Kerry-Bama-Hillary-Biden are all cut from the same cloth, dude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm honestly kinda shocked, it's lebron and the lakers in the finals. something is up.
    i'm conservative as but i've never really cared about the nba being pozzed, it's been pozzed a long time - just the nature of helmetless star driven sport. i dont even notice or care about the hypocrisy im just interested in the hoops. i enjoy watching basketball for its own sake - i love the sport even if i dont really follow it as analytically as many fans.
    the game has definitely changed in many ways for the worse - it's like when my son would turn the game to the easiest setting and just breeze through stuff and rack up tons of easy kills; is this really fun? an empty stat that means nothing because it's without real challenge or accomplishment (russ and his trip dubs). it's the difficulty and overcoming it; that's what made suffocating defense and low scoring games tense. each bucket was was a huge deal. a 30 point highlight was unbelievable.
    blah blah, kids today. if the finals suck after covid then you might be onto something but im not convinced its political; at any rate im one of the people that should turn it off bc of the sjw stuff but it's not that, it's just boring to watch most of the time.
    ill catch the game tonight probably
    This has been one of the main issues for me over the past decade. Everything comes too easy for high powered offenses and star players. Individual baskets don't feel attritional and points scored or big stops before the closing moments of the 4th quarter don't swing the odds in any one team's favor all that much. In baseball, a bases loaded situation with no outs in the 1st inning is a HUGE event. In football, a pick 6 in the 1st quarter to swing a game that was about to be 7-7 to 14-0 is a HUGE event. In other sports, game defining moments can come at any time, any inning, quarter, etc. In basketball, a 6 point swing in the 2nd quarter doesn't mean much. Now basketball has always had this issue with there not being much tension until the latter 4th quarter, but that problem has been magnified with how easy it is to score today. Last I checked, the Heat were up 6. I already knew they would likely lose and they did.

This speaks to your description of basketball being on "easy mode" for great teams and players. When a great team/player is losing/struggling, they can more easily flip the switch and impose their will on the game than in other sports. As you said, nothing seems like it's a "challenge" to overcome for the favored teams and players. "Oh, Lebron had yet another near triple-double on great shooting efficiency? You don't say!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has been one of the main issues for me over the past decade. Everything comes too easy for high powered offenses and star players. Individual baskets don't feel attritional and points scored or big stops before the closing moments of the 4th quarter don't swing the odds in any one team's favor all that much. In baseball, a bases loaded situation with no outs in the 1st inning is a HUGE event. In football, a pick 6 in the 1st quarter to swing a game that was about to be 7-7 to 14-0 is a HUGE event. In other sports, game defining moments can come at any time, any inning, quarter, etc. In basketball, a 6 point swing in the 2nd quarter doesn't mean much. Now basketball has always had this issue with there not being much tension until the latter 4th quarter, but that problem has been magnified with how easy it is to score today. Last I checked, the Heat were up 6. I already knew they would likely lose and they did.

This speaks to your description of basketball being on "easy mode" for great teams and players. When a great team/player is losing/struggling, they can more easily flip the switch and impose their will on the game than in other sports. As you said, nothing seems like it's a "challenge" to overcome for the favored teams and players. "Oh, Lebron had yet another near triple-double on great shooting efficiency? You don't say!"
    Growing up during the 90's and even I became an adult during the early '00s it was always a big deal when a player got 40 are more points. With rule changes this decade these guys are easily getting 40-50 plus games on the regular now which takes away the excitement. When I was younger I cared when I missed a guy scoring 50 but now I won't even youtube the player's 50 point game unless it's a spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Growing up during the 90's and even I became an adult during the early '00s it was always a big deal when a player got 40 are more points. With rule changes this decade these guys are easily getting 40-50 plus games on the regular now which takes away the excitement. When I was younger I cared when I missed a guy scoring 50 but now I won't even youtube the player's 50 point game unless it's a spur.
    Yeah, when Westbrook averaged a triple double for the season, which was one of the marquee accomplishments in sports, no one really cared. If Jason Kidd did it the early 00s, it would've been a huge deal. As a baseball fan, I also felt this way about the steroid era. In '01, Bonds had 73, Sosa 64, Luis Gonzalez 57 . Absurd.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adam Silver said social justice messaging will be off next season... Looks like the racism is over boys.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, when Westbrook averaged a triple double for the season, which was one of the marquee accomplishments in sports, no one really cared. If Jason Kidd did it the early 00s, it would've been a huge deal. As a baseball fan, I also felt this way about the steroid era. In '01, Bonds had 73, Sosa 64, Luis Gonzalez 57 . Absurd.
    The Westbrook triple double run was disgusting to watch. He was blatantly stat padding every game to get the triple double. I remember seeing games where he was telling Steven Adams not to get the rebound so he could get it. He really benefited from the bs media narrative that season about him being selfless by staying in OKC unlike Durant who left. Westbrook bas ized the triple double. After what he did the triple double has now become irrelevant in my eyes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the result of all the rigging. Basketball is inorganic at this point.
    The casual viewer has no reason to watch a basketball game before the 4th quarter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The commie left is a scourge on America/Earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are conveniently leaving out the 1.6 million came on the same night the NFL was on. I mentioned in my previous post the NBA is losing ratings also due to competing with the NFL. They are never going to win that match up so that's disingenuous. I would say the low ratings have to do with lack of compe ion and bad basketball and lack of star power. Every series the Lakers have played has ended 4-1. Usually people don't find dominant runs entertaining. Why is ratings in baseball,NHL,Nascar, US Open all down? All are dominant white sports that have large conservative fan bases? Politics is playing a small role why the ratings are bad. I think you wish the NBA actually had a large conservative base so you would feel better about watching a league that would reflect your beliefs. Conservatives haven't given a about the NBA since the 90's Jordan era.
    You are proving my point more and more buddy. No other league is facing this problem. None. the Jets faced the Broncos drew better than the Finals and 200k less than game 7 that you were hyping. And that is as ty as a match up as you can get. Your explanation is all over the place. “People hate Lebron. He’s polarizing. People don’t want to see a person they hate win the chip.” But you’re conveniently leaving out WHY they hate Lebron. As a person he is by all accounts a good role model. But it’s bc he’s so vocal about politics that the majority hate him. It’s not Lebron fatigue bc of his play, he’s been in 9 other finals and ALL of them got better ratings than this. It’s that people got fed up with the narrative that he and Silver are pushing.

I stopped watching bc of today’s nba. The product has become pussified and absolute . But I’m a die hard not a typical fan. Idgaf about Lebrons political view. But there are millions of people that do. NBA ratings fell by 40% in the last two years. It can’t just be a coincidence. Lebron in the biggest market can’t draw a rating. That can’t be a coincidence either. No other league is facing this problem. And it’s bc the nba committed senpoku

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Cruz he probably owns lot of stuff that was made in China

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ted cruz dropping truth bombs per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ted cruz dropping truth bombs per par
    By being a hypocrite?

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beyond the obvious incoming ass pounding of 2004 finals, I never watch Lakers finals. them and their west coast of a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beyond the obvious incoming ass pounding of 2004 finals, I never watch Lakers finals. them and their west coast of a franchise.
    at people who thought they were going to beat Detroit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump supporters being a bunch of snowflakes as usual

Thread Information