Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Too black tbh. The product on the court, the messages/discussion on the telecast and the commercials.

Hockey has more diversity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too black tbh. The product on the court, the messages/discussion on the telecast and the commercials.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Imagine if it was the Spurs in the finals. Might be only 4 people watching period.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    I turned it on for a few minutes last night, tbh. That's all I could take of Mark Jackson and Van Gundy though so I switched it back off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed they have a lot of white diversity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Imagine if it was the Spurs in the finals. Might be only 4 people watching period.
    5 if you include Skip Bayless

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well apparently Adam Silver agrees with me. Why else would he pass this referendum?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need to waste time on something that is clearly already decided.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This one was easy to predict. They risked going bankrupt continuing on this Lebron, left wing suicide mission.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The communist messaging needs to end. I have friends or colleagues who are not even into politics that say they just cant take it any more and prefer to do anything else than to watch the NFL or NBA. They overplayed their hand by caving into these gots requests. Today its BLM then LGBT then trannies etc it never ends with the mentally ill

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The communist messaging needs to end. I have friends or colleagues who are not even into politics that say they just cant take it any more and prefer to do anything else than to watch the NFL or NBA. They overplayed their hand by caving into these gots requests. Today its BLM then LGBT then trannies etc it never ends with the mentally ill
    I don't see any communist messaging? Just because you disagree with the NBA's stance on BLM does not make it communism messaging. Believe it or not I do find the SJW propaganda annoying but it's not communism. Communism is when the government controls every industry,business, and your freedoms. I don't see the NBA promoting a message for the government to do any of that stuff.

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is the USA the only country that glorifies thug culture as a good thing? In any other country thugs are hated and demonized with a passion. They don't work or contribute to society in any positive way, yet they're worshipped as if they're the second coming of Jesus by the sjw left. Wgaf is some unemployed thug got killed by police. You don't want to get killed by police, then don't get combative with them and get a real job and they will leave you alone. Sane rational American people are tired of this made up racist bull . Thugs aren't hated due to ethnicity or skin color. They are hated because they have a ty work ethic and bad at udes. Just ask any employer in America.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bravo^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the Spurs were in the Finals, I probably still wouldn't watch. I feel like I'm being a traitor to something I traditionally loved, but the constant tinkering of the product over the years by NBA brass for the purpose of turning the sport into a glorified All Star game came to fruition over the past few years. NBA basketball doesn't seem like a real sport. It more seems like a factory assembly line designed to pump out constant highlights and "storylines" that people can share and chew over on twitter. "NBA memes" is a thing. It's not a "thing" in other sports.

I don't care about the political . I can ignore it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Westbrook triple double run was disgusting to watch. He was blatantly stat padding every game to get the triple double. I remember seeing games where he was telling Steven Adams not to get the rebound so he could get it. He really benefited from the bs media narrative that season about him being selfless by staying in OKC unlike Durant who left. Westbrook bas ized the triple double. After what he did the triple double has now become irrelevant in my eyes.
    Yep. In NO other sport can you control your stats in this way. You can't "stat pad" yourself to a Triple Crown because just hitting a baseball is so damn hard. QBs can stat pad a bit, but their success largely relies on the coordination of 10 other players to be in sync. Non-QB players can't stat pad at all. Just look at Kobe's final game. It was decided he was going to out with a 60 point game and he did through excessive chucking and deferment by teammates. Sure Utah relaxed their defense a bit, but it still proves the point of how modern NBA basketball is basically a video game on easy mode. There's no attrition anymore.

Some sports could benefit from a bump in scoring and offense, like soccer, baseball, etc but basketball was already a super high scoring sport vs. others. Yet the league felt they needed more scoring? Makes no sense. After thinking about this for a few years, I've come to the belief that 75-80 points per game/per 48 min would be the sweet spot team scoring average.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. In NO other sport can you control your stats in this way. You can't "stat pad" yourself to a Triple Crown because just hitting a baseball is so damn hard. QBs can stat pad a bit, but their success largely relies on the coordination of 10 other players to be in sync. Non-QB players can't stat pad at all. Just look at Kobe's final game. It was decided he was going to out with a 60 point game and he did through excessive chucking and deferment by teammates. Sure Utah relaxed their defense a bit, but it still proves the point of how modern NBA basketball is basically a video game on easy mode. There's no attrition anymore.

Some sports could benefit from a bump in scoring and offense, like soccer, baseball, etc but basketball was already a super high scoring sport vs. others. Yet the league felt they needed more scoring? Makes no sense. After thinking about this for a few years, I've come to the belief that 75-80 points per game/per 48 min would be the sweet spot team scoring average.
    We were at that moment during the height of the defensive era during the mid '00s. I remember the Spurs and Pistons had a lot of games where they were holding teams below 70. The league panicked after the Spurs-Pistons won from '03-'05. That's when they started tinkering with the defensive rules to increasing scoring. They felt because Spurs-Pistons generated bad ratings that defense was bad and they had to increase offense for ratings.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We were at that moment during the height of the defensive era during the mid '00s. I remember the Spurs and Pistons had a lot of games where they were holding teams below 70. The league panicked after the Spurs-Pistons won from '03-'05. That's when they started tinkering with the defensive rules to increasing scoring. They felt because Spurs-Pistons generated bad ratings that defense was bad and they had to increase offense for ratings.
    Yep. The league was salivating for the next Jordan, and didn't like the fact that the mid-00s were dominated by bigs like Shaq and Timmy. Shaq was marketable, but bigs still don't market like flashy guards. Stern definitely wanted the Lakers to be Kobe's team. When it looked like Kobe wouldn't do much with the post-Shaq Lakers, we started seeing a load of "superstar treatment" given to great guards and perimeter players like Wade, Arenas, Carter, and such, while crafting rule changes along the way to facilitate more perimeter scoring at the expense of post-play.

Some might say, "But the mid-00s were too post-play centric. You're just mad your preferred style is gone in this era." No. The mid-00s weren't post-centric at all. The Kings, Suns, and Mavs all played high paced, perimeter oriented games, and they should probably all have won les in that era. Kings choked while getting hosed in '02. Mavs hosed in '06. Suns choked in '07 with Amare and Diaw not being able to keep their cool. I'm glad we have the '07 le, but the Spurs probably weren't the best team that year.

Back then, the rule sets along with the 3 pointer not being the weapon it is today allowed for more diversity of play styles than we see today.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 10-07-2020 at 11:58 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. The league was salivating for the next Jordan, and didn't like the fact that the mid-00s were dominated by bigs like Shaq and Timmy. Shaq was marketable, but bigs still don't market like flashy guards. Stern definitely wanted the Lakers to be Kobe's team. When it looked like Kobe wouldn't do much with the post-Shaq Lakers, we started seeing a load of "superstar treatment" given to great guards and perimeter players like Wade, Arenas, Carter, and such, while crafting rule changes along the way to facilitate more perimeter scoring at the expense of post-play.

Some might say, "But the mid-00s were too post-play centric. You're just mad your preferred style is gone in this era." No. The mid-00s weren't post-centric at all. The Kings, Suns, and Mavs all played high paced, perimeter oriented games, and they should probably all have won les in that era. Kings choked while getting hosed in '02. Mavs hosed in '06. Suns choked in '07 with Amare and Diaw not being able to keep their cool. I'm glad we have the '07 le, but the Spurs probably weren't the best team that year.

Back then, the rule sets along with the 3 pointer not being the weapon it is today allowed for more diversity of play styles than we see today.
    I thought the league did a terrible job of marketing the Spurs-Lakers rivalry during the early '00s when it came to Duncan vs Shaq. When I talked to young people about how Duncan and Shaq matched up a lot during those series there are always in awe. My favorite era of the league was from '02-'08. Defense was top notch during that time period and you had a lot of parity.
    Last edited by daslicer; 10-08-2020 at 01:11 AM.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Is the USA the only country that glorifies thug culture as a good thing? In any other country thugs are hated and demonized with a passion. They don't work or contribute to society in any positive way, yet they're worshipped as if they're the second coming of Jesus by the sjw left. Wgaf is some unemployed thug got killed by police. You don't want to get killed by police, then don't get combative with them and get a real job and they will leave you alone. Sane rational American people are tired of this made up racist bull . Thugs aren't hated due to ethnicity or skin color. They are hated because they have a ty work ethic and bad at udes. Just ask any employer in America.
    It goes deeper than that. Left gives the thuggery a pass because they believe whites/system has left the black community mentally handicapped. They believe whites put them in this position and only whites are capable of rescuing them. Compare to how the left looks down on rednecks.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Spurs/Pistons was one of the best Final's series in recent memory, imo. If you are a basketball purist you loved the tough, grind it out battle of Duncan vs the Wallace boys. Unfortunately they pandered to the low attention span kids and turned it into a ASG to improve ratings. No turning back from here, it is what it is now.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Spurs/Pistons was one of the best Final's series in recent memory, imo. If you are a basketball purist you loved the tough, grind it out battle of Duncan vs the Wallace boys. Unfortunately they pandered to the low attention span kids and turned it into a ASG to improve ratings. No turning back from here, it is what it is now.
    NBA Finals is sh**. It's like watching pickup ball. Except it's not even that good; because one team isn't allowed to play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah white redneck racist thugs are a huge problem, I agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly.

Not sure why a lot of people hated on Rockets-Knicks in 1994
    The defensive intensity was off the charts and there was some drama too

Ewing struggling offensively but great defensively and somehow hitting a big 3 pointer in game 4 or 5, you had a rookie hitting a clutch shot in game 3 (Cassell), Stark was clutch in games 4 and 5 and deadly in game 6 before returnig to grocery bagger status and ting the bed in game 7.

Smith and Maxwell were struggling the whole series, until they hit big shots late in games 6 & 7 (Kenny in G6 and Maxwell in G7)

And you also had the live OJ chase feed in the middle of a game
    Last edited by lefty; 10-08-2020 at 09:31 AM.

Thread Information