My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Not sure why a lot of people hated on Rockets-Knicks in 1994
    The defensive intensity was off the charts and there was some drama too

Ewing struggling offensively but great defensively and somehow hitting a big 3 pointer in game 4 or 5, you had a rookie hitting a clutch shot in game 3 (Cassell), Stark was clutch in games 4 and 5 and deadly in game 6 before returnig to grocery bagger status and ting the bed in game 7.

Smith and Maxwell were struggling the whole series, until they hit big shots late in games 6 & 7 (Kenny in G6 and Maxwell in G7)

And you also had the live OJ chase feed in the middle of a game
    It's sad that that game pretty much has defined his career. He isn't looked at as an overachiever, he's looked at as the guy who failed in GM 7 when it mattered most. Not sure that is fair, all things considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's sad that that game pretty much has defined his career. He isn't looked at as an overachiever, he's looked at as the guy who failed in GM 7 when it mattered most. Not sure that is fair, all things considered.
    It’s pretty tragic tbh....

Starks was really amazing in game 6, and it took the greatest shot blocker of all time to stop him that night.
    I’m 200% convinced that shot was going in if not for that block.

Hard to recover from that, and Starks tried too hard in game 7 to make up for that game 6 loss

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    It’s pretty tragic tbh....

Starks was really amazing in game 6, and it took the greatest shot blocker of all time to stop him that night.
    I’m 200% convinced that shot was going in if not for that block.

Hard to recover from that, and Starks tried too hard in game 7 to make up for that game 6 loss
    Too bad his last name wasn’t Evita or Enrique

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Well mid, NFL, MLB playoffs and even NHL are all going on during the NBA playoffs.

Also, do these numbers account for streaming? For example, I bought OLOGY TV for basically $20/month. It is a streaming service that gives me all the PPVs, NBALP, NFL Ticket, UFC, (and XXX ) and more. This is how I watched my Lakers the last 4 years.

If the ratings is not counted fans who stream games like me, the numbers are as real as Trump's hair

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Here comes the ratings

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes the ratings

China with the stimulus money for the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...irst-more-year

Ratings are ratings some good news but reason is nebulous

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    China with the stimulus money for the NBA.
    The OP won't admit the ratings tanked when China stopped watching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes the ratings

Rkrfan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Go Heat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here comes the ratings

LeRoid slurping that Chinese D

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you don’t believe black lives matter, then don’t let the door hit your booty on the way out. We don’t need racist fans!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well mid, NFL, MLB playoffs and even NHL are all going on during the NBA playoffs.

Also, do these numbers account for streaming? For example, I bought OLOGY TV for basically $20/month. It is a streaming service that gives me all the PPVs, NBALP, NFL Ticket, UFC, (and XXX ) and more. This is how I watched my Lakers the last 4 years.

If the ratings is not counted fans who stream games like me, the numbers are as real as Trump's hair
    Ratings don't count streaming, but we can evaluate the NBA's relative popularity regardless because other leagues have also had their terrestrial ratings affected by cord-cutting. The fact the NBA has had the largest drop off, even though other leagues also got "woke," leads me to believe the league is losing more and more "core" NBA fans, those fans who watch basketball for basketball and don't care about twitter drama, following stars from team to team, and have been largely turned off by the modern playstyle. I remember saying to you when the Lakers were irrelevant, "I bet you haven't watched much NBA outside of the Lakers." And you said, "Guilty." I think as an older school fan, you know the on-court product is subpar and not all that interesting as a non-invested observer.

To your other point about China, their ratings won't factor into US tv ratings. I'm sure the ratings will be huge there, but I'm talking about the drop off in the US.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of wish the Heat lost tonight. Many holdouts will return for a Game 6/7 and give these gots money.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I kind of wish the Heat lost tonight. Many holdouts will return for a Game 6/7 and give these gots money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the reasons the finals ratings are poor is because the finals usually aren't in october in a big gym in orlando

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of the reasons the finals ratings are poor is because the finals usually aren't in october in a big gym in orlando
    Okay. Other sports don't get to play in front of fans. Have their ratings fell as much?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If the ratings decline is truly because half the country are racist assholes, then the NBA should view it as an acceptable loss and move forward with a new business plan that excludes those former fans, and in no way attempts to win them back.

But chances are the decline has to do with bubble fatigue, no live crowds, and James Harden breaking the game, which will require a rewrite of certain rules to prevent the gimmicky garbage offense we’re seeing every night. Changing those rules will severely hurt my own team, as Luka is the perfect weapon to play in this era, but doing things like extending the 3pt line/eliminating corner 3’s/more offensive fouls for manufacturing contact are necessary to make the game more watchable.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Okay. Other sports don't get to play in front of fans. Have their ratings fell as much?
    Exactly. People are still watching the NFL and MLB.

NBA is self destructing by handing the car keys over to Lebron.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    People are still watching the NFL and MLB.
    lol nope, ratings down for them too. nice try.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    MLB is success

"The wild-card round went head-to-head with the NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, the NFL, college football, and the first presidential debate – and held its own."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    MLB is success

"The wild-card round went head-to-head with the NBA playoffs, NHL playoffs, the NFL, college football, and the first presidential debate – and held its own."
    Nope. MLB ratings are better than expected but still down. Here’s my own unsourced quote on the matter.

“Major League Baseball ratings which are also down in the return from the pandemic.”

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Here comes the ratings

Chinese got to witness another end-of-game beta performance by Qing James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They down 70% though? I mean this is ALL TIME low for the NBA finals. Literally have to back to the 70s for these types of ratings. Yeah baseball and football and stuff are down, that is expected. But none of them are down 70 ing percent. None of them are having all time lows. None of them are even close to NBA level of losing viewers.

Thread Information