Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The Jews aren't supporting Biden?
    Adelson has pumped more than $175 million into Trump/GOP senate campaigns this election cycle. None of the amorphous “Jews” you’re talking about who support Biden are donating anywhere near that much money, not even overlord Soros.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adelson has pumped more than $175 million into Trump/GOP senate campaigns this election cycle. None of the amorphous “Jews” you’re talking about who support Biden are donating anywhere near that much money, not even overlord Soros.
    Collectively, the Jews are donating more to Biden. You're basically mad that one of your Jews is getting out of line.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    lol thinking im mono
    lol cant answer the question because youre a lying got

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Collectively, the Jews are donating more to Biden. You're basically mad that one of your Jews is getting out of line.
    I’m guessing you can’t prove that. Am I right?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jews go for Democrats at about a 75 percent clip in voting.
    I shouldn't think the donation rates should much differ.
    I should think you wouldn't bet otherwise.
    But you need to clutch your pearls at goes to figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do pitchers have more impact on outcome of one single game than basketball players? If baseball season was 40 games per team would pitchers be more dominant than star nba players? How much pitchers dependant on fielding? I don't know a lot about baseball, so your take is interesting.
    Pitchers can have a similar individual dominance on individual game basis as NBA stars (comparing WAR to VORP), but the difference is star pitchers only play about once every five games, so you can't ride a GOAT ace every game like you can a basketball GOAT.

Furthermore, there's also more parity in the amount of superstar pitchers in the league vs. the amount of "true" NBA superstars. For example, the difference in WAR between the best pitcher in the league and the tenth best in 2018-19 was 2.1. The difference in VORP between the best NBA player and tenth best was 4.2. And this 4 to 5 point gap is pretty consistent over the years, while a 2 to 3 point gap is consistent for the difference between MLB star pitchers. This translates into fans hoping their team has a ping pong ball bounce their way or they make a free agency splash. There's just not enough talent to go around for the NBA to have strong parity.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This would've been better than NBA Finals, tbh.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    This would've been better than NBA Finals, tbh.

how would you know if you didnt watch the finals?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how would you know if you didnt watch the finals?
    You dumb AF.

You follow these NBA threads and should know how wrong you are right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guarantee that guy lives at home. 100%.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did the final ratings come out for this sham bubble tourney?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-tv-watching

They are and being spun as not NBA fault of course but down 51% WOW

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    You dumb AF.

You follow these NBA threads and should know how wrong you are right now.
    I just recall you posting constantly about how bad the refs were, how bad the Lakers looked, how rigged everything was, how bad the games were... and wondered how you could have such opinions if you didn't watch hardly any of the finals as you claimed?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just recall you posting constantly about how bad the refs were, how bad the Lakers looked, how rigged everything was, how bad the games were... and wondered how you could have such opinions if you didn't watch hardly any of the finals as you claimed?
    Go review the transcript further. Not my problem you can't keep up.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sun...ip-1234793078/

And that's with the league's marquee team and player in the Finals. Covid to blame? Some people turned off by BLM? Combination of both?

I think it goes deeper than that. Using this forum as barometer, we've seen many of the usual NBA fans no longer post much about the sport. Mav Crew, HarlemHeat, among many others, despite them being active in the NFL forum, political forum and such. Lefty might've jokingly predicted it with today's NBA, but I think he was on to something. The modern game centered around 3 pointers and fouls is uninteresting, with the league doing everything and anything to accelerate pace even more, with re ed rules like a 14 second shot clock after an offensive rebound. It's obvious the league's strategy is to appeal to teenagers on twitter, since the modern product is producing more "highlights" than ever before, which are easily shared on social media. Not to mention their courting of "twitter drama," which also appeals to teenagers and man-children. The NBA is the only league I know of to have articles about "what storylines to watch out for this season."

Those factors have personally turned me off the NBA, but what's also accelerated my disinterest is how star-centric the sport is (or always was). Maybe I never fully realized it or admitted it, but the amount of in-game impact a single player has in the sport is ridiculous. Lebron in the Finals 10 times with 3 different teams. NBA team building philosophy is basically, "sign a couple of stars, make playoffs. Sign Lebron, make Finals." This makes team building and player development also uninteresting, and as fans, you're either hoping to make a splash by signing a top 5 player or pray the ping-pong balls bounce in your favor. If that doesn't happen, your team has no chance to do much of anything, and usually for decades. In other sports, you're not tied to stars this way. Patrick Mahomes still needs a line and a defense. Mike Trout will get about the same number of at bats as the 9 hitter. Hockey stars only play about 30 minutes out of 60.

The Covid and Black Lives Matter situations are partly to blame I'm sure, but I think the declining ratings might point to a larger issue with the sport/league that has turned off many core fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RIP Kobe and Gigi but here’s props to LBJ’s three legit chips.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Go review the transcript further.
    ok

Two ticky tack and one alley oops in a row.
    Good play by Buckets.
    Who cares if LeCoward's lily white cuck is mad.
    This feeling like watching a 24 Hr Fitness feed. Gonna tune out for a while.
    Davis faking more injuries.
    Why wasn't LeCoward T'd up?

Oh, cos he gets to try and intimidate the competish / cry his eyes out.
    "Lakers have not committed a foul here in the fourth"
    Buckets can't be taking bricks early in the shot clock when his team needs a shot.
    That's supposed to be a technical foul. But LeCoward is allowed to talk sh**.
    I don't know how often that's been allowed. But Rondo was allowed to come up and push the defender in the back as he set the screen. Although Lebron didn't use the screen, that kind of tactic creates options.
    Herro was just fouled by KCP with the Lakers up by 6 and then the Lakers come down and make the 3 to put the game out of reach.

Five-point swing. (No way the Heat would get away with a foul like that even if you want to say it was a weak foul).
    I liked the Heat at +7.5; but I knew something like this might happen.
    Davis was allowed to stick his arm out and block Butler on that drive.

Lebron's been getting that call virtually every time in these playoffs.
    And that shot by Herro just ed over all those Laker fans who took the -7.5 in Vegas.
    Just tuning in. Big shot by Duncan Robinson.
    SMH. That's not an and one.
    Hard to win when you're not even allowed to play defense.
    Lebron was allowed to push Crowder to the ground, throw the ball off the bottom of the rim, and then have an easy layup.

SMH.
    How do you not box out Davids on the shot?
    So happy that that was D Green and M Morris f*cking that sh** up for the Lakers.
    Davids is playing possum. Nothing wrong with him.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said I caught none of the finals, dip .

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    I never said I caught none of the finals, dip .
    seems like you saw an awful lot of it based on your posts. and apparently cared an awful lot to take the time to post consistently throughout the games on an internet forum.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems like you saw an awful lot of it based on your posts. and apparently cared an awful lot to take the time to post consistently throughout the games on an internet forum.
    What's an "awful lot"?

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What's an "awful lot"?
    Go review the transcript further. Not my problem you can't keep up.
    watched and posted more than you thought, apparently. enjoy continuing to split hairs to cover the fact that youre a lying got

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watched and posted more than you thought, apparently. enjoy continuing to split hairs to cover the fact that youre a lying got
    What am I lying about?

You're unhinged because your bull failed.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    What am I lying about?

You're unhinged because your bull failed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet is worldwide, bro. And basketball is the 2nd/3rd most popular sport in the world. Again, I'm talking about declining interest in the states.

Thread Information