Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29528482

Unfortunately, Obama and the DNC made him apologize. But, he's president now, not Obama. And he was right in the first place. I praised him all over the place in 2014 even though the DNC quickly shut him up for making a very ballsy and accurate statement about Turkey:

"

"Our biggest problem was our allies," Mr Biden told students at the Harvard Kennedy School.

"The Turks… the Saudis, the Emirates, etc, what were they doing? They were so determined to take down (Syrian President Bashar al) Assad and essentially have a proxy Sunni-Shia war, what did they do? They poured hundreds of millions of dollars and tens, thousands of tonnes of weapons into anyone who would fight against Assad."

These policies ended up helping militants linked to al-Qaeda and ultimately IS, he said.

Mr Biden also claimed that Turkey admitted it had let too many foreign fighters cross its border into Syria.

The incandescent response from Ankara and expressions of "astonishment" from the United Arab Emirates led Mr Biden to "clarify" that he didn't mean the allies had intentionally facilitated the growth of IS or other violent extremists.

Let's hope Joe Biden does the right thing and announces the US is at peace with, or even allied with, Bashar al-Assad, the secular, agnostic, intelligent, non-terrorist president of Syria. His enemies are terrorists; jihadist goons. Damascus is NOT our enemy and has NEVER been as such. I do praise Trump for not starting a war against Assad and helping with eliminating ISIS from Raqqa and most of their territory has been vanquished. Obama never did that. Hopefully Biden is a much better president on foreign policy than either one. Hopefully Biden ends the dumb Trump Tariffs immediately and announces allegiance to Assad and Al-Sisi in Egypt as well.

There is much hope and optimism, tbh. to our #46.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MY PRESIDENT!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have faith that President Biden will de-fund Ankara (Recep Tayyip Erdogan) as no US president, not Trump, not Obama has yet done... if he doesn't defund Turkey I will be surprised and downright disappointed. Turkey is most definitely an enemy under Erdogan.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes let's be friends with nations that kill journalists.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one of the mandates from all of this is that the American public is not interested in perpetual global war. One of the few things that MAGA s and progressives can agree on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol biden and his crackhead son sold our nation out to whoever paid the most but most notably china, ukraine, and others that we know of. yeah he'll be strong on foreign policy or any policy that'll line his pockets and his cronies pockets some more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think one of the mandates from all of this is that the American public is not interested in perpetual global war. One of the few things that MAGA s and progressives can agree on.
    that's why shillary lost in 16, but trump's fiscal war on china did him in this round.

just really hope Biden isn't a war hawk like Obama and Shillary tbh

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If Tom Cotton is the candidate in 2024 MAGA s will do a 180 on neoconservativism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information