Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I notice that that Lefty Brownshirt Useful idiot Chinook still hasen't addressed how Teams in high rent NY,LA,CHICAGO are going to address the impending loss of revenue as their cities and states are facing a Socioeconomic Meltdown? Adam Silver coulnd't have picked a worse time to get on the wrong side of the majority of his fans by having millionaire athletes scold them on they are looking to sports to distract them from as they are loosing jobs and trying to get food on the table. Baseball still hasn't recovered from the mid season Strike of the early 1990s and went from America's Past time to the Past BDQ and that was just a STRIKE. This has been much worse and will more long lasting.

I fully expect one of the Giant Media Companies that own NETWORKS to go under because of this. The Company that pays the NBA Billions of $$ in TV Revenue DISNEY is going to be hardest hit out of the 4 and its only a matter of time before the bottom line bottoms out. They Made BILLIONS from MOVIES and that isn't happening anytime soon when movie theater chains are closing down and Families have to be Judicious on where they spend that entertainment dollar.
    here here!! let them all crash and burn!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew, shut the up man. You're as bad at political discourse as you are at making YouTube videos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that the same folks ing about "cancel culture" have no issue trying to cancel or celebrating the perceived cancellation of things they don't like.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The economy is falling apart all across the country. I don’t think an embrace of BLM is the driving force, just to be extremely obvious, it’s the pandemic.

The NBA had to do a superficial support of BLM to keep the season going. It’s not superficial compared to how the NFL reacted to Colin Kaepernick, but it’s not like it is really going to change much. The workers flexed some muscle, and got some acknowledgment from the league. Good for them. I find this much better of a way for players to use their power than how evil nephew and other superstars use their leverage for personal reasons which only screws over franchises. I suppose for the traumatically-brain-injured Archie Bunkers out there, some banners are too much to handle. Whatever. It’s a black players’ league. Seems idiotic for the league to alienate their workers who are the product.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still pretending human rights and science are politics because the disgrace you people elected as president has tried to politicize virtually everything and his ignorant base laps it up because they've been brainwashed and kept in the dark their entire lives and are incapable of thinking for themselves. Dumbest country on earth.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too Late, the League has been irrevocably damaged by this bone headed move. Its a CCP sponsored Game going forward. I only see league wide contraction soon with big market teams like LA, Clippers, Bulls, Nicks, Nets and others that who will soon be in a Sate or City that are in Social Economic Free falls. One of the two LA Teams Both the NY Teams, and Chicago could all GO AWAY or merge.

Hollywood Movie Industry is headed to Oblivion as Movie theaters chains around the country go bankrupt. NY Elite Rich have Fled so who will pay the see Dolenz ty Nicks in "THE GARDEN" as its in the Middle of New Detroit? Chicago is the US Beirut and when that State goes Insolvent; Micheal Jordan isn't walking in that door. So Who is paying for those Expensive court side seats and more importantly the CORPORATE SUITS in the Future?

They WENT WOKE and are SOON TO BE BROKE.
    Your fear mongering lunacy is exactly why people like you have become irrelevant. You’re a ing moron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's amazing how people are denying this even minimally.

Yes, it did have something to do with it. You're a liar or tool if you don't think so.

How can a society that gets it's rocks off calling people racists not think this massive society of racists wouldn't tune out?

If anything, this should be an angle the racist- identifiers would embrace to help prop their narrative up.

That said, it absolutely had a hand in the 70% fall in ratings. Comparing it to hockey is asinine considering how much more popular basketball is across the nation and how visible LBJ has been with his "activism".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Silver probably saw the NBA ratings in the bubble when they had the sports world to themselves and opted for a neutral NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DOWN GOES DISNEY, and NY, LA, Chicago Market NBA teams with them and that FAT Tv Contract. CONTRACTION of those big

Like Howard Stern Beetlejuice right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The economy is falling apart all across the country. I don’t think an embrace of BLM is the driving force, just to be extremely obvious, it’s the pandemic.

The NBA had to do a superficial support of BLM to keep the season going. It’s not superficial compared to how the NFL reacted to Colin Kaepernick, but it’s not like it is really going to change much. The workers flexed some muscle, and got some acknowledgment from the league. Good for them. I find this much better of a way for players to use their power than how evil nephew and other superstars use their leverage for personal reasons which only screws over franchises. I suppose for the traumatically-brain-injured Archie Bunkers out there, some banners are too much to handle. Whatever. It’s a black players’ league. Seems idiotic for the league to alienate their workers who are the product.
    Don't forget the workers there are there for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew is rendering asunder...
    But should go easier on White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So people have NOTHING ELSE DO, no movies, no bars, no no no...

Nothing to do because of "the Pandemic" EXCEPT simply WATCH the sports on the TV, on an App, ect....

but they DON'T and you conclude ITS JUST THE PANDEMIC.

Spurstalk Eyetester decision Trees on Display....
    I’m trying to understand your point. Are you saying that ratings are down for the NBA but not anywhere else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too far above the rim for a plebe like you. I win. You lose.
    I ask you to try and clarify what it is that you’re saying, and for the first time ever you have nothing to say. That’s hilarious. So. Much. Winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your fear mongering lunacy is exactly why people like you have become irrelevant. You’re a ing moron.
    the truth hurts i guess... coping mechanism is what you're pushing.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Ronald Stump. that guy and his re ed ass cult members.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm damn sure not watching LeBron Lakers and Miami isn't an exciting team either lol

Nevermind the rest of the craziness in this country.

Oh wait... no the real issue is the Qanon and MAGA people not watching.

Please, oh Silent Majority, please watch basketball with us.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    get woke go broke
    snowflake lefties dont watch sports

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks China is leftist is a ing idiot. I can agree to disagree with conservatives civilly. I can even caucus with them on things. But anarchy is leftist. Totalitarianism is far right. Know the ing difference and stop saying stupid .
    So Venezuela is far right?

They are both totalitarian at the extremes.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Math is Fear Mongering? Economics is Fear Mongering? Basic Accounting Ledgers are Fear Mongering?

I don't think you know what Math, Economics, Accounting or Fear Mongering means?
    Why am I not surprised that you’re attempting to characterize heavily biased political driven propaganda and opinions as “fact”. Where have we seen that before?

I tell you what. Stand by your words. If the league doesn’t contract any teams by the start of next season you quit the forum and never come back.

So go on and take that bet. After all its a fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get caught up in definitions of left and right.

Its simple really. If you want the government to have more control and raise taxes and you want less control for your individual state then vote democrats.

If you want less government control and less taxes and more decisions to be made at the state level vote republican.

It really is that simple!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Its simple really. If you want the government to have more control and raise taxes and you want less control for your individual state then vote democrats.

If you want less government control and less taxes and more decisions to be made at the state level vote republican.

If you want corporations to be deregulated and have more power and control over their employees vote republican. Agreed it's really that simple.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, Trump Supporters are sensitive SNOWFLAKES

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you want corporations to be deregulated and have more power and control over their employees vote republican. Agreed it's really that simple.
    I'm looking at the big picture here.

Your looking at a very specific issue. Is that the major reason you are a democrat? Is that one topic important enough for you give up more power to the government?

Do you think that those giant corporations will pay more taxes with no other consequences to the people? If you tax them more you are going to start seeing higher prices from those corporations which mean in reality the people will also be paying more...

Like it or not low taxes for corporations help to keep those corporations in America. They are free to leave for greener pastures if things start stacking against them here and if that happens, jobs will be lost.

Also corporations don't have power and control over their employees, the employees are free to work wherever they choose.
    Last edited by SpurSpike; 10-09-2020 at 11:33 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hilarious and terrible oversimplification considering the republican candidate is constantly abusing the executive power and trying to consolidate more power to himself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking at the big picture here.

Your looking at a very specific issue. Is that the major reason you are a democrat? Is that one topic important enough for you give up more power to the government?

Do you think that those giant corporations will pay more taxes with no other consequences to the people? If you tax them more you are going to start seeing higher prices from those corporations which mean in reality the people will also be paying more...

Like it or not low taxes for corporations help to keep those corporations in America. They are free to leave for greener pastures if things start stacking against them here and if that happens, jobs will be lost.

Also corporations don't have power and control over their employees, the employees are free to work wherever they choose.
    There’s a level of control established by destroying the ability to obtain individual health care on the open market, by, say, reestablishing pre existing conditions. That’s the reason for the dismantling of the ACA. Unless you are from money, and go to law, medical, or dental school, it’s impossible to start something solo, or a small business if you have a preexisting condition. The insurance costs way too much, if you can even get it. BTW, COVID will be considered as such, with the after effects of those who survive.

Thread Information