Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The nba is pathetic. This should’ve been permanent but no of course the commissioner would sellout like they all do!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm looking at the big picture here.

Your looking at a very specific issue. Is that the major reason you are a democrat? Is that one topic important enough for you give up more power to the government?

Do you think that those giant corporations will pay more taxes with no other consequences to the people? If you tax them more you are going to start seeing higher prices from those corporations which mean in reality the people will also be paying more...

Like it or not low taxes for corporations help to keep those corporations in America. They are free to leave for greener pastures if things start stacking against them here and if that happens, jobs will be lost.

Also corporations don't have power and control over their employees, the employees are free to work wherever they choose.
    1.Corporations are going to outsource jobs regardless of how much taxes they pay. Low taxes actually don't keep jobs in America. After the tax deductibles and accounting loop holes are factored in corporations in America actually hardly pay anything and they are a lot of companies that pay 0 taxes. With this factored in they will still open up a factory in China simply because they can pay factory workers there pay that is way below minimum wage along with not having to provide them health care. I'm seeing my own company now even outsource white collar jobs to India despite making record profits. They are in the process of downsizing certain departments and outsourcing them to India simply because they can pay Indians lesser pay.

2. Like the previous poster Exstatic mentioned corporations want to have control over people through healthcare and hence the push to get rid of preexisting conditions protection clause.

3 I mentioned the pre-existed conditions example but I will also throw in another one. Employers in the tech industry are forcing people to sign non-competes. Non-Competes are agreements in which the employee agrees to never go to a rival company or later on become self employed in the same type of field they were employed for by the employer.

5. Historically corporations will always go all out to abuse their employees and give them as little rights as possible. This was evident during the early 20th century in America when people were getting hurt and even killed on the job without the employer having to face any legal consequences. It wasn't until the government passed regulations to protect the employees that ended these awful practices

6. I don't believe in the supply side bs. You are never going to sell that to me. The idea is ridiculously stupid especially when republicans complain about the debt and don't factor in the only source we can use to pay down our debt is tax revenue. When you lower taxes you will get lower revenue and in return explode debt.

7. Freedom is really an illusion. The government and corporations will always have some control over your life. It comes down to how much control you want either side to have over your life. I do believe there is a balancing act that needs to play out and right now corporations have way too much power over people with their abuses.
    Last edited by daslicer; 10-09-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't get caught up in definitions of left and right.

Its simple really. If you want the government to have more control and raise taxes and you want less control for your individual state then vote democrats.

If you want less government control and less taxes and more decisions to be made at the state level vote republican.

It really is that simple!
    These are the half truths politicians want you to believe. You want simplicity? Neither side of the isle truly helps the average working family. Any benefit you get is only a result of someone with much deeper pockets benefiting more.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 10-09-2020 at 03:59 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The NBA players actually shot themselves in the foot by boycotting games when police shot a wanted armed rapist, getting into a car and potentially kidnapping kids.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    havnt watch much sports this year, let alone any spurs games since kawhi left...only just watch weekly game highlights on yt...

dont have time for that crap, too busy working in this ty economy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not sure I’m going to watch another game unless black lives matter is in the court tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's crazy that the same folks ing about "cancel culture" have no issue trying to cancel or celebrating the perceived cancellation of things they don't like.
    Demanding that someone is fired/doxxing people/etc. isn't the same thing as people losing interest because a false narrative is trying to be shoved down their throats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demanding that someone is fired/doxxing people/etc. isn't the same thing as people losing interest because a false narrative is trying to be shoved down their throats.
    Yes it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. You're just so stuck in your echo chamber that you think there's this big divide in how conservatives and liberals treat things they don't like.

Think about how often people call for cancellations on this site and which side of the aisle they're on. You aren't going to find a bunch of liberals screeching about that , because outside of Twitter compilations, folks don't really care that much.

And like doxxing is not close of a liberal or conservative thing. It's not even political thing. Folks get doxxed for all kinds of stupid reasons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1.Corporations are going to outsource jobs regardless of how much taxes they pay. Low taxes actually don't keep jobs in America. After the tax deductibles and accounting loop holes are factored in corporations in America actually hardly pay anything and they are a lot of companies that pay 0 taxes. With this factored in they will still open up a factory in China simply because they can pay factory workers there pay that is way below minimum wage along with not having to provide them health care. I'm seeing my own company now even outsource white collar jobs to India despite making record profits. They are in the process of downsizing certain departments and outsourcing them to India simply because they can pay Indians lesser pay.

2. Like the previous poster Exstatic mentioned corporations want to have control over people through healthcare and hence the push to get rid of preexisting conditions protection clause.

3 I mentioned the pre-existed conditions example but I will also throw in another one. Employers in the tech industry are forcing people to sign non-competes. Non-Competes are agreements in which the employee agrees to never go to a rival company or later on become self employed in the same type of field they were employed for by the employer.

5. Historically corporations will always go all out to abuse their employees and give them as little rights as possible. This was evident during the early 20th century in America when people were getting hurt and even killed on the job without the employer having to face any legal consequences. It wasn't until the government passed regulations to protect the employees that ended these awful practices

6. I don't believe in the supply side bs. You are never going to sell that to me. The idea is ridiculously stupid especially when republicans complain about the debt and don't factor in the only source we can use to pay down our debt is tax revenue. When you lower taxes you will get lower revenue and in return explode debt.

7. Freedom is really an illusion. The government and corporations will always have some control over your life. It comes down to how much control you want either side to have over your life. I do believe there is a balancing act that needs to play out and right now corporations have way too much power over people with their abuses.
    What company you working in bro?

Also, being an Indian myself, I'd have to remind you of the fact that Indians don't care about that work-life balance bull . We as a nation don't mind working 6 days week totalling 80 hours including travel. It's just how we're wired.

Agree with the rest of your pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also the owners likely will be a little bit pissed off if players decide to boycott games because the cops shot somebody. That’s not something that’s going to happen again.

Money talks the ratings are in the toilet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you went to HEB to get your groceries and their employees kept giving you lectures on political matters, you'd likely tell them to **** off and just shop elsewhere. And rightfully so because you don't go there for that.
    no you wouldnt, you would still go to heb bc they are the best in town, just like you still watched the spurs games in the bubble

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no you wouldnt, you would still go to heb bc they are the best in town, just like you still watched the spurs games in the bubble
    There are other options available.

And I rarely watched any of the bubble games this year. Maybe one whole game if you combine all the portions of games I watched throughout.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you went to HEB to get your groceries and their employees kept giving you lectures on political matters, you'd likely tell them to **** off and just shop elsewhere. And rightfully so because you don't go there for that.

No different with sports. We watch it to be entertained, not to be lectured by spoiled athletes.

Lastly, many of us on the conservative side very much agree that some police reform should take place. Black lives matter - no sh1t, Sherlock, every decent human agrees with that. We don't need lectures on it in any form or fashion.
    I wish HEB was more socially responsible, but they’ve been silent. Silence is violence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people here really have no life, tbh

-"you're stupid, I'm smarter than you!"
    - "No, You"re the dumb one, I'm the smart guy!"
    -"I'm so right, you're so wrong!"
    - No, I'm so right, you're so wrong!"
    - No, that's me, loser!

Looks like all the online weirdos have converged over here, sometimes.

I'm so smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is ironic that the only color in basketball that matters is orange.
    Last edited by dbestpro; 10-11-2020 at 12:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is ironic that the only color in basketball that matters is orange.
    In pro basketball or any other pro sport, the only color that matters is green... as in money.

It’s not just the luxury box sales that impact team profits... it’s season ticket sales and TV revenue. The per game tick sales are unpredictable for most teams and is tied to wins/losses. If you piss away ANY of those revenues by alienating half of the customer base for any reason, you’re going to be out of business. Players & coaches are employees and are under contract to “work”, however that is defined in the contract. The business (team) fails, those players & coaches are out of a job. Enough teams fail, the league is out of business.

Some additional comments:

1. A Corporation is nothing more than the legal method of defining the ownership of a business en y. People who assign human traits (those evil corporations) are either idiots, or worse... manipulative of an uninformed audience.
    2. Business en ies (Corporations, Partnerships, LLC’s, LLP’s, etc) don’t pay taxes. People (customers) pay taxes when they purchase the product or service. Whatever taxes ANY business incurs are a cost component in determining the price of the product or service. If that tax cost is too high, the business will either move to a lower tax location or go out of business.
    3. Money is nothing more than a tradable representation of the value of a person’s labor & assets.
    4. When government sets ANY minimum wage, they are excluding from the workforce people who’s labor isn’t worth that much (yet) to a potential employer due to deficiency of skills, knowledge, experience or any other trait necessary to perform the task. Excluding this many people from the workforce is the ultimate in governmental cruelty.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some people here really have no life, tbh

-"you're stupid, I'm smarter than you!"
    - "No, You"re the dumb one, I'm the smart guy!"
    -"I'm so right, you're so wrong!"
    - No, I'm so right, you're so wrong!"
    - No, that's me, loser!

Looks like all the online weirdos have converged over here, sometimes.

I'm so smart.
    Message boards like this are a beacon for low socio economic folk who really have nothing better in their life than escapism on an Internet forum. Unfortunately they bring their personality with them and hence Internet forums are a swamp full of vitriolic and childlike banter. Throw politics into the mix where every jerkoff thinks their opinion is all that matters and here we are on Spurstalk, discussing politics in basketball.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meanwhile, the poor EPL players still have to kneel for paychecks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was a fantastic campaign. Mad props to the NBA!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who thinks China is leftist is a ing idiot. I can agree to disagree with conservatives civilly. I can even caucus with them on things. But anarchy is leftist. Totalitarianism is far right. Know the ing difference and stop saying stupid .
    the drew show and stupidity pretty much go hand in hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. You're just so stuck in your echo chamber that you think there's this big divide in how conservatives and liberals treat things they don't like.

Think about how often people call for cancellations on this site and which side of the aisle they're on. You aren't going to find a bunch of liberals screeching about that , because outside of Twitter compilations, folks don't really care that much.

And like doxxing is not close of a liberal or conservative thing. It's not even political thing. Folks get doxxed for all kinds of stupid reasons.
    People lost interest. That's not cancel culture. Smh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People lost interest. That's not cancel culture. Smh.
    Okay, so "Cancel Culture" isn't actually a thing at all. Not for liberals or conservatives. It's only a term because conservatives who have long been used to their consumer interests dominating the market, find themselves almost powerless against current market forces. Whether one loses interest out of protest or out of ennui, the effect is the same. You and I apparently both stopped watching the NBA, and I'm assuming we stopped for the same reason. The difference is that I'm totally fine saying the reason -- that the product wasn't and usually isn't good enough to keep my interest when SA isn't playing. While you are trying to derive a bit of power from claiming that the relative minority of folks that agree with your political views actually had a noticeable sway on the NBA's policy.

It's always been a thing that folks will stop supporting people or companies who do things they don't like. I could list obvious examples like Bill Mahr's show on ABC or the Dixie Chicks as times when conservatives totally actively boycotted and removed media they didn't like. But honestly, the entire idea of censorship for TV and radio came from conservatives ing about not wanting to hear about certain concepts or language. It's honestly crazily tone-deaf of boomers and their ilk to even come up with idea that it's some new, liberal term seeing as they spent their youths fighting the same pressures from their parents.

So yeah, I agree. People just lost interest. It's not cancel culture. Nothing is. So go ahead and tell that to the OP and not me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay, so "Cancel Culture" isn't actually a thing at all. Not for liberals or conservatives. It's only a term because conservatives who have long been used to their consumer interests dominating the market, find themselves almost powerless against current market forces. Whether one loses interest out of protest or out of ennui, the effect is the same. You and I apparently both stopped watching the NBA, and I'm assuming we stopped for the same reason. The difference is that I'm totally fine saying the reason -- that the product wasn't and usually isn't good enough to keep my interest when SA isn't playing. While you are trying to derive a bit of power from claiming that the relative minority of folks that agree with your political views actually had a noticeable sway on the NBA's policy.

It's always been a thing that folks will stop supporting people or companies who do things they don't like. I could list obvious examples like Bill Mahr's show on ABC or the Dixie Chicks as times when conservatives totally actively boycotted and removed media they didn't like. But honestly, the entire idea of censorship for TV and radio came from conservatives ing about not wanting to hear about certain concepts or language. It's honestly crazily tone-deaf of boomers and their ilk to even come up with idea that it's some new, liberal term seeing as they spent their youths fighting the same pressures from their parents.

So yeah, I agree. People just lost interest. It's not cancel culture. Nothing is. So go ahead and tell that to the OP and not me.
    You're being intellectually dishonest.

Liberals try to "cancel" people by harassment.

Everyone else just simply chooses not to partake in something.

Those aren't the same things.

Thread Information